** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November perhaps roma is in deep crisis... but look the guys there, impressive squad imo, they would beat every team in europe under normal circumstances no bet this one bremen very popular bet, personally i dont trust this team pana is going there for the victory, last chance for them ....another no bet for me :dude

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November Been looking at Liverpool as my main bet tonight.. Cant see em losing Unless they have a real F_cker of a game, I cant see them not beating an inconsistant Athletico MAdrid side. Yes they have had injuries and now have players back and got a 2-0 win at the weekend, but their league form is nothing special compared to Liverpools consistancy, and I personaly feel Liverpool had the better of em in Madrid aswell. I think it will be alot to ask of Athletico to get a result at Anfield.. So I think Liverpool wil win this tonight. Liverpool lost against Spurs, but that wernt cos they played bad.. Odds are not that good but I cant see any sure bets here tonight. Chelsea X2 added to a lIverpool win.. Aslo looking at taking BArcelona -1 @1.35 .. Again sh_t odds but looks a banker.. Inter shoudl win but I dont trust them, and Werder should win but Idont trust them either.. I think my main bets will be tomorrow

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November the roma team is not great even with all their players fit theyre not as good as juve/acmilan/udinese/inter, totti and aquialani there 2 best players out injured i really cant see chelsea slipping up here, i see werder winning aswell i mean of course pana are coming for a victory but arent all the teams going for a win?! esp at home werder have a decent record whereas pana's away record isnt very good. im a liverpool fan myself and am staying away from the athletico game seeing as athletico played well against us in madrid and were unlucky to draw, torres isnt reli fit and were coming off a loss dnt kno hw tht will effect us. Barca to win interested to see what price i can get on -2/3, s lisbon with liedson shud be to good aswell, i agree with alcoholic i wudnt trust inter for sh_t!

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November :welcometiedn20 I hope you enjoy PL... However it is considered good manners to put some reasoning with a post! If we all just posted team names it would be defeating the object of the forum and become uninteresting! There are lots of knowledgebale people on PL who can help with any questions sports / betting related. :ok

I think chelski win absolutely' date=' but liver hmmm... 50 - 50[/quote']

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November

Sitting here thinking what I could do with tonights games, To me all the favourites look strong favourites imo. Im going to back all favourites -1 on the handicap and will see what kind of profit or loss we come out with. This may seem a bit silly to some but I can see a few teams winning by two goals or more tonight. If we get some of the 'bigger prices' it won't take many games to make a profit. We shall see anyway. :ok Anorthosis v Inter - Inter -1 @ 8/5 Bet365 Barca v Basel - Barca -1 @ 2/5 Stan James CFR Cluj v Bordeaux - CFR Cluj -1 @ 4/1 Bet365 Liverpool v Atletico Madrid - Liverpool -1 @ 15/8 Bet365 Marseille v PSV Eindhoven - Marseille -1 @ 13/5 Bet365 Roma v Chelsea - Chelsea -1 @ 10/3 Bet365 Sporting Lisbon v Shakhtar Donetsk - Sporting Lisbon -1 @ 23/10 Bet365 Werder Bremen v Panathinaikos - Werder Bremen @ 11/10 Betfred :hope
GL with that Spooner, however given the last round of matches, with so few goals scored (bar Barca) I can see a repeat tonight. Either that or a lucky 15 on 2-nils! Me personaly am on unders for every game (bar Barca again!)

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November Liverpool v Atletico Have to side with Liverpool here, I know they are coming off a loss against Spurs but their luck ran out on Saturday evening. They have been very fortunate in recent matches and have got the rub of the green quite a lot. The confidence seems to be still bubbling in the camp if press reports etc are to be believed. The spurs game was just a blimp for them so they should continue on, even without Torres. Main Selection: Liverpool Outright Win 8/13 PP (9/10) R Keane to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match 2/1 PP (6/10) D Kuyt to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match 5/2 PP (6/10)

The only thing which makes me worry is that every weak strk is going to end one day. If/when Rossi' date= Mexes and Panucci wake up and play as real leaders, others from the team could follow them. Anyway, I also see value in odds, so good luck mate.
after 48 minutes of tha match - do not like myself

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November Panucci was first GS in so many games in the last 3-4 years, that the guy is becoming a must now with the average odds offered for him. It is just hard to believe how often it happens...In the meantime Chelsea down 3-0 :loon:loon:loon

I think the value of the day is Bordeaux. They are going well now in French Championship, they play better and better and Gourcuff is now a big leader of the team. It is the last chance for Girondins to dream of a qualification against a team who don't have the same results as last year... even if they have made a really good job against Chelsea last week. Against Bordeaux, Cluj must attack in order to get points so their will be many place for Bordeaux and Cavenaghi to score at least... one goal. So, for me, Bordeaux +0,25 (@1,943 Pinnacle) is a real value bet ! Score prediction : 0-1 GL :cheers
FT 1-2 ;)

Re: Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 4- Tuesday 4th November It makes up for the 3,000,000,000,000 the ref gave aginst us in that game alone! :ok You need to cut your self a new arsehole fella as yours is well and truely used up!!!

Penalty for Liverpool ? one of the worst decision in CL history. Hard to believe the ref did not receive a big fat check on that one.

It makes up for the 3,000,000,000,000 the ref gave aginst us in that game alone! :ok You need to cut your self a new arsehole fella as yours is well and truely used up!!!
What does ^Jonesy knows stand^ for ? Jonesy knows how to suck Steven Gerrard' cock better than his missus maybe ? Sorry lad but you are bang out of order, get a life kid

CFR 1907 Cluj vs. FC Girondins de Bordeaux CFR 1907 Cluj find themselves in second place in Group A behind Chelsea after the first round of fixtures have been completed. Two weeks ago Bordeaux defeated Cluj 1-0 in Bordeaux. It has always been the ambition of CFR Cluj to finish third thereby qualifying for the UEFA Cup which would suit them more at this stage. Didi picked up an injury at the weekend and is unavailable while Eugen Trica will be out serving his suspension. Bordeaux will need to win if they hope to finish in the top two. Matthieu Valverde takes over from Ulrich Ramé after the veteran goalkeeper suffered the recurrence of a groin injury in Saturday's 1-0 loss at AS Nancy-Lorraine. Blanc's main concern is the fitness of central midfielder Fernando who is struggling with a back problem, yet is expected to start. Cluj will try and make amends for that narrow 0-1 defeat two weeks ago at the hands of Bordeaux. If they can repeat their performance when they held Chelsea to a goalless draw here a few weeks ago then they shouldn’t have too many problems here. Bordeaux have yet to make the next round in three previous attempts. A narrow victory for Cluj is possible.
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Chelsea32105057
2CFR Cluj-Napoca31112204
3Roma31024403
4Bordeaux310227-53
Prediction: Cluj Win @2.33 FC Barcelona vs. FC Basel FC Barcelona have little to worry about in the Champions League, and the new Primera Division leaders should be able to relax ahead of their game with FC Basel. The Swiss stood no chance against the Catalans two weeks ago, when Pep Guardiola's side easily secured a 0-5 victory. Barcelona have been in great form lately, having won all of their last eleven games. Eric Abidal is still out for the Spaniards, while Basel have to do without Scott Chipperfield, who needs surgery. Carlitos might be able to make his return from injury. I expect Barcelona to make some changes however the team they put out should secure an easy enough victory to enable them to put a 2nd string team out for the 2 remaining fixtures after they secure qualification to the next stage tonight!
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Barcelona330010289
2Sporting Lisbon32014316
3Shakhtar Donetsk310234-13
4Basle300319-80
tbl_spc.gif
Prediction: Barcelona -2 HCP @1.91 SV Werder Bremen vs. Panathinaikos Athens Werder Bremen and Panathinaikos could both really use a win if they want to keep a chance of staying alive in the Champions League. Pressure is mostly on Panathinaikos, who have earned only one point in their first three games. That one point came from the 2-2 draw with Bremen two weeks ago. Werder hosted Panathinaikos once before, in the 2005-06 group phase, and won that match 5-1. The Germans, who have been improving their form lately and should be able to win this game, are without midfielder Torsten Frings (suspended). Andreas Ivanschitz picked up an injury in domestic action this week, and won't able to represent the Greeks for this game.
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter Milan32104137
2Anorthosis Famagusta31113214
3Werder Bremen30303303
4Panathinaikos301237-41
Prediction: Werder Bremen -1 HCP @2.10 AS Roma vs. Chelsea FC AS Roma’s coach Luciano Spalletti is fighting to hold onto his job with the side from the capital city of Italy. Facing a rampant Chelsea won’t make his survival any easier. Roma's inspirational captain Francesco Totti is a doubt for Tuesday after he missed the Juventus match because of pain in the knee he had surgery on last season. Italy midfielder Alberto Aquilani also looks set to miss out again with the thigh problem he sustained in the 1-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge two weeks ago. Chelsea have seven points from their three matches and are three points ahead of Cluj. Nicolas Anelka is expected to be in the starting line up with Didier Drogba likely to warm the bench. All of Ashley Cole, Ricardo Carvalho, Michael Essien and Michael Ballack will also miss the trip to Rome. Since their creditable 0-1 loss at Stamford Bridge two weeks ago Roma have shown very little to suggest that they are going to be able to keep Chelsea at bay. The result should go the way of the form team Chelsea by as many as three goals.
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Chelsea32105057
2CFR Cluj-Napoca31112204
3Roma31024403
4Bordeaux310227-53
Predictions: Chelsea Win @2.10 Chelsea -2 HCP @10.00 Anytime Goalscorer - F Lampard @3.25 Liverpool FC vs. Atletico Madrid Good news for Liverpool is the fact that star striker Fernando Torres could be set to make his return after injury. Surprisingly Liverpool have a poor home record against Spanish sides. They have not won any of their last five home matches against Spanish teams. In fact they have not scored in the last four! They will still be smarting after their unbeaten Premier run this season went out of the window when Tottenham Hotspur came from behind to snatch a 2-1 win in injury time. While former Atletico Madrid player Torres could be in the starting line up for Liverpool, Javier Aguirre will be back for Atletico Madrid. He made his return on Saturday and scored both of their goals in their 2-0 victory against Real Mallorca. Goalkeeper Gregory Coupet has recovered from injury, but defenders Tomas Ujfalusi and Giourkas Seitaridis have been ruled out. Liverpool have been the more consistent and they could sneak home by the odd goal.
PWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool32106337
2Atletico Madrid32106247
3PSV Eindhoven310236-33
4Marseille300326-40
tbl_spc.gif
Prediction: Liverpool Win @1.61
very impressive :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol are you a bookie or what ?

Sitting here thinking what I could do with tonights games, To me all the favourites look strong favourites imo. Im going to back all favourites -1 on the handicap and will see what kind of profit or loss we come out with. This may seem a bit silly to some but I can see a few teams winning by two goals or more tonight. If we get some of the 'bigger prices' it won't take many games to make a profit. We shall see anyway. :ok Anorthosis v Inter - Inter -1 @ 8/5 Bet365 :( Barca v Basel - Barca -1 @ 2/5 Stan James :( CFR Cluj v Bordeaux - CFR Cluj -1 @ 4/1 Bet365 :( Liverpool v Atletico Madrid - Liverpool -1 @ 15/8 Bet365 :( Marseille v PSV Eindhoven - Marseille -1 @ 13/5 Bet365 :) Roma v Chelsea - Chelsea -1 @ 10/3 Bet365 :( Sporting Lisbon v Shakhtar Donetsk - Sporting Lisbon -1 @ 23/10 Bet365 :( Werder Bremen v Panathinaikos - Werder Bremen @ 11/10 Betfred :( :hope
1 out of 8...Me and my ideas! :\:loon

Its true and I'll say it again. The English top 4 teams are the bollox..They go out to win every game in Europe' date= home or away. They aint scared of anyone or any team. They wana qualify as quick as poss and get the job done to get back to the League. English teams have raised the Bar. Liverpool had the better of A.Madrid in my opinion in the last game could have won there and being a very consistant team like they are, should get the result they need at home after losing to spurs at the weekend aswell afetr dominating should get the job done. Chelsea with nearly a full squad again, bang on form Team against a team like Roma who are on the worst form possible, Chelsea should win this game easily I feel but this is Football, Last match was only 1-0 but Chelsea had alot of injuries at the time, but this time round should be able to hit Roma harder if things go right. Rome were a good team and strong last year, but this year I dont think they can compete with English top teams with al there problems at the moment. Chelsea should have the confidence to go anywhere and win I feel especially with how they are playing and I dont think ROma will be oto much. They will go there to win, but a Draw is highly possible. Inter milan shoudl f_cking whipp their opponents, but I dont trust them, and never have with away games, They are sh_t in Europe and I dont rate them to get far in this tournemant and even under Mourinho I dont trust em to get a result away to a cack team like this.. So no bet..
Don't get carried away fella, plenty other quality European teams out there, just cause a team comes from Engerland don't mean they are going to win every game (However I agreed with you I thought Liverpool and Chelski had a decent chance of victory last night):@