November Nine - 9th November

avongirl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: November Nine - 9th November Been watching the ESPN Main Event broadcasts on YouTube. Hoped to watch a live feed of the final table, but it seems ESPN aren't doing that this year. Only have to wait two days til Nov 11th before they broadcast the episode versions, but that's not the point!

Re: November Nine - 9th November I watched the last two episode's leading up to the final table last night and I though that the young guy Marquis looked quite decent. He's new to the game, only 1 and a half years experience but he seemed quite calm and collected and I think he may spring a surprise. I think Phillipps also looked strong, and I can def see him getting to at least the final 3. So my top 3 would be: 1. Marquis 2. Philipps 3. Eastgate Anyone know where I can bet for this?

Re: November Nine - 9th November

I wonder what they had :loon
Hand #18 - Ivan Demidov Ivan Demidov has the button in Seat 7. Dennis Phillips limps in from under the gun. All fold to Demidov, who raises to 1,025,000. Both blinds get out of the way, allowing Phillips to quickly reraise to 3.525 million. Phillips keeps his gaze firmly planted on Demidov as the young Russian tries to figure out what his next move should be. He seems to be talking to himself. His lips are moving but we can't make out what's being said. Whatever it is, he decides to put out a big raise of his own, making the price to see the flop a staggering 8.225 million. These are two big stacks going to war, each daring the other one to blink first. Demidov now is sitting silently behind his towers of chips, eyes cast down at the rail in front of him. Phillips is riffling chips with his right hand. After thirty seconds, he makes the call! Each player has committed over a third of his stack to see a flop of 8d.gif10c.gifjs.gif. With the blinds and antes, more than 17 million chips are up for grabs. Demidov has position and his Phillips covered. Phillips is now the one whose lips are moving soundlessly. Demidov remains a statue, staring at the rail. Phillips leads out with a relatively small bet of 4.5 million. Demidov takes a deep breath and then announces, "I'm all in." Half of the players get up and walk away from the table while Demidov's stack is counted down. It's 9.395 million more back to Phillips, which is more than he has. Demidov has Phillips covered by about 800,000. It would seem Phillips can't call without anything but a monster. Phillips seems to reach the same conclusion. He folds! Demidov is now the far-and-away chip leader with 35,875,000. It's a huge blow for Phillips, who now has less than 9 million chips.

Re: November Nine - 9th November The hand where everyone folded to Demidov in the SB (Demidov in 2nd with an M of about 30) and Kim was in the Big Blind (last place with an M of less than 1). Demidov has KT. There are a lot (3?) of mid range stacks and short(2?) , but not so short as Kim, stacks. These 5 players are timid and can be pushed around by Demidov and Schwartze until Kim is eliminated. Is there an argument for Demidov to fold his SB and give Kim a walk so that Demidov can maintain maximum pressure on the other mid and short stacks?

I watched the last two episode's leading up to the final table last night and I though that the young guy Marquis looked quite decent. He's new to the game, only 1 and a half years experience but he seemed quite calm and collected and I think he may spring a surprise. So my top 3 would be: 1. Marquis
:wall:wall

The hand where everyone folded to Demidov in the SB (Demidov in 2nd with an M of about 30) and Kim was in the Big Blind (last place with an M of less than 1). Demidov has KT. There are a lot (3?) of mid range stacks and short(2?) , but not so short as Kim, stacks. These 5 players are timid and can be pushed around by Demidov and Schwartze until Kim is eliminated. Is there an argument for Demidov to fold his SB and give Kim a walk so that Demidov can maintain maximum pressure on the other mid and short stacks?
Yes, I would say so. Similar to the bubble in a tourney, where it is to the benefit of the big stack(s) to prolong the bubble as long as possible, in order to bully the midrange stacks