Southwell 14/11/08

12.10 12.10?! That's too early for racing isn't it? Still I'll make the effort as there isn't a lot else that takes my fancy at Southwell tomorrow. Kirkie was one of my rare recent bets last Friday. Showed decent form on his first three starts earlier this year (all on dirt) before disappointing on his next two starts on grass. He was then ridiculously tried over 12f and 14f on his next two starts (best form at that time was over 6f!) and obviosuly ran no race. He took my eye LTO though back on the dirt and back to a more suitable trip (7f). It was a speculative bet obviously, I just thought the yard may've been....best I leave it there. Anyway he ran a cracker at 50s and was just touched off into 2nd. Again off 60, on the book he has a massive chance of going one better in this. Note I said "on the book". Not sure the best way to explain this on a public forum - lets just say the horse has two ways of running. I'll be monitoring the market as a guide more than I would normally. ;) I'll take a chance as I'm certain there is a race in him at this sort of trip. No surprise to see Betteras Bertie run well again off this low mark of 50. Goes well here and is in good form. I've backed Mrs Bun on her previous three handicap runs believing her mark of 50 was well with her capabilities. There looked to be something amiss on her handicap debut and she was off the course for a while after. Ran well on comeback here last month but ran shocking LTO on heavy (even taking into account the trip was too sharp). Her maiden form puts here in with a big shout and this trip of 7f will suit her more. Mrs Bun 40% of stake Kirkie 40% of stake Betteras Bertie 20% of stake

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.