1. 1.

• hell yeah, send it through
    • sorry, cant make it

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll

So now we know who Sweethayley is :ok It's the 42 (and rising) post w1nsome - registered in a tournament with a "50 post minimum" rule :unsure
whats the point of having a 50 post rule and then breaking it,?? i appreciate the work that has gone into this but isnt it meant to reward the regulars on this forum?

whats the point of having a 50 post rule and then breaking it,?? i appreciate the work that has gone into this but isnt it meant to reward the regulars on this forum?
I thought the first post made it perfectly clear that the 50 posts wasnt a hard and fast rule and that each case would be judged on its merits where a person didnt have 50 posts.

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll Al it's a benchmark To be eligible to play you should have a minimum of 50 posts as of 10th December and been active on PL in the last 30 days. This is,however, a benchmark should these points not be meet then entry will be purely at the poker mods discretion. This is aimed mainly to reward regulars,but some newbies have also offered some good things to the forum and in certain cases the mods believe they wil continue to do so,this will not allow people who have just registered in the last few days or suddenly increase their post count with no substance to their posts to suddenly appear in it but each individuals case is taken into account.

...or suddenly increase their post count...
Like by posting the same thing in all the poker forums* within 5 minutes?? :tongue2 *The English plural forums is preferred to the Latin plural fora in normal English usage. Ref: Modern English Usage, 2nd Edition, ed. Sir Ernest Gowers, Oxford 1968 (article '-um', p.658)

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll We have old-uns that might not see it otherwise and we wouldn't want you to miss it mate;)

Like by posting the same thing in all the poker forums* within 5 minutes?? :tongue2 *The English plural forums is preferred to the Latin plural fora in normal English usage. Ref: Modern English Usage, 2nd Edition, ed. Sir Ernest Gowers, Oxford 1968 (article '-um', p.658)

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll Thanks for the moral support from some of the members and Mods on here, and are keen for new members to join thier site and take part ----- I have unreged. from the p/power game---due to the not so keen 1s ---- I have been a member for over 1-1/2yrs--looking in,but did not think i was good enough at poker to air my views--as most of you have been at poker a lot longer than myself/. Maybe some of you,are afraid of fresh competion,and want an edge--well good luck to you. I did not think i would have recieved the password from the Mods,as i had not done the reqiured posts---Thank You AvonGirl,---after recieving the pass.--it was my intension to play,and if i did happen to win any of your prizes--it would have been passed to the bubbleboy/girl--i hear you all sayin "yeah" I am also a member of Pocket5s forum and my sign in name is R1TCHIE--maybe you can look up a post there where i gave away a package to the APPT Auckland for zilch--p/stars kindly agreed to this transfer Once again thanks to the people who have faith in people,g/luck

Al it's a benchmark To be eligible to play you should have a minimum of 50 posts as of 10th December and been active on PL in the last 30 days. This is,however, a benchmark should these points not be meet then entry will be purely at the poker mods discretion. This is aimed mainly to reward regulars,but some newbies have also offered some good things to the forum and in certain cases the mods believe they wil continue to do so,this will not allow people who have just registered in the last few days or suddenly increase their post count with no substance to their posts to suddenly appear in it but each individuals case is taken into account.
just think what the forum could get if the approx 100 non regular poker players that have ticked their interest in the poll played the pokerkings,stan james,trillion and virgin games on a regular basis.

Thanks for the moral support from some of the members and Mods on here, and are keen for new members to join thier site and take part ----- I have unreged. from the p/power game---due to the not so keen 1s ---- I have been a member for over 1-1/2yrs--looking in,but did not think i was good enough at poker to air my views--as most of you have been at poker a lot longer than myself/. Maybe some of you,are afraid of fresh competion,and want an edge--well good luck to you. I did not think i would have recieved the password from the Mods,as i had not done the reqiured posts---Thank You AvonGirl,---after recieving the pass.--it was my intension to play,and if i did happen to win any of your prizes--it would have been passed to the bubbleboy/girl--i hear you all sayin "yeah" I am also a member of Pocket5s forum and my sign in name is R1TCHIE--maybe you can look up a post there where i gave away a package to the APPT Auckland for zilch--p/stars kindly agreed to this transfer Once again thanks to the people who have faith in people,g/luck
I dunno what to say to this post Winsome...... Your NOT a new member, you just choose not to post very much. After a year and a half of being a member you average around 1 post every 2 weeks. I personally wanted you to play in this game as it may have spurred you on to post up a bit more, like you do on poketfives, but i can also understand some of the objections from regular contributors to the forum, who are active, as this tournaments is a thank you to them, so they think " why should a person who cant be bothered to post be able to play"

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll Possibly mate and maybe it's something us as poker mods should look at- When gaf(i think it was)put the rally call in gc for the trillion series we got non regular poker forum players interested and some played for us and it is a potential benefit for pl poker as a whole if we can get the same interest for the regular leagues:ok

just think what the forum could get if the approx 100 non regular poker players that have ticked their interest in the poll played the pokerkings' date='stan james,trillion and virgin games on a regular basis.[/quote']

just think what the forum could get if the approx 100 non regular poker players that have ticked their interest in the poll played the pokerkings' date='stan james,trillion and virgin games on a regular basis.[/quote'] What exactly could you get if us non regulars didn´t express an interest in playing these games occasionally???????

What exactly could you get if us non regulars didn´t express an interest in playing these games occasionally???????
ah but you do play on a regular basis,and at the moment there is the WSOP prize,there has been the Trillion $5000 freeroll for the forum which hopefully we will win and we get more seat than most forums for the Virgin Festivals and that is with approx 30 regular players,so if we had 100 regular players than the mods would have more clout to get even better prizes for us,yes?

Re: PuntersLounge & PaddyPower Christmas Freeroll I didn't vote for the password but after a very kind PM I recieved from gazza (thanks gazza :ok) I have registered for the tourney tommorow night. I certainly don't want to rock the boat with anyone and will unregister with no problems if anyone has issue with this. :) Otherwise I look forward to playing with you all and no doubt my chips will be up for easy taking as I'll be struggling to see the screen by the time the game begins. :beer

I didn't vote for the password but after a very kind PM I recieved from gazza (thanks gazza :ok) I have registered for the tourney tommorow night. I certainly don't want to rock the boat with anyone and will unregister with no problems if anyone has issue with this. :) Otherwise I look forward to playing with you all and no doubt my chips will be up for easy taking as I'll be struggling to see the screen by the time the game begins. :beer
no problem at all with you playing and i have no problem with winsome playing either,please dont take what was posted earlier the wrong way,i am in no way trying to deter anyone from the forum playing,the more the merrier imo,as long as it isnt the 1 posters that we get plagued with every now and then....it s good that there is so much interest in this game and it is all about the quantities of prizes on offer which is what i am trying to say,the more regular players we can get on a weekly basis the better the mods can put their case across in getting those prizes

ah but you do play on a regular basis' date='and at the moment there is the WSOP prize,there has been the Trillion $5000 freeroll for the forum which hopefully we will win and we get more seat than most forums for the Virgin Festivals and that is with approx 30 regular players,so if we had 100 regular players than the mods would have more clout to get even better prizes for us,yes?[/quote'] Sorry I didn´t mean that the way it came across. At the same time, Im not a regulalar player on 95% of the games you lot play on. When I have time, I´m going to write/start a thread on the different sites that you all use and give my opinion on them. :tongue2