Help Needed... play analysis.

stooo V2

Hey guys, I havent posted for a while cos I've been really busy. But after a recent leg break (I'm on the mend!) as you can imagine I've been playing quite a bit of poker online. With mixed results... I'm winning quite regularly and seem to have found a nice profitable level... but other times I'm getting exceedingly frustrated when i end up bubbling. So I've had the idea that I'm going to try and get a more educated player to analyse my play to see where improvement can be made. Any ideas on the best way of doing this? I'd imagine the best way is to record and then upload somewhere. Anyone know of the best software for this? Stooo

Re: Help Needed... play analysis. Camtasia is the software to use :ok Download the free 30 day trial from their web site :ok (and if you need more than 30 days to evaluate your version, there are allegedly serials to be found on the internet ;) ) For a free (slightly less functional) version, you could also use Camstudio. If you're brave enough ;) probably a good idea to use a mic and record commentary while your playing - that way people can see what you are (and more importantly what you're not) thinking about....

Re: Help Needed... play analysis. If you have a lot of time to spend on your poker education, then I'd sign up to deucescracked too - the first week is free (you have to put in payment details, but if you cancel in the first 7 days, they dont charge you). Hope the leg fixes soon, but take advantage of the time whilst you can :)

Re: Help Needed... play analysis. im guessing this is SNG's, they are all about theory (stack/blind ratios etc) and theres plenty of good SNG players on PL (unfortunately im not one of them). I just made a vid of me playing 50nl cash games with a piece of software called camtasia, theres a free 30 day trial - give it a search on google. This films your screen so you could wack on like 4 SNG's and then video that until they are over, Re: where you could put it, im not sure tbh but there must be some free hosting somewhere...? Else you could just post a few hand histories I guess but you might find videoing your games helps you concentrate. One thing that is useful, if you arent going to commentate (and if you are comfortable with the amount of tables you have going) then it might be useful to open notepad and leave it at the bottom of the screen, then when a spot comes up that you arent sure of the best play - you can just write something in there like 'wasnt sure what to do etc blah there was 2 to act behind me blah etc'. Good luck.

Re: Help Needed... play analysis. If you're going to use Camtasia definately get a microphone and commentate on your play and what's going on in your mind as it happens. Seeing the hand history of a move with J3o is completely different to hearing and seeing why you made a move with J3o at that time in the tournament.