Bbotd 7/1/09

Re: Bbotd 7/1/09 3.25 Kempton Wine 'n Dine -This is a horse I have been keeping tabs on over the past couple of months. He first caught my eye at the start of December as one that was well handicapped. Let in off on a mark of 72 for his handicap debut he had some decent bits of maiden form previously, most notably a hugely promising fourth on his Newmarket debut when behind General Elliott. The Paul Cole rival has ran in some decent AW races at listed level and is rated in the 100's after winning a conditions race next time out to boost the form of that maiden. The second, Sortita, has subsequenty won off 86 in handicaps, and Wine 'n Dine was only around 4 lengths behind that day. The 6th, Amanjena, has won off 74 in handicaps and won a classified stakes race at Ascot rated 87 when last seen, so the form overall looked solid. On his handicap debut he was sent off favourite but was narrowly beaten by Cape Colony. However, he ran up against that rival again when last seen and with the Richard Hannon horse raised in the handicap to 81, he managed to reverse the form. He stayed on well in the closing stages to lead at the post so I think the step up in trip here could work in his favour. He handles the surface for sure, is a previous course winner, won for Eddie Ahern last time and could still be ahead of the handicapper with a 6 lb increase from his last run. 1 pt win.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.