Bbotd 8/1/09

2.20 Southwell Chocolicious Clear form pick on run behind Hellbender over this course last time out. Step up in trip should suit if held up and it settles better. Racing post confirms this one should come on for its previous run and nothing as good as Hellbender in this race.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 1.55 Great Leighs Silvanus was a horse I put up for his last run when I hedged with Dvinsky at Wolverhampton. Unfortunately, he didn't get the race run at a true pace due to a lack of pacesetters in the line up and Dvinsky, despite starting from a poor draw, was allowed to dictate the tempo and went on to score after leading them along in his own time. Silvanus did ever to well to finish a neck second to the 79-rated winner under the circumstances. Ian Semple's charge is let in off 72 here and in my opinion that makes him well handicapped. He's been running consistently of late and the form of his fourth over course and distance in November has been franked by the second, Doutful Sound (twice so infact, last win off 79) and by the winner, Ivory Silk, who also won next time out off 80. For me, the key factor tomorrow is that he is likely to get the race run to suit (through Godfrey Street) and I think that will bring out the best in this son of Danehill Dancer. 1 pt win

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.