Playing Big Hands

Jaded

Am getting fed up by the amount of money I seem to lose by not extracting enough chips out of people when I've got a big hand... as an example, see the one below: Any thoughts on a better way to play? (No real reads, haven't been at the table long.) PokerStars Game #23500471254: Tournament #129748324, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2009/01/02 20:56:23 GMT [2009/01/02 15:56:23 ET] Table '129748324 68' 6-max Seat #4 is the button Seat 1: saymo83 (11625 in chips) Seat 2: suffekat (12073 in chips) Seat 3: JadedJ (12740 in chips) Seat 4: loiclafouine (4710 in chips) Seat 5: sts27 (7180 in chips) Seat 6: klausj1 (4660 in chips) saymo83: posts the ante 25 suffekat: posts the ante 25 JadedJ: posts the ante 25 loiclafouine: posts the ante 25 sts27: posts the ante 25 klausj1: posts the ante 25 sts27: posts small blind 125 klausj1: posts big blind 250 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to JadedJ [:Ah: :Ac:] saymo83: raises 500 to 750 suffekat: folds JadedJ: calls 750 loiclafouine: folds sts27: folds klausj1: folds *** FLOP *** [:6c: :6s: :9h:] saymo83: bets 750 JadedJ: calls 750 *** TURN *** [:6c: :6s: :9h:] [:7d:] saymo83: bets 750 JadedJ: raises 3000 to 3750 saymo83: folds

Re: Playing Big Hands You were too PASSIVE pre- and post-flop imo :unsure I wouldn't ever call pre-flop with AA, it would always be getting reraised. Then again on the flop, I want to know where I am, and he's getting raised again. Turn bet 3750 into 3525 (if my addition is correct) pot is fair enough

Re: Playing Big Hands You took over 2,000 chips off the guy, not sure what your issue is ? In fact i'll go further, my gut feel is the guy had you beaten with trip 6s and he's taken your raise as a representation of a straight and folded to it. I think you got away light in this hand. It was a very dangerous board for AA

Re: Playing Big Hands I think you played that well JJ:unsure. I like calling a raise with AA in position. It will normally allow the pre-flop raiser to C-bet the flop. I disagree with AJ that he had a six, I think he had two broadway cards. Your call is fine, and the re-raise on the turn was correct as the board got scary. Just my thoughts.

Re: Playing Big Hands

You were too PASSIVE pre- and post-flop imo :unsure I wouldn't ever call pre-flop with AA, it would always be getting reraised. Then again on the flop, I want to know where I am, and he's getting raised again.
Absolutely. Think yourself lucky he wasn't playing a hand like 9,9 or 7,6s. The reraise should flush out hands like that. A,A is a hand to lose a lot of chips with, not necessarily one to win a lot with.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Playing Big Hands

Absolutely. Think yourself lucky he wasn't playing a hand like 9,9 or 7,6s. The reraise should flush out hands like that. A,A is a hand to lose a lot of chips with, not necessarily one to win a lot with.
Well no, AA is the hand you want to be getting all in with. Its a hand that can win alot. At these micro stakes i think you should just be playing ABC as the players are terrible.