** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Quick question

Monty Hall

Re: Quick question Hi there again, This is for the poker masters since I know absolutely nothing about poker. This question is about poker "spy" programs, like the above mentioned program and other maybe even better programs that are suppose to enter the room with you, following other players, giving you statistics etc.. Are they any good? are they worth the price, I know for example that some of these are quite popular in other country. I never play poker by the way so theres no use for me to try it for myself you see :$ I Also know it is basically illegal to enter rooms they way these programs work so Ill understand if no one actually trys it. Thanks

Re: Quick question The mainstream packages that track your opponents and provide live stats are Poker Tracker, Holdem Manager and PokerOffice. PT and HEM are "next generation" whilst PO is at the moment a little behind the race. I would be dubious about using other software that's not heard of - if someone wants to help you to cheat - in reality they will probably cheat you!!! PT, HEM and PO are legal in the poker rooms - they dont play for you, they "just" provide you with publicly available information on hands "observed" from your computer - it's powerful and really is a must for 99% of poker players. The purchase price (about $80) is a bargain for all players who play for real money. If you are more interested in "bots" that play for you - they are illegal in the poker rooms, and the commercially available ones are poor players - it makes sense doesn't it - if you could program a bot to crush online games, would you leave it playing and making money for you and your friends, or would you sell it to strangers for $50 a time for them to rpofit from it? If you want to part with money on a "get rich quick" poker scheme, you will almost certainly IMO end up being scammed!