** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November

Wednesday 26 November 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Anorthosis v Werder Bremen (19:45GMT) 3.003.252.16110.40 % Details »
Hide « Anorthosis v Werder Bremen
Atlético v PSV (19:45GMT) 1.454.509.00102.30 % Details »
Hide « Atlético v PSV
Bordeaux v Chelsea (19:45GMT) 5.303.451.82102.80 % Details »
Hide « Bordeaux v Chelsea
CFR Cluj v Roma (19:45GMT) 4.203.402.04102.24 % Details »
Hide « CFR Cluj v Roma
Inter v Panathinaikos (19:45GMT) 1.374.9012.50101.40 % Details »
Hide « Inter v Panathinaikos
Liverpool v Marseille (19:45GMT) 1.444.509.60102.08 % Details »
Hide « Liverpool v Marseille
Shakhtar v Basel (19:45GMT) 1.534.407.60101.24 % Details »
Hide « Shakhtar v Basel
Sporting v Barcelona (19:45GMT) 3.753.402.19101.74 % Details »
Hide « Sporting v Barcelona

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Anorthosis v Bremen Match of the year for anorthosis famagusta, or better, -now or never game- as ketsbaia said, Personally, as Apollon fan, and season ticket holder, i am not the happiest man on earth watching anorthosis winning in champions league however, no matter what i think, no matter what people thiniking, this team has the "unbeatable mentality" long time now,players will enter the pitch with the heart of lions, actually eleven lions will start the game, with only one purpose :to win the match Last saturday, i went to stadium here in Limassol to watch the game; anorthosis was here to play against apollon, we took the lead, but never passed from my mind, even for a single second, that we could beat anorthosis, finally we lost 1-2 that winning spirit i mentioned above, is obvious in every move of anorthosis players, and now is bremen, who? who is bremen guys? why the hell this unbalanced team is favourite here? i tell you why, because is a name, truly nothing else, nothing everybody has an idea what bremen is, including my self, i would never trust this umbalanced team to win any important match, impossible imo here in cyprus there are two scenarios in my mind Anorthosis to start the match with total agressive defence, and physical game- btw anorthosis players under ketsbaia are in top physical condition- and with passion and patient game to kill bremen by 1-0, which is enough for them to qualify for the last 16( i consider Inter's victory over panathinaikos as a 100% sure given) second scenario, is bremen to beat anorthosis by 2 or 3-0 i dont want to analyse the second scenario, obviously draw is excluded as option for me, just an unlucky soccer moment at the first twenty minutes, a free-kick, a penalty, or a terrible defence error by anorthosis defenders, may drive bremen to take the lead.... in this case everything is over... i invest on the first scenario Anorthosis @3 to beat Bremen good luck boys :dude

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Hello all, this is my first time on this beautyful forum, I hope it will be nice to exchange views and have fun. I am looking about Atletico Madrid @ 1.45 against PSV. Does anyone has infos if in general in Europe the odds of Atletico Madrid to win are growing up? I noticed that in Italy on Totosì tonight the odds grew up from 1.43 up to 1.47, I wonder why... PSV is performing pretty poor away from Eindhoven, even in Eresdivisie where they are able to win only matches at home it seems... plus Atletico must be angry after the draw that Numancia got just at the end of their last mast with a penalty kick, so they want to perform good again. I personally think that, unless I will get some infos about injuries or particular situations against Atletico, I will include the home team winning in some combos. Thanks in advance for any infos.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November

No chance WGS will probs play a 4-5-1 and try n nick a goal probs in the last couple of minutes as usual, the Danes will be wise to this and are great going forward and can score plenty of goals as previous Champions League games, as for McManus & Caldwell playing the best football of their lifes have to disagree there its like the blind leading the blind at the back with them two, both as bad as each other, just look at the way Argentina sliced the pair of them open last week, was an embarrasment Aalborg 1-0 Celtic 7.50 betfair
read this very interesting post in another forum and it looks like you found one of the nice "Value" bets (Aalborg AH +0,25): Therefore in CL now is the crucial stage. Select your teams based on below : 1) Who needs the points badly? 2) Is this team at Home? 3) Are there negative remarks in the news or the net about this team? 4) Is this team giving odds to a higher rank team? So the selected team is that NEEDS THE POINTS, AT HOME, HAS NEGATIVE REMARKS IN THE NEWS and GIVING ODDS. You can not lose if you choose the team in the above situation. But final decision is also made based on the odds. SO THINK OPPOSITE!!! and let us learn from mistakes. I see other matches, which "fit" into this system: Famagusta AH+0,5 @ 1,90 Sporting AH+0,5 @ 1,75 CFR Cluj AH+0,5 @ 2,00 placed small stakes on straight HWs and medium stakes on Asian HC :hope

read this very interesting post in another forum and it looks like you found one of the nice "Value" bets (Aalborg AH +0' date=25): Therefore in CL now is the crucial stage. Select your teams based on below : 1) Who needs the points badly? 2) Is this team at Home? 3) Are there negative remarks in the news or the net about this team? 4) Is this team giving odds to a higher rank team? So the selected team is that NEEDS THE POINTS, AT HOME, HAS NEGATIVE REMARKS IN THE NEWS and GIVING ODDS. You can not lose if you choose the team in the above situation. But final decision is also made based on the odds. SO THINK OPPOSITE!!! and let us learn from mistakes. I see other matches, which "fit" into this system: Famagusta AH+0,5 @ 1,90 Sporting AH+0,5 @ 1,75 CFR Cluj AH+0,5 @ 2,00 placed small stakes on straight HWs and medium stakes on Asian HC :hope
Sporting do not need the points, they've already qualified for the next round. I don't understand when you say "Giving odds" and negative remarks in the news? Now I think you are over analyzing the situation. As far as Cluj are concern I'm going to take a nip at Roma. More quality and experience amongst them. We cannot look at their Serie A form and compare because the quality level is different. I feel Roma are finally starting to wake up and could really make a push for the second round now. I'd have to check the line ups though to see if there are any sort of injuries or suspensions

Giving odds means "plus" odds like AH +0,5 or +0,75 ;) Sporting is a good play imo, cos Barca is also in next stage, they will field second team for sure
If that's certain, than Zenith will grab easily 3 points tonight - Juve will also field a team with max 4-5 regulars... Sporting won't go forward big time, imo they will come out for a draw, and judging by a couple of their games I've seen, it is very probable they will get it. In other words - a good choice, will see how am I doing tonight, and will probably follow... Good luck

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November I see the Zenit-Juve match opposite of your choice as a X2, but GL mate :cheers One Game stands out for me @ wednesday schedule: Atletico Madrid at home against struggling PSV, especially away from home. Game will be played without any supporters in stadium, due to UEFA sanctions imposed on Atletico! Atletico already won away in Eindhoven with 3:0, and are a strong home team. It's just gut feeling, I have to wait to see which players will be fielded on both sides and any new team news, but I strongly lean towards Atletico -1 ;)

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Tomorrow I won't be home in time to bet, so I did it tonight. I know it is not so good because I can't look at latest news... but let's try the same. (I did all bets on totosi.it) Bet 1: 30€ on Anorthosis- Werder Bremen 1 @ 3.35 Atletico Madrid- PSV Eindhoven 1 @ 1.47 return: 147.74€ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/LuigItaliano2/26_11_1.jpg About Anorthosis I simply think that they will run fast to make their qualyfication dream becoming true and that the support of the home fans will be so great to eventually "scare" Werder. Home win @ 3.35 is worth of the hazard in my opinion. About Atletico, I just think that they are a better team than PSV, and as I said in my previous post, PSV suffers away matches even in their home league this year. So let's go for home win @ 1.47. (I would not have bet this home win if the odds were anything lower than 1.40~ish anyway) Bet 2: 10€ on Cluj- AS Roma 1 @ 4.00 Atletico Madrid- PSV Eindhoven 1 1.47 return: 58.8€ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/LuigItaliano2/26_11_2.jpg I have read today on local newspapers of Rome city some words by Totti: he said more or less that he claims to have the "merit" of "making Roma performing better and winning now", and the he was the one who suggested to the coach Spalletti to change the tactics that let Roma win last 2 matches in Serie A. Also various newspapers of Roma are attacking somewhat Spalletti, indicating him to be the responsible of previous troubles of the team. I find personally this somewhat arrogant by Totti, as usual I would add, and that this certainly won't help Roma performing well in Cluj. It is my personal experience that AS Roma, when it is the big time to show up to be really strong, usually fails such attemps. So I went for Cluj home win @ 4.0 that is a very good odd. Probably if the odds were lower I wouldn't have choosen this, but well... now it is done. I hope I am not too much biased "anti-Roma" in my opinions, but well, I start feeling their "sport-arrogance" around again. Just my humble opinion. I wish good luck to anyone! :)

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Bordeaux vs Chelsea Drawing 0-0 to Newcastle at home can be be seen as another slip up in the race for the premiership title luckily the other competitors didnt do too wel either. As a chelsea fan i've watched Chelsea win week after week but come across bumps where they've disappointed and this has occured before e.g. winning 3 in 3 before losing to Liverpool and then 2 in 2 before losing to Roma. Again it looked like they were back on track beating West Brom 3-0 before the Newcastle game. How many times can they keep slipping up and returning to form? This game does not look like a convincing win for Chelsea For me this game is very important as Chelsea could go through a dip in form or let this game be a kick start to another good run and eventually come to another hault where they draw or lose. The players did look a little tired on Saturday following the international break and travelling away in the Champions League isn't benefiting them - so i wouldn't expect Chelsea to win with a 4-0 score line just like the first time round vs Bordeaux. On Saturday Chelsea had 9 shots on target and still failed to score. Shay Given (newcastles goalkeeper) played a big part in keeping that Goalless and to hear Bordeaux's 1st choice keeper is out injured, should mean Chelsea should score atleast once as long as they attack like Saturday but still shouldn't score too many. More than likely press forward and try to score in the 1st half and take the foot of the gas in the 2nd half especially with an important game against Arsenal on Sunday. And if you look at earlier tonight Arsenal only managed 1 goal and Man utd scored no goals 2 games in a row - so maybe tiredness is an important factor. Consider Chelsea's form in the Premiership they've won all their away games, but drew 1 away game in the CL and lost the other to Roma. So their form is definately off putting in backing them to win the match. But Scolari feels teams are more open when they play at home which is good for Chelsea's game to pick out the gaps and play their way through - consider Bordeaux will want a result to qualify you may expect them to attack a bit more. And even if they do attack more Chelsea have conceded 4 goals in their 10 away games, so may not look like scoring at all unless they make errors like against Roma. Bordeaux's home form is decent, winning 7, drawing 3 (including last match) and losing once to Roma. Considering their toughest opponents at home were to Roma and Marseille which they drew, even though they havent played the bigger sides too much they havent done that well so far. So to sum up. Chelsea's away form domestically is brilliant, Europe-wise poorly. Bordeaux home form is good but against good sides not that great. Chelsea obviously have more quality, with Deco out Ballack has a chance to play and Drogba is an option which they didnt have on the weekend. Tiredness is a factor to take into account. And even though Scolari wants his team to repeat the 4-0 thrashing of Bordeaux he still acknowledges if they dont win they certainly have a chance against Cluj in the last game. I won't be taking a chance with a Chelsea win, even though i feel fairly confident if you want to take a risk go for the win but under 2.5 goals seems more realistic from my point of view but i'm open to be wrong.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November some info on the game :SPORTING vs BARCELONA. Sporting will be missing 4 regulars tomorrow and they are going to patch up the defense due to these injuries.Sporting will be relying on Brazilian striking duo Liedson and Derlei to carry the attack.Does Anyone have an opinion about this attacking force??? On the other side barca will be without puyol and yaya toure as they will be rested.iniesta is still out injured and it is not sure if messi will play or not.most likely he will not play because they all ready qualified so I think he will be rested as well. This looks more like a draw to me . INTER MILAN vs PANATHINAIKOS Inter news: Patrick Vieira is definitely out of the clash as is Cristian Chivu and Luis Antonio Jimenez. Panathinaikos will be without the injured Bryce Moon but Vangelis Mantzios should return against Inter, while Cleyton remains a doubt. With a win inter secure a place in the next round but Panathinaikos still has a chance if they get something out of this game as they face Anorthosis in the last game I see a draw in this game also or 1X LIVERPOOL vs MARSEILLE Gerrard will be fit to play against marseille .liverpool with steven gerrard is a homewin for me. more news and opinions are welcome :clap :cheers

Liverpool v Marseille (19:45GMT) 1.444.509.60102.08 % Details »
First of all, let's welcome Steven Gerrard back after suffering a groin muscle tear and missing against a draw game against Fulham. He is finally back to training and will probably make a difference against Marseille. But he may not be risked for the full 90 minutes so how much difference will he make? Let's take a look at the group table. A win over Marseille will secure qualification from Group D into the last 16, and if PSV Eindhoven fail to beat Atletico Madrid, Liverpool will qualify anyway. Do you expect A.Madrid to draw or lose at home against PSV? Definitely not. So there is no way Liverpool is gonna qualify that way. Liverpool jolly well know that they have to steal 3 points in order to move on and they will attacking in all manner especially home advantage. But I'm expecting liverpool to score only 1 goal and defend throughout. In this manner, they will definitely get their 3 points. Marseille next game will be playing at home and they will entertain their vistor, Alt. Madrid. A good time to steal points. They will be happy enough to hold liverpool and getting 1 point at least. Now if you remember Arsenal only scored 1 @ 85mins and Man utd Drew against Villareal. This show the tiredness is affecting the English team. How much can they perform? Chelsea will be playing against Arsenal this saturday. This is a good chance for Chelsea to slip their title run again. Liverpool chance is definitely here, will they lose the chance or rest key player (Gerrard) for title race? I'm pretty sure Liverpool will win by 1 goal, but 2 goal? Far from possible. Thus I'm going for Marseille +1.25 or +1.5.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Bordeaux - Chelsea under 2.5 Bordeaux are one point behind Chelsea in this group in which all four teams still have a chance of qualifying. Both sides will be cautious so as not to give the other side any opportunities to take the lead and then give them the three points. If one of these sides do score, then rest assured they will defend for the rest of the game to preserve their lead. Chelsea may come into this game a bit overconfident after beating Bordeaux 4-0 at home, and their away form in the CL is a loss and a draw, so they are as dominant as they appear to be. Roma Cluj have 4 points while Roma has 6 points and both teams will be looking for the 3 points here. However after their shock win over Roma away 2-1 and a home draw with Cheslea, Cluj have come back to earth with back to back losses to Bordeaux. Roma seem to have their confidence back with a very good 3-1 home win over Chelsea. They will be looking to get revenge on Cluj for beating them at home. While Roma have been playing better and Cluj's form has dipped as they try to manage playing both domestically and in the CL, the more experienced and talented players Roma has should see them gain a valuable 3 points. Inter Milan - Panathinaikos over 2.5 Inter will look to win this game to ensure passage into the next round and will come into this game with confidence after their win over Juve on the weekend. However they shouldn't underestimate Panathinaikos who have gone over in their last 3 CL games, as they have scored in each game. A win for them will give them a great chance of qualifying for the next phase but they will need to play better if they are to reverse the 2-0 home loss they suffered against Inter. Inter should win this but Panathinaikos will make them work for it. Anorthosis Famagusta - Werder Bremen over 2.5 Both teams need a win here and the three points to improve their chances if qualification. Anorthosis has gone over in both of their home games in this CL group matches while Bremen have scored and conceded in both away games. Both teams like to play a more expansive game so goals should be scored in this tie as bith teams need a win. Sporting Lisbon - Barcelona under 2.5 Both teams have qualified for the next round so there will be no need for much intensity in this game. You would expect some of the players from both sides to be rested. Messi may be rested with some tough games in the Primera Liga coming up and Barca have tended to struggle when he doesn't play. Sporting have not conceded in their last 3 CL games including their last 2 games at home while Barcelona have also been playing well defensively, so this could see a low scoring game. Shaktar Donetsk - Basel under 2.5 While 3rd place and qualificxation for UEFA Cup is up grabs between these two teams, both are not coming into this game with a great deal of form, and this could fizzle out ot a low scoring game. Shaktar have gone under in their last 2 CL games where they were uable toscore a goal but conceded a goal on both occasions to Sporting Lisbon while Basel have gone under in their last 2 CL away games as they have scored only 1 goal in their last 3 CL games. Athletico Madrid - PSV over 2.5 Athletico have scored and conceded in each of thier last 3 CL games as they look to get just the one point to gain qualification to the next round. However they meet PSV who need to get a miminum of one point as they vie with Marseille for UEFA Cup entry. PSV Have allowd teams to score at least 3 goals in 3 of their 4 CL games which included Athletico's 3-0 away win over them. While Athletico are the obvous favcourites, PSV on their day can cause pelnty of problems and are always good chance of getting at least one goal Liverpool - Marseille over 2.5 Liverpool have scored and conceded in each of their last 4 CL games while Marseille have gone over in 3 of their last 4 CL games. Whiel Liverpool only require a point they will still go all out for the win considering that they want to finish first in thier group. They have already beaten Marseille 2-1 away but need to be careful they don't suffer another 1-0 loss at home like they did last year to them. Both teams are capable of scoring on each other and this should be an entertaining game.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Without doubt, Steven Gerrard is the heart and soul of Liverpool. He gives that little extra in creative areas and that showed against Fulham in the EPL last weekend. As long as Athletico do not lose, a point should be enough for Liverpool. But I feel Liverpool will come out with good momentum tonight.

We were analysing why it happened [Draw with Fulham in the EPL on Saturday' date= 22nd] and we know we have to improve. There was a lack of intensity and we have to change this."
It will be interesting to see what squad OM have available...
Thigh injuries may also rule out defender Elamin Erbate and midfielder Modeste M'Bami' date=' although Karim Ziani should rejoin Marseille's midfield following a groin injury, while defender Julien Rodriguez is available again after a long-term ankle problem but is short of match fitness.[/quote'] One thing that seems to be a positive for Liverpool is that OM need a result. Liverpool often have problems when teams come to Anfield and "park the bus" so to speak. However, bare in mind even though OM need a win, OM coach Eric Gerets suggests there will be a some caution and a need to, at least, stay in the game.

Bordeaux - Chelsea under 2.5 Bordeaux are one point behind Chelsea in this group in which all four teams still have a chance of qualifying. Both sides will be cautious so as not to give the other side any opportunities to take the lead and then give them the three points. If one of these sides do score, then rest assured they will defend for the rest of the game to preserve their lead. Chelsea may come into this game a bit overconfident after beating Bordeaux 4-0 at home, and their away form in the CL is a loss and a draw, so they are as dominant as they appear to be. Roma Cluj have 4 points while Roma has 6 points and both teams will be looking for the 3 points here. However after their shock win over Roma away 2-1 and a home draw with Cheslea, Cluj have come back to earth with back to back losses to Bordeaux. Roma seem to have their confidence back with a very good 3-1 home win over Chelsea. They will be looking to get revenge on Cluj for beating them at home. While Roma have been playing better and Cluj's form has dipped as they try to manage playing both domestically and in the CL, the more experienced and talented players Roma has should see them gain a valuable 3 points. Inter Milan - Panathinaikos over 2.5 Inter will look to win this game to ensure passage into the next round and will come into this game with confidence after their win over Juve on the weekend. However they shouldn't underestimate Panathinaikos who have gone over in their last 3 CL games, as they have scored in each game. A win for them will give them a great chance of qualifying for the next phase but they will need to play better if they are to reverse the 2-0 home loss they suffered against Inter. Inter should win this but Panathinaikos will make them work for it. Anorthosis Famagusta - Werder Bremen over 2.5 Both teams need a win here and the three points to improve their chances if qualification. Anorthosis has gone over in both of their home games in this CL group matches while Bremen have scored and conceded in both away games. Both teams like to play a more expansive game so goals should be scored in this tie as bith teams need a win. Sporting Lisbon - Barcelona under 2.5 Both teams have qualified for the next round so there will be no need for much intensity in this game. You would expect some of the players from both sides to be rested. Messi may be rested with some tough games in the Primera Liga coming up and Barca have tended to struggle when he doesn't play. Sporting have not conceded in their last 3 CL games including their last 2 games at home while Barcelona have also been playing well defensively, so this could see a low scoring game. Shaktar Donetsk - Basel under 2.5 While 3rd place and qualificxation for UEFA Cup is up grabs between these two teams, both are not coming into this game with a great deal of form, and this could fizzle out ot a low scoring game. Shaktar have gone under in their last 2 CL games where they were uable toscore a goal but conceded a goal on both occasions to Sporting Lisbon while Basel have gone under in their last 2 CL away games as they have scored only 1 goal in their last 3 CL games. Athletico Madrid - PSV over 2.5 Athletico have scored and conceded in each of thier last 3 CL games as they look to get just the one point to gain qualification to the next round. However they meet PSV who need to get a miminum of one point as they vie with Marseille for UEFA Cup entry. PSV Have allowd teams to score at least 3 goals in 3 of their 4 CL games which included Athletico's 3-0 away win over them. While Athletico are the obvous favcourites, PSV on their day can cause pelnty of problems and are always good chance of getting at least one goal Liverpool - Marseille over 2.5 Liverpool have scored and conceded in each of their last 4 CL games while Marseille have gone over in 3 of their last 4 CL games. Whiel Liverpool only require a point they will still go all out for the win considering that they want to finish first in thier group. They have already beaten Marseille 2-1 away but need to be careful they don't suffer another 1-0 loss at home like they did last year to them. Both teams are capable of scoring on each other and this should be an entertaining game.
Alright fella, After seeing your winning bets last night I am interested as to how you place these bets..? Do you just do singles.?

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Team news Chelsea: Juliano Belletti, Alex and Franco Di Santo were the latest three names added to the ever-increasing Chelsea injury list, and they join Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho on the sidelines. Deco is suspended after receiving his marching orders against Roma last time out. Team news Bordeaux: Mathieu Valverde is set to start in goal for the hosts despite a calamitous error against Rennes at the weekend, as Ulrich Ramé has yet to shake off an adductor muscle problem. Jussie is still out with a hamstring strain, while Pierre Ducasse, Henrique and Henri Saivet are not yet fit. Probable Line Up: Chelsea: Cech - Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, A Cole - Mikel, Ballack, Lampard - J Cole, Malouda, Anelka Bordeaux: Valverde - Chalmé, Jurietti, Diawara, Planus - Diarra, Fernando, Gourcuff, Wendel, Obertan - Chamakh Both teams want to win,so you can read in all forums people think it will be a match with many goals. But I think teams are not armed enough to make goals or Chelsea sure wins. Chelsea is without some of his offensive power options, even if Ballack plays. They will play against Arsenal at home in 4 days, and I'm sure for players and staff this match is much more important,they have to show better performance in front of home supporters, just because of their goalless match against NC. Bordeaux showed lack of form recently after good form in Sep and Oct. They are not a scoring mashine in CL, only 4 goals in 4 matches. For me this match is something similar to circumstances around Chelsea's away match @ Cluj, which had a boring 0:0 as result. If Chelsea scores, they will defend it until end, narrow 1:0 Chelsea win or Draw is most likely result here. If Roma wins his Cluj match today and Chelsea fails to deliver, you should consider Chelsea HW against Cluj as a very predictable result. IMO this match is a typical Under game, could even end 0:0. Interwetten offers 1,75 for under 2,5 goals, good enough for me :D

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Does anyone think Inter will draw if they score first goal? Ricardo Quaresma first goalscorer? Maybe it will come lose for him tonight? It's likely Quaresma plays from start I was given a scorecast freebet of 10 euro on Sportingbet yesterday on this game. Quaresma, first goal and Inter to win 3-0 72.00 or without freebet 51.00 or 46.00 @bet365 Midfielders: 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Sulley Muntari, 33 Amantino Mancini, 77 Ricardo Quaresma. I think Inter is superior enough on the flanks where we find this player Quaresma and make Cates team unable to hang on with their opponents speed. Mourinho is missing for Inter though and that's a big blow but I think they will be alright anyway and play like they did against Juve. Reports say Mourinho might be available on the sidelines though. Zanetti, Muntari, Stankovic, Cambiasso all played at the weekend so three of them might rest this match and then give Quaresma some space in this game. Space is what Quaresma needs because that's when he scores and I hope he get the space he needs now. Quaresmas speed can be or is to hard to handle for Pana. Zlatan have been excellent but he was not at his best this weekend.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Sporting Lisbon – Barcelona: Draw @ 3.40 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 This game is similar to the Villareal – Man U match on Tuesday. Both teams have a commanding lead in positions 1 & 2 from positions 3 & 4. A draw result assures both of them qualifying in the next round so I don't think either of them will risk much tonight. Barcelona is the better team and would like to clinch first place, but going through without any worries in the last round is probably a priority. Sporting will be glad to qualify even as the second team. Cluj – Roma: Roma Win @ 1.90 (Betdirect) 10/10 Roma have rebounded from their early season stumbling and have gained some form both in Italy and in the CL. Player for player they are clearly better with a lot more experience in this competition. A win tonight against an inherently inferior side puts them in the driver's seat for qualification to the next round. The odds are not the greatest, but I think they reflect the expectations and difference in quality. Anorthosis – Werder Bremen: Werder Win @ 2.10 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 I must admit that the odds for Anorthosis' home win are tempting especially given their sound performance so far in the CL. Werder has not been that reliable either in Germany or in the CL thus far. However, imo the German side has a better quality roster and is more experienced in CL competitions. I think the pressure will work against the home side tonight. A Werder win tonight is bound to shake things up in this tight group and I think they have the better quality, experience and composure to defeat the upstart side from Cyprus.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November CFR Cluj v Roma I am also on the Roma bandwagon tonight, Cluj actually beat Roma in the Stadio Olimpico which was a bit of a upset however since then Roma have improved with wins at Bordeaux and at home to Chelsea, They are also going quite well in Serie A. Cluj aren't doing well domestically and they sit bottom now of Group A, Roma will want the 3 points here to ensure they progress to the knockout phase, 0-2 1-3. Roma -1 Handicap @ 3/1 bet365

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November I took two combos Roma and At.Madrid win Chelsea and Liverpool win Even though CHL matches are unpredictable and sometimes bring up strange results I think the 4 of them need desperately full points today. Roma seeking for revenge, Chlesea want to restart the positive streak, Liv'pool and Atletico are on a head to head for the first place so they both qualify tonight by winning and in matchday 6 they decide the first place.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Bordeaux vs Chelsea Chelsea know that they must get a win tonight to make sure they don't put themselves in un-needed pressure. Scolari and his players know they could do with a confident booster after a 0-0 draw with Newcastle at the Bridge and will want to take a win going into there weekend game with Arsenal. I expect a close game here, maybe 0-1 or 1-2. Inter Milan vs Panathanikos A point here will see Inter Milan qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League, But Inter will see this as a must win because the want to top the group so the avoid one of the big hitters in the next round. Qualification is still a possibility for Panathaniakos but they are very inferior players to Mourinho's men. With Inter being at the San Siro I can see Inter winning comfortably here, 1-0 or 2-0. Chelsea @ 4/5. £80 Staked, Potential Return £144.00 Inter Milan and Chelsea double. £50 staked, Potential Return £120.

Re: Champions league - Matchday 5 - Wednesday 26th November Marseille got nothing to loose in this match coming at Anfield for hoping take 3 point and need PSV to make a result too.Very hard scenario for qualification almost sure they play for UEFA cup now.The fact that make suprise last year proove that nothing is impossible here and first 15 min will be very hard for OM if Reds decide to keep the ball and play their short pass football .With class player like Gedrard Keane Torres &co. Marseille defence will clearly suffer and a quick goal is expected .But Marseille with their offencive army can make trouble in Reds defence and i don't think Reina will keep a clean sheet tonight . probable team for tonight : Reina - Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Dossena - Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt - Torres, Keane Mandanda - Bonnart, Zubar, Hilton, Taiwo - Cana, Be. Cheyrou - Ziani, Ben Arfa, Zenden (ou Koné) - Niang My pick for tonight all with medium stake Over 2.5 @ 1.95 bet365 Goal before 30th @ 2.00 interwetten Marseille to score @ 1.8 interwetten My call : 2-1 Gl all :hope