** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Folkstone 13/1/09

15.20 Folkstone - Syncopated Rhythm Won its last 2 races and over this distance LTO. Although its mark is up I still think it has a strong chance of winning this race. It is a really good race though. Twiston-Davies only horse out at the meeting and Jockey's only mount which is a positive factor so they must feel it has strong claims. Brennan has a good record at this course as well riding a 1st and a 3rd just at the start of the year.

Re: Folkstone 13/1/09 Folk 2.20 Silk Affair 1 pt win Think this may just be a good race with some likley improvers in here and some unknowns from biggish yards. However the one I like most just ahead of psi, is silk affair. Silk Affair was a good horse on the flat, once optimistically put in the ire. oaks but a 90 odd rated horse and something with that flat ability warrents some respect over hurdles. She also proved she could act in soft conditions which she should get today. Her hurdling debut I thought showed some promise. She ended up plugging on into midfield with the so impressive winner starluck romping home. However one gets the impression that the race will work out in time, there were some strong yards represented and that first run by silk affair showed promise for the future. She should be able to build on that today plus the way she plugged suggested todays slightly extended trip shouldnt be a huge problem. Interestingly psi also has formlines on his debut, where he ran a similar style to silk affair, with another TH fav. zaynar so it will be worth looking at to see how the two compare today but Im just giving the edge to Silk Affair, the filly who gets weight and whilst its never easy in such circumstances, I feel she has a decent chance today.

Re: Folkstone 13/1/09 2.50 - Royal Hilarity Blueberry Ice is a low price finishing 2nd to the progressive Little Shilling, but this was over hurdles and I am going to take him on over fences. My selection changed stables and could do well for Peter Bowen today. He finished a decent 4th lto in a race, where the gallop was really strong and Tom Messanger decided to be up with the pace, which gave the horse no chance. Seamus Durrack is a better booking and the horse should go close with conditions to suit. 3.20 - National Petition Bidding for a four-timer after a quick hat trick last December. Will race of a high mark now, but is an out and out stayer and the weight shouldn't be a problem. The only worry could be they go a slow pace and it could turn into a sprint in the end, but it should be a big enough test and the stable is in form.

Re: Folkstone 13/1/09 FOLKESTONE GOING: Chase course - GOOD TO SOFT (Frozen in places); Hurdle course - SOFT (Majority of Hurdle course frost free) PRECAUTIONARY INSPECTION 7.30am WEATHER (Mostly cloudy with a scattering of light showers; light to moderate south-westerly winds)

Re: Folkstone 13/1/09 2.20 Psi @ 4/1 Bet365 This looks a race to oppose the short favourite and look for some value. I'm really not sure about the form of the David Pipe stable and he hasnt had many runners this season. For that reason, I cant take odds on for his newcomer. Instead, I am going to side with Gary Moore's Psi. Moore has a great record at Folkestone and Jamie Moore is booked, which has to be a positive. Psi's debut came in a particularly hot race and he has to improve for that. The 2 fancied horses that beat him were Triumph Hurdle favourite Hebridean and current Triumph Hurdle favourite Zaynar. He ran with credit in that race, and will come on for the run. With that in mind, he looks a good bet today. 2.50 Royal Hilarity @ 4/1 Stan James I am hoping this will turn out to be an EW bet to nothing. First off, I should mention that I dont like the favourite. He is getting on a bit, and his chase form is poor. 2/1 is far too short. Jim Best has a good record at the track though, so I'm going to back one against him rather than lay the favourite. That horse, is Royal Hilarity, trained by Peter Bowen, who has a great record with few runners at the track. The selection has been ultra consistent in his last 3 runs, but has yet to get his head in front despite running well. He hasnt been far away though, and runs off a lighter weight in the softer ground today. I'm hoping that combined with the energy of youth can enable him to get his head in front. EW 3.50 Ryde Back @ 2.18 Betfair The Folkestone card ends with a bumper, and an evens money favourite for Nicky henderson should provide punters with an opportunity to get any losses back. Nicky Henderson just sends the one runner to Folkestone today, where he has a whopping 52% strike rate. His bumper horses tend to be classy, and I cant see past this one. :hope Good luck all

Re: Folkstone 13/1/09 Trainer C J Mann @ Folkestone since 2008: 3 wins (7 placed) from 8.

DateRaceHorseSPPosition£100 win£50 each way
2 Jan 20081:00 FolkestoneMACS GOOSE15-22/12-10043
2 Jan 20082:00 FolkestoneLAREDO SOUND9-23/11-20038
2 Jan 20082:35 FolkestoneAIR FORCE ONE8-151/10-14670
27 Feb 20082:40 FolkestoneFIGURITA7-15/13-246-29
27 Feb 20083:40 FolkestoneBORERO9-11/11653510
18 Nov 20082:10 FolkestoneFIGURITA16-12/9553620
2 Jan 200912:30 FolkestoneMR BIG11-41/14828792
2 Jan 20092:35 FolkestoneFAIR POINT9-22/8728787
Three set to race today. Gofannon - 2:20 / 1pt ew @ 33-1 bluesq Tarquinius - 3:20 / 1pt ew @ 10-1 paddypower Never Lost - 3:50 / 1pt ew @ 22-1 skybet