SOUTHWELL - 03 Feb 09

PL2008

Riguez Dancer SOUTHWELL 16:40 Won lto to bring his last five Class 5 runs into 12911. Last two starts have been at this course - 14 and 17 furlongs. Trainer P C Haslam have 4 wins and 1 second from his last 11 runners. 3 wins from the last 5 runs on the All-Weather - two from two by Riguez Dancer. With his 12 length unchallenged romp lto I think he deserves to be my bbotd. 10pts to win

Re: SOUTHWELL - 03 Feb 09

Riguez Dancer SOUTHWELL 16:40 Won lto to bring his last five Class 5 runs into 12911. Last two starts have been at this course - 14 and 17 furlongs. Trainer P C Haslam have 4 wins and 1 second from his last 11 runners. 3 wins from the last 5 runs on the All-Weather - two from two by Riguez Dancer. With his 12 length unchallenged romp lto I think he deserves to be my bbotd. 10pts to win
His last two starts have been at WOLVERHAMPTON. and not Southwell.

Re: SOUTHWELL - 03 Feb 09 2.10 Southwell Just the Lady is no world beater but she may be too good for this bunch with only Forever's Girl looking like a likely contender. Just The Lady tackles the surface for the first time but has shown on turf she likes to get her toe in (won on soft ground at Beverley) and her running style is suited to this CD. Her rating has been dropped 10 lbs after a third in a Lingfield seller last time out, and 63 seems a bit more realistic. She won a selling handicap off this mark previously and so looks to have less to find that Forever's Girl who has been raised 3 lbs, despite finishing 4th last time out, and is 9 lbs above her last winning mark. 7/2 Skybet 3.40 Southwell Xpress Maite is the 5/2 fav here off the back of a win here (when well backed) last time. However, that win came as a bit of a shock as he petered out tamely here on the 2nd Jan, and I don't have maximum faith on him to follow up off a 5 lb higher mark here. Ingelby Arch is getting well backed this morning and could go off fav, but is another that looks too short imo. Admittedly, he did win a class 5 handicap here in November and although he probably found the company a little too hot last time and is entitled to go better here now dropped in grade, his profile suggests he doesn't score highly in the consistency stakes and at the price I think the percentage call is to oppose. Thoughtsofstardom goes better on polytrack and has started to look in the grips of the assessor and Came Back is yet to win since switching yards and moving back into handicaps. After a 3 lb drop he's entitled to fare slightly better now and he does act on the course, but the trainer/jockey is a no no for me personally and I'm passing over. So that leaves two possibles; Realt Na Mara and Bo McGinty. The former is a course and distance winner having won last time out but Hughie Morrison's gelding steps up in grade here and must prove himself off a career high mark. His effectiveness on the surface is a massive plus but at the prices I think Bo McGinty is a better punt. Richard Fahey's gelding isn't 100 % reliable, but he is handicapped to win on the pick of his form as he runs off 76 here, 4 lb less than his Chester success in a class 3 handicap in June (same grade as here). Although most of his wins have come over the minimum trip, he does have a couple of wins over 6 furlongs and he is proven on the fibresand having won here in April. 8/1 Blue Square 4.40 Southwell Riguez Dancer looks a good thing here having sluiced up last time but good things, like Mrs Bun, Jordi Roper, Sabancaya and Take Me There, have all been done at bigger prices than this at this track so I'm taking a chance on another as I feel the fav will be well backed, pushing up the value about the others. Mr Aitch was sent off at 66/1 here in December but put in a decent effort to finish a neck off Ornkney. He was raised 3 lbs by the handicapper as a result, and ran credibly last time out at Wolverhampton when fourth to El Diego. The form of that race has been boosted by the third, River Ardeche, who won next time out off 72 and the sixth, Mission Control, won next time out off 70. It is also worth noting that Karmest (reopposes here) was well back in 8th that day too. Steve Drowne's mount runs off the same mark of 73 here so I think that gives him every chance bearing in mind he has won in a higher grade off 1 lb lower in the past (Chester Aug '06). That win may have been three years ago, but he retains some ability - not only does he have the aforementioned form to his name, he has been running well in the NH scene with a win and a place to his name this year and he can't be written off, despite the 14's on offer. 14/1 Blue Square

Re: SOUTHWELL - 03 Feb 09

Cheers mate' date=' it was a cracking weekend wasn't it. I bet you tried to smuggle that beer pong table back home with you didn't you ;)[/quote'] lol, it was a great weekend.... its a shame there were a few folk who weren't feeling the best, especially Paul who put in so much effort organising the event. I think its safe to say that I got a bit carried away with the beer pong I didn't want to do it at all but Gazza was very persuasive!! Once we started it all got a bit wild and Gazza definately brought out my competitive side!! I still don't know how we won as we only played 1 game?? I hear there is money to be made in Vegas!! :rollin

Re: SOUTHWELL - 03 Feb 09 LADY ASHEENA 1.40 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. Goes handicapping after a few fair efforts and with being able to race off a mark of 52, she has every chance. She also could improve for the slight step up in trip, so after all considered she appears well worthy at a bet at around 10/1.