Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €500.95)

aldric

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cooler's Nice going, aldric! :clap

What would you say is your 'shoving' range? Hard to say I guess because of chip stacks and position etc... Would you ever shove from UTG with anything other than AA or KK?
It does depend a lot on position, stack sizes, how active the big stacks are, etc. My mindset is that I want to keep my fold equity, not to build a big stack. I'd like to have a god hand when I shove, but if I judge that the odds are against getting a better opportunity before I get so low that somebody can call me speculatively, I'll shove with any two cards in late position. Even in the later stages (6 or 7 players left) I'm pretty tight UTG if I have a reasonable stack. But if I'm down to fewer than 5xBB or so, so that I'll be very short-stacked if I have to give up both my blinds, then I'll loosen up UTG, as I think shoving with 4.5xBB UTG is probably more likely to pick up the blinds without a fight than shoving with 3xBB in late position.
I've just played some of my longest games ever, thankfully cashed in them both but geez they are draining!! This really isn't fun poker but it is profitable, or it is at the moment.
Yes, it can get a bit stressful when the blinds get really high, especially when other people keep betting before you whenever you have a halfway decent hand!

Re: Cooler's

Wp mate' date=' keep it going. :clap:clap:clap[/quote'] Thanks a lot guys!! Things will slow down now as I am back to work... so its pleasing that I have managed to get to the 10E buyin's. Interesting thoughts there Slapdash thanks. That is pretty much how I play too... I definately feel that the more you play these the better you can judge when to push or fold in the 'end game'. People do still make some crazy calls IMO, but if they didn't then we would never cash!

Re: Cooler's - 50 Euro to 1k Challenge.

Just realised that Poker Kings give 30% rake back' date=' so hopefully I will get 30% back of the fees that I have paid. Not had confrmation about that yet though....[/quote'] I have had it confirmed by Poker Kings that 30% rake back is given out on 15th of each month. 100E rake is required to be generated before any payout. So all being well I will be due a boost to the Bank on 15th November :ok

I am on fire!!!! :clap Although I might call it a day as there is only one way to go after these recent results!
Only way is onward and upward :ok Impressive results so far. Read a few of these now and I get the impression the coolers are not as easy as they may seem :tongue2 Keep it up .... surely sharkscope have a level after "Super Hot"

Only way is onward and upward :ok
Hope so, although I haven't played since that nice run!! I will be playing a few games tonight though :ok
Impressive results so far. Read a few of these now and I get the impression the coolers are not as easy as they may seem :tongue2
Thanks mate, I don't know it seems if you play simple ABC poker and don't get carried away then you stand a good chance of making the money every game. You do need a bit of luck but whats new! Reading some other forums it seems that some people are 20-30 tabling these on pokerstars, now thats scary!!!

Wow, that's pretty impressive! :clap Any plans to try €20?
Cheers mate :) Just tried one and lost :wall I was going to quit for the night but decided one last go... and have lost 2 x €10 and 1 x €20... doh! 1 left which I should cash and I will post an update.... I was €8 from a €400 bank... but im not now!! :lol

Re: Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €578.35)

over 500 euros profit. An inspiration for my own thread, hopeful i'll get these numbers as well
Cheers mate, I'm sure you will :ok Im definately not a great poker player, but I know to stay disciplined with this format and it seems to work.

Re: Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €578.35)

Well done mate. Excellent stuff. :clap
Nice one Aldric. I am doing rubbish at the moment. Think I am oine of those crap players who like giving money away.
Magic so far Aldric :clap
Thanks a lot guys :ok Appreciate the support. Staffy I am sure you will get it back!

Re: Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €670.35)

Good going mate :ok
Thanks a lot! I've put in a request to withdraw €400 as I will use that for a deposit bonus at another boss site. I take it webdollar are likely to request all sorts of verification before they pay out?

Re: Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €670.35) I can't remember tbh. You can withdraw something obscure like €276 without a security code, then following that you have to input your security code for every subsequent withdrawal. I will say I have found the webdollar support to be helpful and effective whenever I have had to contact them

I can't remember tbh. You can withdraw something obscure like €276 without a security code, then following that you have to input your security code for every subsequent withdrawal. I will say I have found the webdollar support to be helpful and effective whenever I have had to contact them
Yep, didn't have to enter the security code it said you can withdraw up to €500 and then have to use the code. It also said when I withdrew that they may ask for some verification details. No big deal, just a pain if they wait for a while and then tell me its required.

I don't know what happened today but I can't remember having such a bad run of cards, I was rivered 5 or 6 times today. I don't remember winning any races and have bubbled goodness knows how many times. I am a bit frustrated but I guess I was due a bad run..... its funny how this happens when you withdraw from a site :lol