Cooler's - €50 to €1k Challenge. (Currently €500.95)

aldric

Everyone and their gran is talking about this type of sng format so I am going to have a bash myself. Ive just joined Poker Kings and deposited €50. I will start at €3 level and multitable (4 max initially) see how we go! The aim of this challenge is to see if I can get a bank roll to play the €50 coolers. I would like to have 20 buy ins at that level, so the challenge is to turn my €50 in to €1k.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cooler's

If you're multitabling' date=' it's well worth staggering the starts - if you're 4 tabling, I'd go for at least 1 level (8 mins) between each table. Good luck :ok[/quote'] Cheers GAF :ok It is certainly the easiest multitabling I have ever done as there are hardly any decisions to make and having the tables in mini-view I can see all the tables at once. It is going to take a few goes to get used to the format though... I have played 13 so far.

Re: Cooler's I don't think I am doing that well so far... bit annoyed at a couple of the bubble losses... I will have a go at some more tonight. All at 3.30 Euro level: 1 - Lost (6th) 2 - Won 3 - Lost (7th) 5 - Won 6 - Won 7 - Won 8 - Lost (8th) 9 - Won 10 - Lost (7th) 11 - Won 12 - Won 13 - Lost (6th) 14 - Lost (7th) 15 - Lost (6th) 16 - Won 17 - Won Won: 9 Lost: 7

Re: Cooler's A good run tonight although im dissapointed with games 27 and 29 when I really should have not gone out: 18 - Won 19 - Won 20 - Won 21 - Won 22 - Lost (7th) 23 - Won 24 - Won 25 - Won 26 - Won 27 - Lost (7th) 28 - Won 29 - Lost (6th) I'll get a spreadsheet going tomorrow... not got excel on my new computer yet. My 50 Euro is now 65.60

Re: Cooler's Managed to get excel sorted out and had 3 games this morning....

Buy-In3.00 €
Played31
Won20
ITM65%
Stake102.30 €
Return120.00 €
P/L17.70 €
ROI17%
I will probably play 50 games and then move up to 5 euros to see how those games compare.

Re: Cooler's I've played a few more games and have been a bit up and down - I have been playing up to 6 games at once. I'm playing mostly the 3 Euro games but I have started on the 5 Euro buy-ins and will play at most 2 of those at a time. I plan to move up to 5 Euro fully when / if I reach a 100E bank.

Buy-In3.00 €5.00 €
Played584
Won333
ITM57%75%
Stake191.40 €22.00 €
Return198.00 €30.00 €
P/L6.60 €8.00 €
ROI3%36%
Total P/L14.60 €
Sharkscope seems to have 'missed' 8 of my games:
PL-Aldric 54$0 $5 1%$11 Super HotIPN

Re: Cooler's I don't think I have ever 'run' so bad having just had AA cracked 3 times in a row (all in preflop). 2 of them happened at exactly the same time! Whenever I was ahead I lost.... This was bad play for a cooler but the 'villain' had gone all in on the previous 2 hands. I was delighted when I saw h is 55. To be fair I was probably a wee bit on tilt from the previous few games. ***** Hand 1305668524 ***** 150.00/300.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 04 November 2008 14:41:55 Cooler (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: Malistra (2220.00) Seat 2: Unknown (0.00) Seat 3: Unknown (0.00) Seat 4: Romicio 46 (2670.00) Seat 5: PL-Aldric (1200.00) Seat 6: UtdFan (2315.00) Seat 7: Unknown (0.00) Seat 8: Marusan (1210.00) Seat 9: x-name (2220.00) Seat 10: fOulekz (3165.00) Romicio 46 post SB 150.00 PL-Aldric post BB 300.00 ** Deal ** Malistra [N/A, N/A] Romicio 46 [N/A, N/A] PL-Aldric [Jc, Jd] UtdFan [N/A, N/A] Marusan [N/A, N/A] x-name [N/A, N/A] fOulekz [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** UtdFan Fold Marusan Fold x-name All-in 2220.00 fOulekz Fold Malistra Fold Romicio 46 Fold PL-Aldric All-in 1200.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [3h, 4s, Ac] *** Turn(Board): *** : [3h, 4s, Ac, 5h] *** River(Board): *** : [3h, 4s, Ac, 5h, 6d] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 2550.00 Malistra Fold Win: 0.00 Romicio 46 Fold Win: 0.00 PL-Aldric [Jc, Jd] Pair of jacks Win: 0.00 UtdFan Fold Win: 0.00 Marusan Fold Win: 0.00 x-name [5c, 5d] Three of a kind, fives Win: 2550.00 Ill post an update later tonight but im down to 95 euros....

I tried a 10 Euro game and went out first!! :loon They definately look like they will be harder to crack so no more of them till the bank roll is 200 Euros.
Just played 2, 10 Euro games which I said I wasn't going to but ive had a drink (:beer) and cashed in both.. :ok
I don't want to encourage anybody to play above their bankroll, but I've found a surprising lack of difference in how hard it is to cash at the different levels on Boss. Not that the players play the same, but at the lower levels they're bad but passive (which is not so bad in coolers), and at the higher levels they try to be too clever and aggressive. My current cash rates at different levels (admittedly, apart from €50 these are very small samples, and the majority at €3 were without looking at my cards :D) are: €3: 75% €5: 67% €10: 100% (only 3 of those) €20: 53% €30: 61% €50: 64% €100: 67%

Re: Cooler's I've struggled with the €10 games (small sample) - I think I'm losing on them. I think I'm crushing the €3 and €5 as easily as your numbers (no data to back that up). I think I noticed a definite "step up" at the €10 games :unsure

I've struggled with the €10 games (small sample) - I think I'm losing on them. I think I'm crushing the €3 and €5 as easily as your numbers (no data to back that up). I think I noticed a definite "step up" at the €10 games :unsure
As I said, at most levels I've played very few, so my figures are definitely statistically insignificant. Here are the figures with number of games added: €3: 75% (8) €5: 67% (9) €10: 100% (3) €20: 53% (15) €30: 61% (23) €50: 64% (205) €100: 67% (39) Maybe the €10-€20 games are harder, and if you play below or above that level it's easy money? :lol

It's not working - I'm not feeling any better :tongue2 I'll have to give the €10 games a proper go again :ok
Definitely do, imho. I haven't noticed a difference between €10, €20, €30 level, and it is purely a bankroll decision to concentrate on the €10 and €20 ones at the minute.

I don't want to encourage anybody to play above their bankroll' date=' but I've found a surprising lack of difference in how hard it is to cash at the different levels on Boss.[/quote'] Definately interesting to read that and hopefully I will be able to get a few more Euro's in the old bank roll and try the higher buy-ins. The question remains though, how long will these be profitable if more people start to understand the format and how they should be playing them. Impressive results :clap The first €10 game I don't think anyone got knocked out until the blinds were 150/300 and that happened to be me!!! I think that game was during the day. As I said earlier I definately think the games at night are much softer and the 2 I played last night were significantly easier..... on one of them 2 people were out with the blinds still on 15/30!! Im on leave this week which is why I am able to play so much, but going to try again this morning but if it is as bad as yesterday I won't be playing much in the mornings any more.

I've found a surprising lack of difference in how hard it is to cash at the different levels on Boss. Not that the players play the same' date=' but at the lower levels they're bad but passive (which is not so bad in coolers), and at the higher levels they try to be too clever and aggressive. [/quote'] Im curious, do you feel that your play changes depending on which level you are playing?

Im curious' date=' do you feel that your play changes depending on which level you are playing?[/quote'] Well, as several people have said, players tend to start getting knocked out quicker at the lower levels, so I tend to be more patient before starting to shove. I think that at the higher levels I have to shove more times on average during a game, but I'm less likely to get called each time I shove. But I don't really do that because of the level, but because of the way people are playing: sometimes they play like that at €50 (in fact, my fastest ever cash was at €50: over before the end of the 25/50 blind level).