Best bet of the day - 4th Feb

4.40 Lingfield I watched Tous les Deux's last race on the 16th January and noted him down straight afterwards as one to follow next time out. Ridden from the back of the field by Fergus Sweeney, he was forced wide as they swung for home, but he made strong progress late on and was gaining on the leaders at the finish. Gary Moore's gelding is running off a mark of 72 again tomorrow, which is 7 lbs higher than his win at Kempton on the 5th November, however, I feel the form of his last few races has been well advertised and he is entitled to go well off this higher mark. On the 30th December he finished second to Titan Triumph over course and distance and the 82-rated winner ran well next time out when defeated by only a short head by Red Somerset. Jake The Snake was a further half of a length back in third, and boosted the form further when landing a race when last seen (albeit in a claimer). However, the most noteworthy piece of form in my opinion is his seventh last time out as the form of that race has been triple franked, firstly by the winner Trafalgar Square, who won off a 5 lb higher mark next time out, secondly by the third, Strabinios King, who won in a higher grade next time out at Wolverhampton and can be considered an unlucky loser on his last run as he went in seach of a double as a stray horse unsettled him upfront. The final form boost comes courtesy of the tenth, Cornus, who picked up a Southwell handicap off 70 a week ago (incidentally, it was Strabinios King who he mugged for the win). With George Baker back in the saddle that is another huge plus and I think Tous les Deux can go well at a price if the gaps appear. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - 4th Feb WEDNESDAY - DOWN ROYAL 2.15 2M4F MAIDEN HURDLE 7/7 won by the FAV [ 4 CLEAR , 1 JT + 1 CO-FAV ] 6/7 carried OVER 10:13 5/7 ran within 30 days of their last outing 7/7 placed between 2nd-4th in either of their last 2 outings 7/7 were returned at odds of UNDER 8/1 LTO. 0/7 were ridden by a claimer JUDGE ROY BEAN is a clear Fav according to the RP F/cast , it carries 11:12 and finished 3rd LTO @ 3/1. One minor negative is that it last ran 37 days ago but we won't hold that against it . Won't win fortunes at the odds but everything is in it's favour and lets :hope that the meeting goes ahead

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.