** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Player04

gazza

Re: Player04 Welcome to my thread. Lets get right down to it. HAND HISTORY #1 I had been playing well in this game, very aggressive in position which is why I think penalhuset played the hand like this. BossMedia Game #1429607511: Table Table TH 375 - €0.05/€0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:31:31 - 2009/01/27 Seat 1: Player004 (€20.12) Seat 3: stonearm (€9.85) Seat 2: penalhuset (€20.69) Seat 4: |sumada| (€8.08) Seat 5: gameover32 (€10.68) stonearm posts the big blind of €0.10 penalhuset posts the small blind of €0.05 Player004 is the button *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Player004 [8h Ad] |sumada| folds gameover32 folds Player004 raises €0.35 penalhuset calls €0.35 stonearm folds *** FLOP *** [3d Qc 2h] penalhuset bets €0.30 Player004 raises €1.70 penalhuset calls €1.70 *** TURN *** [3d Qc 2h] [Ah] penalhuset checks Player004 bets €2.20 penalhuset raises €8.65 Player004 goes all-in with €18.07 penalhuset calls €18.07 *** RIVER *** [3d Qc 2h Ah] [9d] *** SUMMARY *** Total pot €38.33 | Rake €2.01 Board: [3d Qc 2h Ah 9d] Player004 won (€0.00), showed [8h Ad] penalhuset won (€38.33), showed [2s Ac] stonearm won (€0.00), mucks |sumada| won (€0.00), mucks gameover32 won (€0.00), mucks I have penalhuset down as a good player, I had spent the game trying not to get involved with him. He had re raised me a couple of times in the same situation and had gone on to show strong hands so I didn't put him on AQ or anything like QQ, KK, AA. Maybe JJ. I bluffed at the flop and then when the A hit was absolutely sure I was ahead, then got blinkered and donated my chips.

Re: Player04 Hand from a game I just played. Hand History #2

Stacks

Seat 1: player004 (UTG) (€15.58)

Seat 2: CutOff (€10.00)

Seat 3: Button (€0.96) Seat 4: Small Blind (€18.09) Seat 5: Big Blind (€7.99)

Blinds

Big Blind posts the big blind of €0.10

Small Blind posts the small blind of €0.05

CutOff posts the big blind of €0.10

Button is the button

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to player004 [:3h: :3c:]

player004 calls €0.10

CutOff checks

Button calls €0.10

Small Blind calls €0.10

Big Blind raises €0.40

player004 calls €0.40

CutOff calls €0.40

Button folds

Small Blind calls €0.40

*** FLOP *** [:4d: :3s: :Ah:]

Small Blind bets €1.70

Big Blind calls €1.70

player004 calls €1.70

CutOff folds

*** TURN *** [:4d: :3s: :Ah:] [:2h:]

Small Blind checks

Big Blind checks

player004 checks

*** RIVER *** [:4d: :3s: :Ah:] [:2h:] [:8c:]

Small Blind checks

Big Blind goes all-in with €5.89

What would you do here? Small blind has VI$IP 60, PFR 4.35 (only 23 hands) Big blind has VI$IP 67.67, PFR 50 (only 6 hands)

Re: Player04 It's a huge bet that only a 5 could call... so i reckon he had A8s! :\ He could have pocket 5s or 88s which would put you in trouble but I think with the call on the flop and large river bet he must have a suited A... I'm leaking money like a seive at the moment so imagine I am completely wrong and shouldn't have bothered posting this... but it's too late now! Curious though AJ... what do you think he had with his 5... A5s maybe? Pocket 5s, or a totally random hand??? As I say my current game is going downhill at the moment... some poor calculating and adventorous calls from other have done me in... and I would like to hear why he has the 5?? He did raise preflop... not enough to be a real hand???

Re: Player04 I'd put him on a pocket pair. I don't think that call on the flop was very strong so I think the only hands you need to be worried about are 55 or 88. I think the only PP he could call that flop raise with is 55 but then the pre flop raise from the BB with that doesn't fit. I'd call and expect to see something like JJ, QQ. I agree with AJ though and you should have been more active on the flop.

Re: Player04

So much for that plan. I really am rubbish at cash. Can't seem to get anything going at all. Going to cut down to 2 tables and only play for 60-90 minutes at a time. Think I'm down about €50 at the moment...
I find I start to lose concentration after about 60 minutes playing cash(3 tables SH) so try not to play long sessions.

Didn't think I'd struggle at this level :$
I think a lot of players "rubbish" playing at this level - the standard is definitely worse, however I also think it's a good test of a players natural skill (theoretical book poker needs to be significantly adjusted for to play against this level at its best) and a good test of a players ability to adjust their game to their opponents - learning to beat this level will, IMO, stand you better than skipping it to a point where you can just play your standard text book poker.....

I think a lot of players "rubbish" playing at this level - the standard is definitely worse' date=' however I also think it's a good test of a players natural skill (theoretical book poker needs to be significantly adjusted for to play against this level at its best) and a good test of a players ability to adjust their game to their opponents - learning to beat this level will, IMO, stand you better than skipping it to a point where you can just play your standard text book poker.....[/quote'] Since I made the changes I've had an upswing and am showing a small profit but still down over 3 buyins for Feb. One major thing that has helped is getting the HUD sorted so I can try and figure out what people are doing. Its amazing how many player play 60% of hands but never raise. I'm really trying to work on not getting attached to hands. I am calling when it is obvious my KK has been beaten by a river that fills both straight and flush draws and my opponent goes all in but I have still called. I reckon that has cost me about €40. Maybe at the bigger levels this won't happen so much (wishful thinking?) but big river bets at this level are never a bluff so I need to keep focused on that. \ramble

Re: Player04 I find tiredness and moods are the main enemy,if I`m full of life and happy the games easy,if someone at work or at home upsets me then I end up losing sooner or later,the same happens if I`m tired.So I am trying to stick to these rules,easier said then done I know,but they way forward I think.As for your hand I would have tried to win it on the flop,if any followed and depending on what type of player they are,would not have another big bet.