0.5% Bank Builder

Sheerluck Holmes

0.5% Bank Builder
This is a new Glory Hunt but is based on one I put on hold a wee while ago, a lot of this is rehashed from that but the principles remain exactly the same…

So to, recap:

In the past I have had a somewhat hap-hazard way of betting – i.e. depositing money ‘as and when’, the odd glory hunt etc. I have also just bet on ‘fancies’ (in the loosest possible sense of the word) and had speculative punts and subsequently, my bank balance has had more ins and outs than a bride’s knickers on her wedding night., well all that is about to change……

As before, I believe the ONLY way to bet AND WIN is a) to keep risks low and spread - none of this “all in” stuff if you’re looking for something other than a quick bit of fun. B) Make withdrawals and C) bet with the famous word, D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E.

In this thread I plan to keep a record of all my bets. This means NO cheeky deposits for a ‘tip off/good thing’, NO depositing extra funds for a team/horse that I fancy strongly and NO depositing of funds into any account for a ‘flutter’ – every bet I make will be recorded here and no more deposits will be made this year. If this fooks up, that’s it for me. The starting bank may not be much to some people but I’ve now got a wedding to save up for so it’s all I can afford! I ideally wanted to start with £500 but that’s not do-able at the moment, so the start bank is £100.

When I have a bet, it will be written up with as much reasoning as time allows and I will also endeavour to have it posted in the appropriate forum (UK Football, European Football, At The Races etc). This will improve my discipline and mean I am betting on selections that I aren’t embarrassed about later and keeping me on the straight and narrow, thus avoiding the ‘fancies’ as mentioned above.

In the event that I follow a selection from somebody else, (e.g. some of the excellent lads in ATR forum) I will clearly state it is their bet and the bet will still be in the staking plan and recorded here. I don’t expect this will be a regular occurrence though.

So, my plan is to encompass all my football and horse racing bets into a sensible, glory hunt style thread, attempting to win a fixed 0.5% of my bank with each bet. This should also stop any erratic staking which I may have previously done and is low enough to be achievable. My target is £2000. This is going to be a very looooong GH (hopefully) and I hope my dedication keeps going through the 770 or so bets which will be needed! :lol

There will be loss recovery (which is why this is a glory hunt as opposed to just a thread containing my bets). The next bet(s) after a loss, will try to recover the money lost from the previous plus the current target. I think the 0.5% approach allows this, rather than just trying to win back the lost stake.

Odds will vary, as will the type of markets looked at. For the midweek matches and Saturday afternoons where all the kick off times are the same, the target will be 0.5% of the bank for all matches. This could lead to complications with the loss recovery if all bets lose, so to counter this, no more than 3 bets will be placed at the same time and a recovery bet will be attempted for each of the lost bets individually. The next target will then be calculated when no more bets are outstanding.

That’s about it. :ok

So, the 1st step! ….

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 0.5% Bank Builder So, here we go ....

BetDateSportTargetPickB/LOddsStk
126-OctFootball£0.50West Ham to beat ArsenalLay7.00£0.55
West Ham have lost their last 2 and after Arsenal's midweek demolition of Fenerbache face a daunting task. The Hammers have only beaten Arsenal 6 times in the last 25 encounters and only once at home. :hope for a good 1st bet. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.