** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Am I Getting Too Committed With This Over Pair?

Punto Banco

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Am I Getting Too Committed With This Over Pair?

As the discussion was between WCISAFD' date=' Blatch and G2L ... [sorry Blatch I can't shorten your name to an acronym :tongue2'] ... and neither Blatch or G2L seemed to have a problem with the way it was going, surely they should just be left to discuss it?
Exactly, a discussion is better than most threads in strat get. People post 'call/fold' (delete as applicable) and then drift off into the night. When im discussing things i type quickly because im trying to write stuff as I think of things (ie. i dont vet it to make sure it wont offend people :unsure), people just take it the wrong way, meh.

Re: Am I Getting Too Committed With This Over Pair? I just wish you would slow down then. You have already stopped one of the highest stakes cash players in the UK discussing his strat in here because you rubbished his thinking and then accused him of having a 'god complex' and to be honest I miss his discussion but I am lucky I have the boring git on the phone every other day but improving players on here who may benefit from him don't. B'tch and G2L are another asset to the forum and I think you should listen rather than dictate.

I just wish you would slow down then. You have already stopped one of the highest stakes cash players in the UK discussing his strat in here because you rubbished his thinking and then accused him of having a 'god complex' and to be honest I miss his discussion but I am lucky I have the boring git on the phone every other day but improving players on here who may benefit from him don't. B'tch and G2L are another asset to the forum and I think you should listen rather than dictate.
My only problem with the mole was that he was telling me how my games played and it simply wasnt true, if what I said stopped him posting in strat then i regret it, but its a pretty feeble reason not to post. If only there were people to listen to: Most threads, like ive said lots of times, are full of one word answers and some times I feel like Im the only one who puts any effort in at all (have a look back at some of punto bancos threads). Again with regards to the mole thread - I started nothing, me and Nade posted what we thought then the mole (out of no where)
Dog and nade suggest betting less on the river and if raised fold, my god i think this is bonkers, the only hands he is probably losing to is 66 or A6 ( if you follow the story of the hand) , If i played as you suggest i would be folding the best hand often. If this is the way you play (abc) you must find it tough to win, i would love to be at the same table as you guys as i would be taking most the pots off you (with shit) a simple raise and you fold 2 pair ideal.
I dont care if he knows hes right, this is just disrespectful bragging bullshit imo. He got a bee in his bonnet because two people disagreed with him and he launched a verbal attack. I dont really know how I get blamed for that tbh. It might sound a bit like a 'he started it', but im not gonna back down, i dont care if hes nelson mandela, if he starts on me he will get it back.

because you rubbished his thinking
25/50 /= .25/.50 People lose shit loads of money trying to play like 'a guy they saw on telly' at 50nl. Imo the mole was wrong, I said so, he had a go, i had a go back etc - i get moaned at (see a recurring theme). I know even though you will read it, you wont be able to see it my way because you and him are like BFFs or summin but as ever when someone quotes me i thought 'meh oh well ill try'

Re: Am I Getting Too Committed With This Over Pair? I've locked this thread on a short term basis to give everyone time to take a deep breath and have a cup of tea. Getting a bit over heated, will reopen later tonight or in the morning.

Re: I can't reply Dogs as AJ has a god complex I was just going post that Mole has played at thoses stakes so knows exactly what he's talking about. I met the guy for the first time this weekend and the guy has no ego issues what so ever. I discussed certain hands with him and he just gave his opinion. None of this "look at me I'm a big cash player you know fcuk all son".

Re: I can't reply Dogs as AJ has a god complex this will be locked for sure but think what you want but IMO if you make hero calls like he was suggesting at microstakes your winrate goes through the floor and down into china. I dont know what it was like when you played them but IMO mole's analysis was wrong, and id tell him that even if his name was Phillip D. Ivey. He started the slangin match, not me.

Re: Am I Getting Too Committed With This Over Pair? Well this all seems to have taken off a bit lol Sadly I wasnt around when the other guys were involved but I didnt take offence to what was said earlier. Saying that I could see how some may take it the wrong way. Cant we all move on and see what happpens going fwd?

B'tch and G2L are another asset to the forum and I think you should listen rather than dictate.
Great, he gets G2l and I get B'tch which everyone is going put an I in :@ George is gonna post round here now thinking he is kewl lol :dude