Wolverhampton 6/2/09

7.20 Wolverhampton Riguez Dancer hacked up at Southwell on Tuesday and understandably his trainer turns him out quickly again here under a penalty after an easy win. However, he is likely to be short in the betting and I think there will be value in siding with another, American Spin. Adam Kirby's mount interests me at the price as he is lightly raced and open to significant improvement after only two career runs. Formerly with Brian Meehan he made his debut in a Newmarket maiden in October 2006 but was kept off the track for over two years, presumably because of injury, before returning to action for a new yard 31 days ago at Kempton. Racing over a similar sort of distance to that he will tackle tomorrow he was a wide margin winner, beating Dontpaytheferryman by four and a half lengths. The form of that maiden isn't anything out of the ordinary as the runner up is only rated 52 on the AW and the third, Orpanella, 54, but he could only beat what was put infront of him and the manner of the victory looks impressive on paper. He starts life handicapping on a mark of 75 tomorrow, and if he is able to reproduce the level of form displayed on his debut then he could be up to the task off that rating, bearing in mind the form of the rivals - Napper Tandy (1st) went close in handicaps off 88 and was second in a listed race when last seen, Walking Talking (2nd) has been running well off marks around 90 in handicap company and Carlton Cannes (6th) won on his handicap debut off 75, and was around 3 lengths behind American Spin that day. All in all I think he is well handicapped, his recent win proves he is in good health despite few runs on the racecourse and I think he could go well at a price. 6/1 Bet 365.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.