Long Time No Post

Well it's been about 6 weeks or so since I last posted - and it's been quite an eventful time, and there were a few reasons for the absence! I was quite ill for a good three weeks as a lot of you know - it was a case of thinking I was over it, going out and stopping the anti-biotics. Worse thing you can do obviously. Anyway, after that there was a one or two (to say the least!) personal things. My mate's wife collapsed with a brain haemorrhage, after some time in hospital she is well thankfully. The same mate was on the phone to my about a week or so later, he sounded odd. I phoned him back and there was no answer - he is diabetic and I had a feeling something was wrong. I called 999 and explained this to the emergency services and then to the paramedics, they found him passed out in his flat, he'd slipped into a diabetic coma and would've been brown bread in about another hour, fine now thankfully. Then another friend had a heart attack, he is also ok after some time in hospital come out last week. Unfortunately another friend wasn't blessed with the same luck, he also suffered and brain haemorrhage and tragically died at a young age. If all this wasn't enough, I was on my way to Lingfield last week with three others and was involved in a pretty serious car accident. Some kid went around a sharp bend at about 40mph+ on our side of the road and hit us basically head on. Two write offs (4x4 and a van), ambulances, fire engines, air ambulance the lot. The good news is that everyone is fine, just suffering from plenty of whiplash and I have slight cuts and bruises. Unreal huh? Now I know this is all a bit detailed but I know some members did try to get in contact. I did get your messages and I apologise for not coming back personally but as you can see it was one thing after another. Thanks for getting in touch. Had a small break away after that - needed it! Wasn't a bad idea as the turf is pretty tough towards the end of the season. Finally normality is getting restored and fingers crossed for some better luck. Also for the poker boys - sorry for the delay with the transactions. Linzi did her best but wasn't sure on the dollar/pound rates. I made sure of the amounts by adding a little extra (to some or all I'm not sure it was sometime ago now). Call it interest. :D I hope all is ok with this? Punting has been going ok - I'm sure there have been plenty of winners on here. Been following Tropical Strait all season and got stuck into him on Saturday (as well as the disappointing Electrolyser) at 50 on betfair. But other than that nothing exciting on that front, not played a great deal with everything going on. Besides it's a tough time of year, waiting for the dirt now. Own a couple of jumpers now too, so will fill in as best I can with these - should be interesting. With regards to the future I won't be on ATR as much in future. Some of you may know, I did some tipping in the past but it wasn't for me, too time consuming for the reward. However I've been approached by a well known party to get involved with something again. It's no-risk financially and it hardly eats into my time. It's a no-brainer and I had to accept and give it a whirl. Will still be around, talking about plenty of other races. I was in contract/designing discussions for a week or so which again cut into so much time. It's nothing massive and I'm doing it for an experience more than anything. This isn't spam (correct word?) or a coup, I'm sure/hope you know this, especially the mods. It's totally come out the blue and fits perfectly into by routine so was impossible to pass up. Thanks again for all the concern etc and glad to be back. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.