** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct

i m sorry mate, but seems that we understand tennis in different ways definitely i trust my self here, and nobody else you have to ajjust your view though, in modern tennis there isnt any thing like 'clay courter' all players are all around, granollers was very near to beat "hard courter" tsonga last week fifty fifty game, bolelli may win, but not because of your estimations
just re-read what i wrote, i should have taken more time my post is kind of arrogant , i apologize if anyone took it badly, its not what i meant ;)

just re-read what i wrote' date=' i should have taken more time my post is kind of arrogant , i apologize if anyone took it badly, its not what i meant ;)[/quote'] I think the main issue is price, the guy on bettingadvice got 1.72 which is very different from the 1.57 available now;)

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct hi guys i see here most of u give chances on granolers to win but i will disagree here:D i will go for boleli win he won yesterday with very poor this season berdych granolers won with baghdatis bad that was very bad game from bagh and granolers also h2h is 1-0 for bolleli on 12-5-2008 in hamburg 7-5 6-2 i see here same score:P gl BOLLELI WIN another interesting match is mathieu-ferrero i see here clear win for mathieu he is doing good lately final in moseele:D lost from tursunov in 3 sets 1/4 in kremlin cup yesterday he beat easy canas 6-3 6-4 also he is from france and will have bigger support while ferero not so good this year especialy on hard h2h 1-0 for mathieu easy 6-1 6-3 that was in 2006 but i see here another win for mathieu MATHIEU WIN hanescu-kukushkin hm not much to say i will go for hanescu win i thnik he is class beter player then this kukushkin i dont know much about kukushkin he only played on challengerts while hanescu is good this year easy win yesterday with korolev 6-1 6-3 who i thnik that korolev is better player than kukuskhin so HANESCU WIN no time to explain about this picks only will tell them ivanovic-bammer IVANOVIC WIN penneta-cibulkova PENNETA WIN and one match from buenos aires luszak-sarreta LUSZAK WIN gl guys

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Couple to add..... PENNETTA @ 1.63 Pinnacle. I expected maybe a let down from Pennetta after a tough week, but she was excellent against Szavay and won very easily. That should set her up for another good week and in the form she's in this should be comfortable. Cibulkova has been playing OK the past few weeks, but doesn't seem near the form she had in the summer and I can't see her troubling Pennetta who should be able to dominate the rallies. FERRERO @ 2.12 Pinnacle. Most bookies go 1.83 the pair, and I'd agree with that assessment so happy to get over evens on Ferrero. I think he's playing well in this part of the season, but just not quite going as far as he should in the tournaments. But I'm willing to go with him again against the enigma of Mathieu. Mathieu played really well in Metz, then retired in Moscow with a headache and was very poor against Granollers in Madrid. He beat Canas in the first round here but the Argentine has looked very poor recently. Mathieu won this title in 2002 but since then is 2-4 at this event and I'm looking for that poor record to continue.

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Mathieu 1.72 Yes I think it's a sure bet. Ferrero had a few good matches, but I think he won't be able to keep the rhytm with Mathieu. I agree with Bukic about this for sure Mathieu has a better serve, stronger forehand. So no chance for Juan-Carlos on Mathieu serve. And he''ll have the breakpoints so will convert them. Zverev 3.00 Misha showed an impressive game in Moscow, beating Troicki and other good player. He's a pusher, a guy who do not hit many winners, a little errors and excellent play at the net. Youzhnyi sure is out-of-form and pressure is on him, he had an awful season at last. Another pick today it's Tsonga 1.28, I can compare this match with Mathieu an young guy plays against a legendar, but old player. Smart Santoro has no chance here. Yves looks right about Bolleli. Credit to you.

hi guys i see here most of u give chances on granolers to win but i will disagree here:D i will go for boleli win he won yesterday with very poor this season berdych granolers won with baghdatis bad that was very bad game from bagh and granolers also h2h is 1-0 for bolleli on 12-5-2008 in hamburg 7-5 6-2 i see here same score:P gl BOLLELI WIN another interesting match is mathieu-ferrero i see here clear win for mathieu he is doing good lately final in moseele:D lost from tursunov in 3 sets 1/4 in kremlin cup yesterday he beat easy canas 6-3 6-4 also he is from france and will have bigger support while ferero not so good this year especialy on hard h2h 1-0 for mathieu easy 6-1 6-3 that was in 2006 but i see here another win for mathieu MATHIEU WIN hanescu-kukushkin hm not much to say i will go for hanescu win i thnik he is class beter player then this kukushkin i dont know much about kukushkin he only played on challengerts while hanescu is good this year easy win yesterday with korolev 6-1 6-3 who i thnik that korolev is better player than kukuskhin so HANESCU WIN no time to explain about this picks only will tell them ivanovic-bammer IVANOVIC WIN penneta-cibulkova PENNETA WIN and one match from buenos aires luszak-sarreta LUSZAK WIN gl guys
oh yeah:D 5/5 i hope mathieu will win for 6/6 comon mathieu:D

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct LOPEZ @ 2.25 Stan James. Lopez looks pretty good here as a small dog. He’s in decent form at the moment, reaching semis in Vienna, quarters in Madrid getting some good wins and has won a couple of matches here including a nice win over Fish. He’s definitely a confidence player and looks to have his tail up at the moment and I’m getting on him here. Blake, I never really fancy at this stage of the year. Recently, he’s looked OK but not great. He’s dropped sets to Kiefer and Hernandez in this tournament so far, and I’m struggling to make him fav here. SODERLING @ 2.4 Boylesports. Both smashing down a lot of aces this week and look to like the quick surface here. Roddick has ad tighter matches which might give him the edge when it gets tight but still I’m willing to go for Soderling. Both have won this event before, both can be very strong indoors – just split this straight down the middle and see who wins the breakers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

TIPSAREVIC @ 5.9 Pinnacle. This just looks worth a nibble. Tipsareivc is simply the type that gets up for big matches and is capable of putting in big performances. He’s 4-4 this year against top 10 opposition, and those losses were 10-8 in the fifth against Federer, losing from a set up against Djokovic and a couple of bad beatings from Ferrer and Davydenko. Of course <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Murray is near the top end of top 10 guys, but still the week between Masters events and coming off a big week last week, it could happen. Also H2H is 2-1 to Tipsarevic which is a plus, although Murray has improved a lot since then. Murray has been very comfortably against tricky opponents Troicki and Gulbis, but I’m sure this will be his toughest test.

PENNETTA @ 2.3 Boylesports. Just going with the form girl here. Pennetta has carried over her great form and has been very comfortable this week. She’s hitting the ball really well and playing with a lot of confidence. Ivanovic looks to be improving in the past couple of weeks, but still the confidence doesn’t seem to be quite there and I’d favour Pennetta if it gets tight. I think this would be a really big win for Ivanovic, and I think this is very close to 50/50. Waiting on 1 more, see if I can get a better price.....

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct I'll take the generic price..... FERRERO @ 2.62 Will Hill. I’m definitely going for Ferrero here at a nice price. I’ve backed him twice already in this tournament and kept on saying he’s playing well, and he’s backing it up nicely. Tsonga has got a couple of tight wins over compatriots Gicquel and Santoro, but I’m not convinced he’s 100% and Ferrero should find him out.

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Good job from Mr.I.q I'll go today for small, but sure bets: Simon 1.16, Del Potro 1.22 in combination it makes 1.45. Ouanna is the guy with big serve, but he hasn't the quality to stay with Simon in rallies. Simon is a good returner and it's hard to hit winners against him. Andreev played few good matches, but I remember Del Potro in Davis Cup against Andreev. Russian was helpless and it was easy win for argentinian. He maintains his good form and will get out of tournament only when he''ll meet a more serious challenge: Federer, Blake...

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct hey guys not so bad yesterday 5/6 and good job mr i for ferrero for today my bets are: MURRAY-TIPSAREVIC OVER 22.5 GAMES here odds are very good for tipsarevic win no chance to put money on murray at odds 1.2 crap h2h 2-1 for tipsa he is not bad player he has some injures but now he is back and play some good results i will go for over here BLAKE-LOPEZ BLAKE WIN hm i will go for blake today even i am little worried h2h 2-0 for blake he had little problem yesterday with hernandez but in 3 sets he finaly start to play:P hm for lopez he had good results lately he beat wawrinka ferrer and montanes in madrid and lose from nadal in 1/4 yesterday he beat fish 2-0 but i will go today for blake also i thnik that blake must reached finals in basel to be in best of eight:D FEDERRER-BOLLELI OVER 21.5 GAMES hm odds on federer 1.05 ccc he had very hard matches in basel with reynolds won in 3 sets 1 tiebreak with nieminen 2-0 2 tiebreaks i see today another tiebreak also bolleli play good in this tournament beat easy granolers and berdych i will go for over gl no time must go to schoole next bets w/o explanations BARTOLI-BONDARENKO BARTOLI WIN HANTUCHOVA-CIRSTEA HANTUCHOVA WIN SODERLING WIN gl guys

SODERLING @ 2.4 Boylesports. Both smashing down a lot of aces this week and look to like the quick surface here. Roddick has ad tighter matches which might give him the edge when it gets tight but still I’m willing to go for Soderling. Both have won this event before, both can be very strong indoors – just split this straight down the middle and see who wins the breakers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Soderling wins the breakers, a good start to the day:ok

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Straight wins for Simon and Del Potro will sleep well tonight ;) .Had some good bets on Golubev in-play, but was waiting for upset in Tipsarevic-Murray, but it turned to not be. Will start to think about tomorrow: A.Golubev 2.75 The guy shows exceptional form in Peterburg. Beating Safin and Zverev he went too far. Some nice winners and strong nerves give me confidence in him. Hanescu is in form, but I'm think he won't be able to stay in rallies with Golubev.

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct murray is a tennis machine guys he is winning for fun follow him till end, especially in final 8 tournament reminds me federer of the past, impossible to beat him murray all the way for me in all remaining tournaments-paris and final 8- :ok

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct murray is a great tennis phenomenon i follow him since 2005 he is doomed, if i allow to use such word, to reach the top of the everest tennis, he is one but nothing before character, lets see, i wait too much to see him in paris masters, coz no picture from russia at the moment cheers :beer

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Paris masters first round sam Querrey v marcos baghdatis no odds applicable :lol, well this is the banker of the tournament guys sam to win, i dont have a clue what odds available, but marcos is just pure bad bad, he cant play tennis i am insider conserning marcos games, second round opponent Murray ! there murray will lose for sure, and i guarantee that murray should pray Sam to progress , yes yes :beer

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct Frustrating 2-3 today after a good start. WOZNIACKI @ 1.55 Pinnacle. This looks pretty solid. Wozniacki had a couple of poor weeks before this but looks to be refreshed and playing well here. She's had 3 reasonable wins so far and despite Li's big game I can't see Wozniacki being too torubled. Li took 3 sets against Benesova and I just can't see her making enough big shots to trouble Wozniacki.

murray is a great tennis phenomenon i follow him since 2005 he is doomed, if i allow to use such word, to reach the top of the everest tennis, he is one but nothing before character, lets see, i wait too much to see him in paris masters, coz no picture from russia at the moment cheers :beer
Register at bwin.com and you will have picture from Russia 1.16 for Murray is a sure bet for combinations. Andrew for me doesn't play the best tennis, but is the best player on tour now. it's a paradox, I think he win his matches on character and steady nerves. I think no problems for Murray to beat either Querrey or Marcos. Murray is an identic player with Simon 2.25 who faces mad sweden Soderling tomorrow. I can not understand those coeficients.
ATP, Davis Cup and Grand Slam Main Draw Results
matchresults_yeartournamentcityetc.gif
2008 Beijing Olympics China Hard R64 Simon 6-4 6-4
2008 Rotterdam The Netherlands Hard S Soderling 6-2 6-1
2007 Marseille France Hard S Simon 6-2 7-6(2)
2007 Zagreb Croatia Carpet R32 Soderling 3-6 7-6(5) 7-6(4)
They are 2-2 at H2H, but last win on quick hardcourts is for Gilles and as Jason Goodall says Simon plays now the best tennis in his life. Another finalist will be Tsonga 1.44, Benneteau played agressive yesterday, but that's because Darcis ha a weak serve.
ATP, Davis Cup and Grand Slam Main Draw Results
matchresults_yeartournamentcityetc.gif
2008 ATP Masters Series Miami FL, U.S.A. Hard R32 Benneteau 6-3 6-3
2007 Wimbledon Great Britain Grass R128 Tsonga 7-6(4) 7-5 6-4

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct IVANOVIC @ 1.50 Sportingbet. Also 1.49 @ Pinnacle. This looks very reasonable to me. Ivanovic was excellent yesterday against in-form Pennetta and to me looked close to her best. She should be refreshed in this part of the season and confidence should be building. Radwanska got a good win over Petrova yesterday but I can't but think that she looked worn out against Srebotnik last week. Ivanovic is a couple of levels above her anyway, and this price is reasonable. SIMON @ 2.5 Sportingbet. Stand out price here and it looks massive. Simon had a couple of bad weeks (as predicted) in Metz and Vienna, but since then is back on a roll. He was excellent in Madrid coming through a lot of tight matches and getting the epic win over Nadal. This week he had a few problems early on and will have been relieved to get a straight sets win over Ouanna yesterday! This price has to be based on him being tired, but the guy just seems to keep going and has a very efficient playing style. He's at home and should be well up for this. Soderling got the win for me yesterday in a serving contest against Roddick, but this will be a very different match-up. H2H is 2-2 and Simon has moved up a level since most of those meetings, and won the last one in Beijing. This price looks really big whatever happens. BENNETEAU @ 3.1 Pinnacle. Tsonga was excellent against Ferrero yesterday, but I'm still not convinced and this price looks big. Benneteau has been excellent this week, taking out Clement, Robredo and Darcis without even having a close set. When he gets on a roll he can be very effective. H2H is 2-1 to Benneteau including winning the last meeting in Miami earlier this year.

I'm going to leave all the finals - nothing stands out.
I agree they are hard to predict, but I found some good bets: A.Golubev +6 I see a lot of people saying: Murray gone to crush him. But I'm not sure of it. Golubev showed awesome game against Hanescu, managed to make lot of breaks against good serving Hanescu. Murray of course hasn't dropped a set, but an inside feeling made me bet on +6. He's underdog, he has nothing to lose and it's always a nice position to go in. Federer 2-0 1.61. Nalbandian had a good tournament, beating his compatriot Del Potro, but he's not simply of Master Roger calibre.Federer always plays well the finals, trying to not trouble himself. In front of Suisse crowd he will try to go in straight sets.

Re: ATP Basel/Lyon/St Petersburg & WTA Linz/Luxembourg 20th - 26th Oct I'm taking Soderling over Benneteau. Odds are only around 1.50 but he is in such good form and it doesn't look like he is about to lose this form. The last time they met was earlier this year on hard courts and Soderling had a very dominating win. they met at the french and Benneteau won but of course the surface was very different. Good luck to me.