** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Heineken Cup ROUND 2

Pool 2 Leinster V Wasps 17.30 18 Oct. This game goes a long way to deciding who comes out top in this Pool. I believe Leinster need to improve even on their last performance against Edinburgh and if they play like they did against Connaught then they can forget it! Leinster's strength lies with their backs and the boot of Contepomi. In the game against Edinburgh, Leinster took early control via their backs but Edinburgh were their own worst enemies by missing penalties and poor play, which gifted the game to Leinster. Against Connaught their pack was unable to dominate a seven man pack after Connaught had a man sent off. Wasps on the other hand after a shakey start to their season are beginning to fire, they took care of a potential banana skin in Castres quite easily. They certainly have the backs and defence to deal with Leinster's backs and I believe it is in the forwards where they have the upper hand. Wasps have proved this season that they have the ability to win away from home and they know how to tough it out, Leicester away being the example of this. I believe Wasps are capeable of turning Leinster over, if they can stay penalty free within Contepomi's range and stop their backline then it's Wasps for the taking but it will be close. Alternative Winning Margin Wasps by 1-10 16/5 P.Power

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Brive - Newcastle Newcastle Falcons: 15 Steve Jones, 14 Tim Visser, 13 Jamie Noon, 12 Tom May, 11 John Rudd, 10 Rory Clegg, 9 Hall Charlton, 8 Phil Dowson ©, 7 Ed Williamson, 6 Adam Balding, 5 Mark Sorenson, 4 Andy Perry, 3 Carl Hayman, 2 Andy Long, 1 Joe McDonnell. Replacements: 16 Matt Thompson, 17 Micky Ward, 18 Tim Swinson, 19 Russell Winter, 20 James Grindal, 21 Ollie Phillips, 22 Tom Dillon. Brive: 15 Alexis Palisson, 14 Norman Ligairi, 13 Ronnie Cooke, 12 Fabrice Estebanez, 11 Ben Cohen, 10 Andy Goode, 9 Arnaud Pic, 8 Alix Popham, 7 Simon Azoulai (capt), 6 Antoine Claasen, 5 Damien Browne, 4 Christian Short, 3 Pierre Capdevielle, 2 Steve Thompson, 1 Davit Kinchagishvili. Replacements: 16 Jean-Philippe Bonrepaux, 17 Pascal Idieder, 18 Johan van Zyl, 19 Vincent Forgues, 20 Jean-Baptiste Pejoine, 21 Luciano Orquera, 22 Horacio Agulla Preview : http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3970_4338769,00.html After a big suprise and a loose in Italy vs Parma,Brive got no choice tonight ,if they want to stay alive in this pool they must win.After 1st match all the team admit they underestimate Overmach Parma. Tonight things will be different receive Newcastle without his start Wilko so motivation is clearly different.Raining all the day in Brive and i don't think we can have lot of point tonight.Like i say Brive is in must win situation and Newcastle after crash El Salvador got already 5 point and play without pressure here and maybe not same motivation.Got a important match at home vs Irish next week and i see more concentrate on this game My call : Under 41.5 @1.83 little stake Brive 1-12 @ 3.00 little stake :hope

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Glasgow v Toulouse Toulouse come into this game on the backend of a near disaster against Bath and this will surely be the spark for some Toulouse fireworks. Toulouse were frustrated by a concentrated Bath effort, a team who are top of the Guinness Premiership! Glasgow are nowhere near this sort of standard and although they gave Munster a run for their money recently I do not believe that Munster are anywhere near the same standard as last season-yet. Toulousain pride was hurt by Bath last week and I fear Glasgow are going to be the sacrificial lamb for the slaughter. Toulouse this season in the Top 14 have been destroying the lesser teams in that league and I am afraid Glasgow would definately be this type of team. Montauban v Toulouse 10-41 Castres v Toulouse 10-28 Glasgow do have Dan Parks back but penalties are not all that is required for this game, they have been too hit or miss this season and tries have been hard to come by, except against the Scarlets (a one off!) Glasgow may keep it close up until half time but ultimately they do not have the firepower to deal with a team like Toulouse in full riot mode. Altenative Handicap Toulouse winning margin P.Power 11-20 points 3/1 21-30 points 5/1

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Nice write ups guys. Unlucky with the Brive bets

Glasgow v Toulouse Altenative Handicap Toulouse winning margin P.Power 11-20 points 3/1 21-30 points 5/1
I'd be careful backing Glasgow to lose by a big margin. Whilst they don't travel too well, they have a good home record and have only lost 3 times at home in the last 2 years and never by more than 4 points (see below for their home record).

Date Played

Venue

Opponent

WLD

Score For

Score Against

Match Type

26/09/2008

h

w

Magners League

12/09/2008

h

l

Magners League

18/04/2008

h

w

Magners League

11/04/2008

h

w

Magners League

29/02/2008

h

w

Magners League

18/01/2008

h

l

Heineken Cup

04/01/2008

h

l

Magners League

09/12/2007

h

w

Heineken Cup

23/11/2007

h

w

Magners League

16/11/2007

h

w

Heineken Cup

02/11/2007

h

w

Magners League

26/10/2007

h

d

Magners League

12/10/2007

h

w

Magners League

05/10/2007

h

w

Magners League

Biarritz were odds on last HC to beat them but came unstuck. Tomorrow's weather forecast shows rain in Glasgow from early morning onwards lasting throughout the day so conditions won't be good for a high scoring game. Toulouse are a very good side but do lose on the road to average teams. Indeed, they have a 50% away win rate over the last 16 games (see below for their away record)

Date Played

Venue

Opponent

WLD

Score For

Score Against

Match Type

03/10/2008

a

w

French Super 14

20/09/2008

a

w

French Super 14

13/09/2008

a

l

French Super 14

26/08/2008

a

l

French Super 14

28/06/2008

a

w

French Elite Final

22/06/2008

a

w

French Elite S-Final

03/06/2008

a

l

French Super 14

30/05/2008

a

l

French Super 14

24/05/2008

a

l

Heineken Cup Final

11/05/2008

a

l

French Super 14

26/04/2008

a

w

Heineken Cup S-Final

12/04/2008

a

Albi

w

French Super 14

22/03/2008

a

l

French Super 14

08/03/2008

a

w

French Super 14

01/03/2008

a

l

French Super 14

09/02/2008

a

w

French Super 14

If I were to bet on this game I would either go: Glasgow outright @ 3.75 - PaddyPower Glasgow on the handicap (+9) @ 1.9 - PaddyPower Total Points under 38.5 @ 1.83 - 888Sport Good luck with your bets W

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2

I got the results data from Eurorugby.com. Its a really good site to research European Rugby results and well worth a view. Link is: http://www.eurorugby.com/index.php
I have never seen this sight before and I will look over it with interest but I wouldn't pay too much notice to their Ranking's table. Saracens are definately better than 18th place!

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Mont de Marsan - Bayonne Mont-de-Marsan: 15 Nicolas Leroux, 14 Karim Abbad, 13 Simon Ternisien, 12 Murphy Taele, 11 Baptiste Chedal-Bornu, 10 Frederic Urruty, 9 Francois Tandonnet ©, 8 Marc Giraud, 7 Philip van Schalkwyk, 6 Roland Bernard, 5 Frédéric Rawls, 4 Luke Tait, 3 Sebastien Ormaechea, 2 Romain Lauga, 1 Nicolas Etcheverry. Replacements: 16 Cyriel Blanchard, 17 Ben Coutts, 18 Guillaume Leleu, 19 Laurent Travini, 20 Jerome Carre, 21 Yann Brethous, 22 Jean Baptiste Dubié. Bayonne: 15 Pepito Elhorga, 14 Jean Baptiste Peyras, 13 Thibault Lacroix, 12 Craig Gower, 11 Filimone Bolavucu, 10 Manny Edmonds, 9 Cedric Garcia, 8 Dwayne Haare, 7 Rémy Martin ©, 6 Guillaume Bernad, 5 Mikaera Tewhata, 4 Robin Linde, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Arnaud Heguy, 1 Julian Fiorini. Replacements: 16 Matias Cortese, 17 Denis Avril, 18 Nicolas Laffite, 19 Jacques Deen, 20 Mickael Lopez-Herrero, 21 Mathieu Maillard, 22 Benjamin Fall. Bayonne after thier mistake no match vs Viadana last week goes to Mont de Marsan with lot of come back and almost a full squad.Mont de Marsan choose to make some turnover for this match.Actually last in top14 Mont de Marsan seems more concentrate on saving their season in top14 than make some result in Europeen challenge cup. Bayonne -5.5 centrebet 1.90 middle/high stake :hope

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 thx wump for weather report Glasgow v Toulouse Glasgow: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Max Evans, 12 Graeme Morrison, 11 Thom Evans, 10 Dan Parks, 9 Mark McMillan, 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 John Barclay, 6 Richie Vernon, 5 Alastair Kellock ©, 4 Dan Turner, 3 Ed Kalman, 2 Dougie Hall, 1 Kevin Tkachuk. Replacements: 16 Pat MacArthur, 17 Moray Low, 18 Tim Barker, 19 Kelly Brown, 20 Ruaridh Jackson, 21 Colin Gregor, 22 Andrew Henderson Toulouse: 15 Clément Poitrenaud, 14 Manu Ahotaeiloa, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Yannick Jauzion, 11 Maxime Medard, 10 David Skrela, 9 Byron Kelleher, 8 Shaun Sowerby, 7 Thierry Dusautoir, 6 Yannick Nyanga, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Fabien Pelous, 3 Salvatore Perugini, 2 William Servat, 1 Daan Human. Replacements: 16 Alberto Vernet Basualdo, 17 Jean-Baptiste Poux, 18 Romain Millo-Chluski, 19 Jean Bouilhou, 20 Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, 21 Cédric Heymans, 22 Maleli Kunavore. Preview: http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,18259,3822_4343874,00.html Opening match of this 2nd round in H cup tonight.Toulouse after is short win vs Bath last week with a penality in add time, fly to Glasgow with all their start and the best 15 possible.Toulouse see the come back of Poitrenaud and Medard move to 11.Glasgow loose their 1st match too and tonight receive a serious pretender for the H cup winner and i think there is a class between these team.Bath almost make a suprise last week with a very hard defence but Glasgow got a completly different Rugby and can suffer when Toulouse will start to play their Rugby My call : Toulouse -2 @ 1.50 stanjames middle/high stake

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Ospreys v Perpignan Ospreys: 15 Lee Byrne, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 James Hook, 11 Shane Williams, 10 Daniel Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Filo Tiatia, 7 Marty Holah, 6 Ryan Jones ©, 5 Ian Evans, 4 Alun-wyn Jones, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Huw Bennett, 1 Paul James. Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Ian Gough, 19 Andrew Lloyd, 20 Tom Smith, 21 David Bishop, 22 Jonny Vaughton. Perpignan: 15 Jérôme Porical, 14 Adrien Plante, 13 Farid Sid, 12 Christophe Manas, 11 Julien Candelon, 10 David Mele, 9 Chris Cusiter, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Jean-Pierre Perez, 6 Gerrie Britz, 5 Rimas Alvarez Kairelis, 4 Olivier Olibeau, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Marius Tincu, 1 Perry Freshwater © Replacements: 16 Guilhem Guirado, 17 Kisi Pulu, 18 Guillaume Vilaceca, 19 Bertrand Guiry, 20 Viliami Vaki, 21 Nicolas Durand, 22 Philip Burger. Preview : http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3551_4348186,00.html 1st round result: 10/10/2008 Perpignan - Trévise 27 - 16 12/10/2008 Leicester - Ospreys 12 - 6 Both team suffer in first round.Perpignan not manage to score 4 try and come back with offencive bonus point vs Italian of Treviso .Ospreys suffer vs Leicester with a realy strong match but come back witha defencive bonus point very important. For this match both team got injury player Injury for USAP: GrandClaude,Hines, Tonita, Le Corvec, Tuilagi, Hume, Laharrague, Meyer, Mermoz, Marty, Vivalda, Aniès Injury for Ospreys:Sonny Parker, Jonathan Thomas, Nikki Walker , Gavin Henson Huge list of injury for Perpignan and coach must let David Melé at number 10 for the second time of his carrer after match against Treviso.Ospreys got advantage to receive in this match .Even if french team got a good forward pack, the unexperience back line will suffer against star player like Shane Williams,James Hook or Lee Byrne Ospreys -9 @1.85 interwetten medium stake

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Harlequins v Ulster Not much value betting to be found on this game, I reckon the Bookies have got this one covered Harlequins -16. I watch Harlequins a lot as they are my local team and since their promotion they have continued to improve. The team that Dean Richards has put together are not superstars but good honest hard workers and most importantly they play as a team! They have the ability to score quickly, which they showed against Worcester recently and although not the biggest set of forwards or backs their defence is pretty solid. They also have the best bonus point record in the premiership at the moment. Ulster are a team currently in free fall and are desperatly trying to find some form, after speaking with some of my friends who watch Ulster they are going to the game expecting a kicking! Their is a possible form line through the Ospreys Ospreys 43-0 Ulster Magners League Ospreys 24-23 Quins EDF Anglo Welsh Cup If Harlequins get into their stride early on this could be over by half time, their only possible weakness is Malone at Fly Half but he has been surprising us recently with some solid displays. I will be at todays game and it looks like good Rugby playing weather here in Twickenham today. Harlequins winning points difference 11-20 14/5 21-30 7/2 both with P.Power

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Viadana v Saracens Viadana: 15 Steven Bortolussi, 14 Kaine Robertson, 13 Garry Law, 12 Sam Cox, 11 Isy Coalala, 10 Charlie Hore, 9 Pablo Canavosio, 8 Jaco Erasmus, 7 Aldo Birchall, 6 Joshua Sole, 5 Quintin Geldenhuys, 4 Gavin Quinnell, 3 Ignacio Rouyet, 2 Juan Battilana, 1 Miguel Alonso. Replacements: 16 Roberto Santamaria, 17 Mattia Cagna, 18 Andrea Benatti, 19 Phil Murphy, 20 Ross Curle, 21 Samuele Pace, 22 Lloyd Johansson. Saracens: 15 Chris Wyles, 14 rodd Penney, 13 Kevin Sorrell, 12 Andy Farrell (Co-captain), 11 Kameli Ratuvou, 10 Glen Jackson, 9 Neil de Kock, 8 Michael Owen, 7 Andy Saull, 6 Chris Jack, 5 Hugh Vyvyan, 4 Steve Borthwick (Co-captain), 3 Cencus Johnston, 2 Fabio Ongaro, 1 Matias Aguero. Replacements: 16 Matt Cairns, 17 tom Mercey, 18 Nick Lloyd, 19 Donald Barrell, 20 Moses Rauluni, 21 Gordon Ross, 22 Noah Cato. Preview : http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3970_4344486,00.html 1st round result : 10 Oct Bayonne v Viadana 10-21 12 Oct Saracens v Mont-de-Marsan 53-3 Both team win their 1st match last week and tonight they play for 1st place of the pool.Saracens trash Mont de Marsan at home without problem and Viadana make suprise with a win at Bayonne who make lot of turnover.For sure Saracens coach see this game and chosse to fly with his best team for this game.Book open a cap around -15.5 and i think is under estimated for Saracens.Ok they play 2 day after Viadana but if you considering that Bayonne make turnover vs Viadana and saracens not suffer to beat Mont de Marsan and keep the same squad for playing Viadana cap is a good try for this game. I must admit that English team in this europeen challenge cup is really better than Fench one.Only Montpellier got some chance icon_sad.gif My call Saracens -15.5 little/medium stake

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Ospreys v Perpignan Nice write up Federer :ok Only thing I would add to this is that this game will truly be a survival of the fittest due to the amount of injuries on both sides. The Ospreys will need to rely on Hooks penalty kicking ability and hope that Perpignan give him plenty of opportunities. I do not think Tiatia will have the same impact against the Catalans as he did against Leicester and that goes for the Ospreys pack in general. Perpignan have named 5 out 7 forwards on their bench so this may give us a clue on how they intend to play today. Another thing that works against Perpignan are the ELV's, Rugby can no longer be dominated by big forwards who shove the ball up their shirts, or so it seems at this moment in time. I would expect a low scoring game with few trys today.

Betfair Ospreys to score under -23.5pts 3.35

Harlequins v Ulster Not much value betting to be found on this game, I reckon the Bookies have got this one covered Harlequins -16. I watch Harlequins a lot as they are my local team and since their promotion they have continued to improve. The team that Dean Richards has put together are not superstars but good honest hard workers and most importantly they play as a team! They have the ability to score quickly, which they showed against Worcester recently and although not the biggest set of forwards or backs their defence is pretty solid. They also have the best bonus point record in the premiership at the moment. Ulster are a team currently in free fall and are desperatly trying to find some form, after speaking with some of my friends who watch Ulster they are going to the game expecting a kicking! Their is a possible form line through the Ospreys Ospreys 43-0 Ulster Magners League Ospreys 24-23 Quins EDF Anglo Welsh Cup If Harlequins get into their stride early on this could be over by half time, their only possible weakness is Malone at Fly Half but he has been surprising us recently with some solid displays. I will be at todays game and it looks like good Rugby playing weather here in Twickenham today. Harlequins winning points difference 11-20 14/5 21-30 7/2 both with P.Power
thx for info Nigel i will try a alternative handicap combin on 3 match here and i will call it Don't let the defencive bonus point::hope Harlequins -7.5 @ 1.38 stade Francais -7.5 @ 1.38 Ospreys -4.5 @1.35 Total @ 2.58 bet365 little stake

Pool 2 Leinster V Wasps 17.30 18 Oct. This game goes a long way to deciding who comes out top in this Pool. I believe Leinster need to improve even on their last performance against Edinburgh and if they play like they did against Connaught then they can forget it! Leinster's strength lies with their backs and the boot of Contepomi. In the game against Edinburgh, Leinster took early control via their backs but Edinburgh were their own worst enemies by missing penalties and poor play, which gifted the game to Leinster. Against Connaught their pack was unable to dominate a seven man pack after Connaught had a man sent off. Wasps on the other hand after a shakey start to their season are beginning to fire, they took care of a potential banana skin in Castres quite easily. They certainly have the backs and defence to deal with Leinster's backs and I believe it is in the forwards where they have the upper hand. Wasps have proved this season that they have the ability to win away from home and they know how to tough it out, Leicester away being the example of this. I believe Wasps are capeable of turning Leinster over, if they can stay penalty free within Contepomi's range and stop their backline then it's Wasps for the taking but it will be close. Alternative Winning Margin Wasps by 1-10 16/5 P.Power
The teams: Leinster: 15 Girvan Dempsey, 14 Shane Horgan, 13 Brian O'Driscoll, 12 Luke Fitzgerald, 11 Rob Kearney, 10 Felipe Contepomi, 9 Chris Whitaker, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Shane Jennings, 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Malcolm O'Kelly, 4 Leo Cullen ©, 3 CJ Van Der Linde, 2 Bernard Jackman 1 Stan Wright. Replacements: 16 John Fogarty, 17 Cian Healy, 18 Devin Toner, 19 Stephen Keogh, 20 Chris Keane, 21 Johnny Sexton, 22 Gary Brown. Wasps: 15 Jeremy Staunton, 14 Paul Sackey, 13 Josh Lewsey, 12 Riki Flutey, 11 Tom Voyce, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Eoin Reddan, 8 Joe Worsley, 7 Tom Rees, 6 James Haskell, 5 Tom Palmer, 4 Simon Shaw, 3 Phil Vickery, 2 Raphael Ibanez ©, 1 Tim Payne. Reaplcements: 16 Rob Webber 17 Pat Barnard, 18 Richard Birkett, 19 Serge Betsen, 20 Mark Robinson, 21 Mark Van Gisbergen, 22 John Hart 1st round result :
11 OctEdinburgh v Leinster13.35Murrayfield16-27
12 OctWasps v Castres15.00Adams Park25-11
Both team win their 1st match.Leinster got 2 day more for prepare this game but i think will be a close game.Like Nigel say i do'nt think odd are right on this bet, i will see it 1.60/2.40.Even if Wasps make a bad start of season in Premiership H cup is another thing and motivation is other.Loose the bonus point against Castres and Leinster win at Murrayfield with bonus point .Wasps must make something this afternoon if want to hope 1st place finish. Wasps +6.5 @ 1.90 little/medium stake

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Sale v Munster I am posting my thoughts on this match early beacause after going to the Harlequins game this afternoon I do not believe I will be able to speak tomorrow let alone type! I believe Sale will match Munster in every part of the game tomorrow, except maybe for supporters. I think the Bookies have got this wrong they by making Munster favorites, Sale are a strong defensive side also capeable of scoring lots of points, they have bogs of experience throughout the team and they also have three penalty kickers! Munster's forwards will not dominate Sale and they showed last week against Montauban that they can be exploited in the set piece and around the rucks. The ELV's have not been kind to Munster they cannot grind out wins like thay have done in the past. Sale for me can overturn a misfiring Munster outfit! Sale to win by 1-5pts 9/2 Sale to win by 6-10pts 6/1 Both P.Power Good Luck everyone!

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Rovigo v Dax Rovigo: 15 Stefan Basson, 14 Pablo Calanchini, 13 Gabriel Pizarro, 12 Norman di Maura, 11 Andrea Bacchetti, 10 Stefano Ambrosio, 9 Stefano Canale, 8 Jacobus Immelman, 7 Alfredo Giuria, 6 Niccolò Badocchi, 5 Johan Britz, 4 Marco Barion, 3 Juan Pablo Orlandi, 2 Luke Mahoney, 1 Bruno Fortuna. Replacements: 16 Andrea De Marchi, 17 Valerio Vicere, 18 Simone Favaro, 19 Younes Anouer, 20 Juan Cruz Legora, 21 Emanuel Pellegrini, 22 Nicola Pavin. Dax: 15 Laurent Diaz, 14 Bruno Hiriart, 13 Laurent Marticorena, 12 Duncan Bell, 11 Paul Albaladejo, 10 Maxime Petitjean, 9 Nicolas Morlaes, 8 Vincent Deniau, 7 Jean-Baptiste Cros, 6 Bastien Adrillon, 5 Pierre Caillet, 4 Cédric Guironnet, 3 Jérémy Castex, 2 Jimmy Jaen, 1 Julien Brugnaut. Replacements: 16 Mattin Auzqui, 17 Yves Pedros, 18 Kane Thompson, 19 Jean-Baptiste Pezet, 20 Justin Pendanx, 21 Florian Argel, 22 Jordi Rouge. 1st round result : 10 Oct Dax v Connacht 19.00 Maurice Boyeau 12-30 11 Oct London Irish v Rovigo 15.00 Madejski 78-3 Both team loose their 1st match and Dax fly to Italy with a lot of turnover for this match .Rovigo chosse to let their best player in Italy for the trash score vs Irish and this afternoon we will see the best15 .Vs a dax team who choose to make lot of change seems good try is to pick Italian handi here Roviogo +8.5 @ 1.90 centrebet middle stake

Harlequins v Ulster Not much value betting to be found on this game, I reckon the Bookies have got this one covered Harlequins -16. I watch Harlequins a lot as they are my local team and since their promotion they have continued to improve. The team that Dean Richards has put together are not superstars but good honest hard workers and most importantly they play as a team! They have the ability to score quickly, which they showed against Worcester recently and although not the biggest set of forwards or backs their defence is pretty solid. They also have the best bonus point record in the premiership at the moment. Ulster are a team currently in free fall and are desperatly trying to find some form, after speaking with some of my friends who watch Ulster they are going to the game expecting a kicking! Their is a possible form line through the Ospreys Ospreys 43-0 Ulster Magners League Ospreys 24-23 Quins EDF Anglo Welsh Cup If Harlequins get into their stride early on this could be over by half time, their only possible weakness is Malone at Fly Half but he has been surprising us recently with some solid displays. I will be at todays game and it looks like good Rugby playing weather here in Twickenham today. Harlequins winning points difference 11-20 14/5 21-30 7/2 both with P.Power
Harlequins:'>42 - 21Ulster
:nana:nana

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 Montauban v Clermont Montauban: 15 Julien laharrague, 14 Yoan Audrin, 13 Jean-Philippe Viard, 12 Rida Jahouer, 11 Vilimoni Delasau, 10 Régis Lespinas, 9 Petre Mitu, 8 Matthew Clarkin, 7 Marc Raynaud © 6 Yannick Caballero, 5 Rowan Frost, 4 Karim Ghezal, 3 Nick Adams, 2 Brice Mach, 1 Goderzi Shvelidze. Replacements: 16 Grégory Parriel, 17 Laurent del Boulbes, 18 Benjamin Sa, 19 Scott Murray, 20 Abdellatif Boutaty, 21 Fabien Fortassin, 22 Julien Audy. Clermont: 15 Benoît Baby, 14 Napolioni Nalaga, 13 Gonzalo Canale, 12 Seremaïa Baï, 11 Julien Malzieu, 10 Brock James, 9 Pierre Mignoni, 8 Elvis Vermeulen ©, 7 Alexandre Audebert, 6 Julien Bonnaire, 5 Christophe Samson, 4 Julien Pierre, 3 Jacobus Roux, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Simms Davison. Replacements: 16 Mirko Lozupone, 17 Thomas Domingo, 18 Loic Jacquet, 19 Emmanuel Etien; 20 John Senio, 21 Anthony Floch, 22 Arnaud Mignardi. Preview : http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,3822_4348419,00.html French opposition this afternoon : both team lost their first match.Clermont was trashed at home by Sale and Montauban came back with defencive bonus point vs last H Cup winner.Clermont coming with their best squad and must react after the 1st no match.Montauban who thought they have no chance in this pool see ,after good match at Munster,a poosibility of qualification and will try to take it.Clermont got a great back line and i think will make trouble.Over is really intresting bet here weather seems fine and if Clermont make a good spread difference in 1st half will continue to attack and trying to come back with offencive bonus point.Montauban got potential to score too specially with a good forward line and experience player like Mitu and Laharrague Over 40.5 @ 1.85 middle stake

Re: Heineken Cup ROUND 2 I thought I would post a few thoughts now the first two rounds have been completed. Overall a couple of results went my way and those that didn't well C'est la vie. Pool 1 - Has probably gone the way it was expected but saying this I believe it has a long way to go yet. Munster have got to travel to France twice and I do not believe the French sides in this pool will roll over for the Munster boys, especially Clermont as they are still in with a chance. Pool 2 - This has been a bit of a let down in as much as Wasps were blown away by Leinster and in my eyes it's Leinster's pool to lose. Wasps have got to travel to Edinburgh next, which will not be an easy game as Edinburgh are sitting in second place and really this is a must win game for Wasps because Leinster go to Castres next and I cannot see Leinster slipping up against the frenchmen. Pool 3 - I would like to say this is Leicester's for the taking but I simply cannot with any conviction! As they proved against the Ospreys they are not yet capable of putting the top teams to the sword, I hope the Treviso game gave them a taste for this but I am yet to be convinced. Both the Ospreys & Perpignan are struggling desperately with injuries and I imagine that Perpignan cannot wait for Dan Carter to arrive! Leicester in the next two rounds play Perpignan home & away this will surely decide how far Leicester go in this competition, I hate to say it but they are still my favorites to go through. Pool 4 - This is the pool for me, a straight shoot out between Stade & Harlequins. The next game is between these two in Paris at the Stade de France, what a venue and I am sure the match will not disappoint. Harlequins are the most improved club, I was in Paris for the game last time they met and I am sure the result will be closer this time. I believe it will come down to who can deliver the better result at home. I was at the Quins game last Saturday and at times they were really impressive, although Ulster put up a great fight Quins were out of sight by half time. Although I still favour Stade to win the pool I believe there is a best runners up spot for Quins if they can manage to win their games against the other two teams in the pool. I will be there at the Ulster game and cannot wait as the Ulster men were brilliant last Saturday in the bar! Pool 5 - I cannot look past Toulouse as winners of pool 5 even though Bath ran them close. Consistency is the key and I am afraid 18-16 away and then struggle to a 13-9 win at home is not what is required. Newport may still fancy their chances but Glasgow are already looking elsewhere for silverware. Pool 6 - This is not an easy pool to call, Cardiff are in the driving seat but they have to travel away to both Gloucester & Biarritz, but in all fairness they are the form team in the pool and have put points on the board. Biarritz are still in there and with both opponents to play at home they will fancy their chances. Gloucester are frustrating to say the least, they have all the talent and the ability to shoot themselves in both feet! Both Toulouse & Stade Francais are 9/2 to win Heineken Cup with Betfair still represents value.