Southwell Tuesday 6th January

Tuesday 6th January SOUTHWELL

Milton Bradley runs two my preference is for TADIL as I think he should be a bigger price than his stable mate Mister Incredible who is the chosen ride of Mark Geran. Tadil holds most of these on his latest course form while he does have a think about the game he has more ability than his stable companion it’s just a case he wants to go by in the closing stages for me.

Recommendation

TADIL 3pts Place 1pt Win

The selection is St Savarin best in at the weights and the stable is in good form for a small yard. Course winner in the past so worries their and drops into a modest claimer added to that he stacks up on the Speed figures. Four runs around Southwell at 11f plus have yielded 2 wins and a 2nd placed efforts suggesting he going to be right at home here and he’s sure to benefit from his last run his first for nearly eight months. Anywhere around 6/4 will do for me

Recommendation

ST SAVARIN 5pts Win

Other horses of note on the day are NORTHERN EMPIRE in the 3.10 I fancy him to reserve form with the likes of The Tatling with a few pounds pull. With 8 runners I would have made him a strong Each Way play. In the 3.40 providing the headgear works again JACK RACKHAM should makes amends for 4 days ago. He takes on some in form rivals but is well handicapped nowadays and can prove too good for this lot, however he could go off very short which tempers my enthusiasm Bryan Smart has a few chances on the card early on and with his stable firing in winners on a regular basis this fellow could start less than 2/1 if either of his runners are successful in the 2nd and 3rd races we could see a snowball effect 2/1 would be my minimum price requirement with the few imponderables listed.

Re: Southwell Tuesday 6th January 3.10 Rebel Duke Finished second in a much better race over CD last week, a class 2 race He was 6lbs out of the handicap that day, so effectively ran off 86. As he was joint bottom weight it means that every horse in that race was rated higher than the top rated horse in todays race. It was run in a fast time, topspeed of winner was 87, which is pretty hot for the AW. Rebel Duke was just headed in the last 50 yards and finished 2 lengths clear of the 3rd. Runs off his correct mark of 80 today He was beaten just over a length by The Tatling and neck by Northern Empire two runs ago but that was his second run back after a summer break and he appeared to still need the race. Now he's had 3 runs and put up a career best last time out he looks ready to win. I'd be amazed if he isn't favourite, although he's not showing as favourite in some of the forecasts..........:loon

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.