Hatton V Mallignagi

Not really had time to formulate some proper thoughts on this, or check the odds out. I think this could be the fight where Hatton comes unstuck though and I think I'll probably oppose him. Despite winning last time out he looked very unimpressive and tired, and was so beat up you could have mistaken him for the loser. Will post something in a bit more detail tommorow.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi Paul, to be fair to Hatton he had just tasted defeat for the 1st time and this probably affected him in some ways. Saying this, I don't think he was gunshy and although he took punishment he showed he can still take a punch. Not that this should be a problem against the light punching Malignaggi. I think it's a tough one to call but I can't see Hatton being knocked out. Malignaggi has few KOs on his record (2 in last 23 fights), but has shown a pretty good chin, eg against Cotto when he was cut to sh*t and survived being dropped. He can obviously go the distance. If you are thinking of backing Malignaggi then 4.4 @ Betfair on him on points looks a good price. For what its worth, Colin Hart agrees..!.. “He boasts about the huge quantities of alcohol he consumes between fights, plus the junk food he eats. It means he blows up 40 to 50 pounds over his fighting weight whether it’s at 140 or 147 pounds. At his age, you can’t keep that lifestyle and get away with it. He is an old 30, which is why I believe Malignaggi will beat him on decision. He will be too young, too fit, and too fast for Hatton.” We've heard all of this before though, and the British are notoriously famous for bashing their most successful sportsmen (Calzaghe) and quick to predict their downfall. Hatton is quality, you don't beat Kosta Tsyzu, Collazo, Castillo et al by being average. Malignaggi doesn't have any real 'big name' wins on his record like Ricky does, he hasn't been tested much against top class opponents, bar the bruising by Cotto. Also, by all accounts he had a tough time with Ngoudjo in Jan and in his 2nd bout with N'dou he was seriously troubled but ended up with a split decision. (I don't buy that hair shite either because Ndou won more rounds when Malignaggi could see!) Hatton did show signs of wear and tear in his last fight but his history proves his class and puts me off backing Malignaggi. Probably won't have a bet but Malignaggi on points seems a decent option at that price for those that think he'll win.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi I more or less agree with everything you've said there pete. I see Malignaggi as a value bet more than anything, especially at 4.4 to win on points. I think where I'm coming from is that Hatton looked very tired in the second half of the Lazcano fight and shipped a lot of punches against what was a very mediocre opponent. For a fighter who has always relied on pressure and workrate that has to be a bad sign. Hatton WAS class no doubt, but as I've said on here previously - just how much did Mayweather take out of him? It was the pinnacle of his career, he trained harder than he'll ever train again and was wound up so tight you could feel it over the internet. IMHO I don't think he'll ever find that level of motivation and will again. To lose after all that must kill something inside a fighter, to come face to face with your limitations. I honestly think Hatton's on borrowed time as a world class operator and Malignaggi is good enough to trouble him with fitness and workrate. I'm shying away from backing him after Hatton has been working with Mayweather Sr. He might show just how good he is and prove that he still is world class and can still adapt his style and pull something out. For me though Malignaggi is the value bet here.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi Hatton all the way for me. Dont rate Paulie at all, thought he was beat by Ndou last time out in Manchester getting an iffy decision, just dont see him troubling Hatton at all, I'd have Hatton heavy odds for this and think he is a standout bet at anything above 1/3 :unsure

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi

Hatton is quality' date=' you don't beat Kosta Tsyzu, Collazo, Castillo et al by being average. [/quote'] He beat Tszyu who had fought less than 3 rounds in 18 months, and subsequently retired. Then he beat Maussa, who has since lost 2 from 2. He lost to Collazo, but the judges gave him the decision. Urango was no world beater, and Castillo a lightweight many years past his best. I'm a Hatton fan, but Malignaggi is right that he's not as good as his record suggests.

Dont rate Paulie at all, thought he was beat by Ndou last time out in Manchester getting an iffy decision, just dont see him troubling Hatton at all, I'd have Hatton heavy odds for this and think he is a standout bet at anything above 1/3 :unsure
I'm assuming it's going to go to points, whoever wins. Betfred are offering 1.36 to go the distance. Max bet for me on that.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi Big boxing fan myself and love the Hatton man, but I feel this is far from a formality. Value is definetely with Mallignagi. Hatton is very one dimensional and will throw the kitchen sink at this one. I'd love to see him do it but from a betting perspective I would only slightly favour Hatton. I think Hatton has more punching power but Mallignagi has shown in the past he can take them and dish out some of his own. Mallignagi is the younger of the two and I think Hatton will come out roaring at the start but I expect by round 4/5 Mallignagi will have weathered the storm and will start to dominate as he in my opinion has superior stamina. I think it will be a close affair with Hatton dominating the early rounds and Mallignagi the later. Points decision and I recommend no bet. If I had to have a bet it would be either a points win for Mallignagi at a very reasonable price or a Hatton KO in the early rounds.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi I think Hatton will stop Mallignagi. Just a word on the Prizefighter competition, Joe Rae's trainer (John Breen) believes his man has a fair good chance of wining outright. Rae is 11/1 with Bet 365, he is 7/4 for his quarter final with the favorite Murray. If he wins that bout he will be favorite for sure.

I think Hatton will stop Mallignagi.
I've heard a few people say this. I just don't see anything in either fighter's records or recent performances that says Hatton can stop him. What's your reasoning behind thinking Hatton can finish him inside the distance?

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi Look at the Hatton-Costa Pszyu fight, late as it was Hatton stopped one of the best fighters at this weight. Any chance he had of stopping Mayweather was spoiled by the referee. Mallignagi wont stop Hatton and Hatton will be in his face from the off. Rickey Hatton pocesses the physical ammo to floor this guy 31 stoppages in 43 fights lends ballast to the argument. Buy some of the advertising space on the soles of Mallignagi's boots and cash in!

Look at the Hatton-Costa Pszyu fight' date=' late as it was Hatton stopped one of the best fighters at this weight. Any chance he had of stopping Mayweather was spoiled by the referee. Mallignagi wont stop Hatton and Hatton will be in his face from the off. Rickey Hatton pocesses the physical ammo to floor this guy 31 stoppages in 43 fights lends ballast to the argument. Buy some of the advertising space on the soles of Mallignagi's boots and cash in![/quote'] Nah, not having that. Mallignagi took the kind of pasting off Cotto that Hatton could only dream about handing out, and still went the distance. He might not be able to bang, but he can take a punch, that's for sure. The only way Hatton could stop this fight is by coming on like a freight train in the final third and exhausting Mallignagi. I think that Hatton's long gone though. Hatton had no chance of stopping Mayweather, he went after him and suffered the same fate as every other fighter that decided the way to beat Mayweather was to get after him. Tzsyu was an old man who was semi-retired by the time he got stopped by Hatton and Castillo was never even at the races. All the people that Hatton has stopped have a history of being stopped. This is almost certain to go the distance IMHO. Good luck with your bet though and :welcome

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi I think it was areally good decision by The Trainer to pull him out as there was no way on earth he could have won as he didn't posess any knockout power. I expect Paulie will calm down after acouple of days and respect what his trainer did.

Re: Hatton V Mallignagi I could sort of see it from both ways, If i was Paulie I would have wanted to finish it, its a proud record to have never been stopped and like he said, he was worse when Cotto was beating up on him. I understand the corner as well though, I dont think Jeff Lacy ever got over the beating JC gave him when the corner should have pulled him out and they probably didnt want to take that risk with Paulie.

I could sort of see it from both ways, If i was Paulie I would have wanted to finish it, its a proud record to have never been stopped and like he said, he was worse when Cotto was beating up on him. I understand the corner as well though, I dont think Jeff Lacy ever got over the beating JC gave him when the corner should have pulled him out and they probably didnt want to take that risk with Paulie.
I can see why he was upset but his trainer warned him in the corner before that round began. He clearly told him he was doing nothing in there and if he didn't start boxing he'd pull him out. 40 seconds later he did :lol.