Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues.

After some consideration I decided to open this thread if someone had any questions, comments or wonders about scandinavian footy. "Our" leagues are not the most popular media-wise throughout the world, but even so, the countries has generated many punters and gamblers that do good. Also its a place often filled with value concerning tight matches and odd results, which make it even more interesting... To maybe collect some more interest, a thread like this may contribute some and increase the activity on this section of PL. So, feel free to ask or contribute, but keep it serious though. Don`t need a thread with crappy posts and seemingly stupid comments!:ok

• 2 months later...

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Hi guys, this RIKU from Turkey. I want to learn about the rules of suspension in Scandinavia. Finland, Sweden(Allsvenskan&Superettan), Norway(Tippeligaen&Adeccoligaen), Denmark. After getting how many yellow cards, they become suspended? (both league and Cup games). how many matches are they suspended after getting a direct red card?

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues.

Hi guys, this RIKU from Turkey. I want to learn about the rules of suspension in Scandinavia. Finland, Sweden(Allsvenskan&Superettan), Norway(Tippeligaen&Adeccoligaen), Denmark. After getting how many yellow cards, they become suspended? (both league and Cup games). how many matches are they suspended after getting a direct red card?
:welcome to PL Riku! Will give a overview on your q`s by taking one nation at the time. Norway: * A one game suspension when a player reach 3 yellow cards, then another when 5 cards are reached. After that a player is suspended for each game he gets a yellow card. * If a player is red-carded the next match is an automatically ban. It depends on how serious the offence is if it would be more matches out. Sweden: * The same as for Norway except one thing. If a player gets 5 yellow cards he will not be automatically suspended if he gets another. You could say that he gets a suspension when reaching 3, 5, 7, 9 ---> bookings. Denmark: * Here a player gets suspended after 4 yellow cards, then the next 3 cards, then the next 2 cards and after that for each match played. To give an overview, after 4 matches ---> 7 matches ---> 9 matches ---> 10, 11 and so on. Finland: * A suspension for every time a player reaches 3 yellows. If a player has just been out, he need to collect 3 more to be suspended again. * After one red card a player is automatically banned for one game. If he gets another one later on, he/she is automatically banned for 2 games. Iceland: * Suspended after 4 yellows, then after the next 2 cards. If he gets 2 more the player is suspended for two matches, not one. Hope it could be helpful for you...:ok

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. First of all, thank you very much for your answer. As far as I understood, these rules, you wrote, are eligible for all official local games. I mean a player, who plays in Norway, has played one league and one cup games and he has collected two yellow cards. If he pick up another yellow card in the next fixture, is he suspended or not? Other Question is that there is a player who will be suspended due to picking up a red card or having suspended because of yellow cards. Is he suspended for league game or cup game? Is the answer next official game in his country? If so, could you explain this situation for the rest of scandinavian leagues? By the way, is there any website that shows suspensions for scandinavian leagues? (Maybe official leagues websites?)

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Hello Kim are you sure for this? " Norway: * A one game suspension when a player reach 3 yellow cards, then another when 5 cards are reached. After that a player is suspended for each game he gets a yellow card." I think is for each 2 y.c. after 3rd (3-5-7-9-11-13....)

First of all, thank you very much for your answer. As far as I understood, these rules, you wrote, are eligible for all official local games. I mean a player, who plays in Norway, has played one league and one cup games and he has collected two yellow cards. If he pick up another yellow card in the next fixture, is he suspended or not? Other Question is that there is a player who will be suspended due to picking up a red card or having suspended because of yellow cards. Is he suspended for league game or cup game? Is the answer next official game in his country? If so, could you explain this situation for the rest of scandinavian leagues? By the way, is there any website that shows suspensions for scandinavian leagues? (Maybe official leagues websites?)
The league and cup matches are treated as different competitions. If you get a red card in a cup match, the next one (if the team succeds, the player will be suspended). None of the competitions have effect on each other...

• 2 months later...

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. I know almost half Tippeligaen clubs play on arteficial turf: - Tromsø - Bodø Glimt - Aalesund - Odd Grenland - Sandefjord - Strømsgodset - Stabæk from this season, too... Can anyone from Norway list more stadiums with arteficial grass in Tippeligaen? Could be nice if its possible with Adecco alike. ...as well as in Finland, Sweden or Denmark... thx in adv

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Hi all, I was thinking of maybe having a few bets in the Scandanvian leagues during the off season in the UK but don't know a great deal so will be looking for some help from local punters such as yourselves. Of the Scandanavian based gamblers on Punters Lounge, which teams do you support / attend the games of and which teams or leagues can you offer good informaton / special knowledge of betting on ? As for me, I am a season ticket holder at Chester City so usually contribute to the League 2 element of the UK football thread. :drums

I know almost half Tippeligaen clubs play on arteficial turf: - Tromsø - Bodø Glimt - Aalesund - Odd Grenland - Sandefjord - Strømsgodset - Stabæk from this season, too... Can anyone from Norway list more stadiums with arteficial grass in Tippeligaen? Could be nice if its possible with Adecco alike. ...as well as in Finland, Sweden or Denmark... thx in adv
In Tippeligaen all of the clubs you mention, except Sandefjord is playing on artificial grass. Will be back with the teams in the Adecco later...:ok

Hi all, I was thinking of maybe having a few bets in the Scandanvian leagues during the off season in the UK but don't know a great deal so will be looking for some help from local punters such as yourselves. Of the Scandanavian based gamblers on Punters Lounge, which teams do you support / attend the games of and which teams or leagues can you offer good informaton / special knowledge of betting on ? As for me, I am a season ticket holder at Chester City so usually contribute to the League 2 element of the UK football thread. :drums
Nice to see you willing to take part in this section throughout the coming season. I will provide some write-ups concerning the norwegian footy and some swedish too. Looking forward to you contributing subs!:ok

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Monty, here is an overview of the stadiums in the Adeccoleague: Alta: Finnmarkshallen - Indoors and with artificial turf (naturally). Bryne: Bryne stadion - Natural grass. HamKam: Briskeby gressbane - Natural grass. Haugesund: Haugesund stadion - Natural grass. Hønefoss: Hønefoss Idrettspark - Artificial grass. Kongsvinger: Gjemselund stadion - Natural grass. Løv-Ham: Varden Amfi - Artificial grass. Mjøndalen: Nedre eiker stadion - Natural grass. Moss: Melløs stadion - Natural grass. Nybergsund: Nybergsund stadion - Artificial grass. Notodden: Idrettsparken - Artificial grass. Sarpsborg 08: Sarpsborg stadion - Artificial grass. Skeid: Bislett stadion - Natural grass. Sogndal: Fosshaugane Campus - Natural grass. Stavanger: SIF kunstgressbane - Artificial grass. Tromsdalen: Tromsdalen krøllgress - Artificial grass.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Thanks for taking the time to help educate those of us who are interested in Scandanavian soccer but don't know much other than the big teams, i.e. Rosenberg, FC Kopenhagen, Bronby, Aalborg, IK Goteborg, etc...

• 1 month later...

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Hello Where can I find the Norwegian footie discussions, forums, the meeting place for the fans or so? I understand that this is in Norwegian, but where? Also is there available any Norwegian sport/football portal, news website or smth like that? Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. hi guys - what a wealth of information. i am new to the scanda leagues, but am struggling to find a website with the amount of corners in each game. are there any good uns? :) thanks in advance.

Re: Q and A`s about the scandinavian leagues. Hi. I am new to Scandinavian football too. I was wondering are we right to assume that good teams have a home advantage in their stadiums, & rarely loose? If they do loose is it to good top opposition? Or is there an unpredictability about the leagues? Ie: in 6 home games in sweeden IFK Gothenburg lost 0 Elfsborg lost 0 Ie: in 6 home games in Norway Odd Grenland lost 0 Sandefjord lost 0 Rosenborg lost 0 Ie: in 5 home games in Finland HJK lost 0 FC Lahti lost 0 Any thoughts, advise appreciated

Kimera, Just intereseted to know why in Denmark 1st Div all Koge BK and FC Amager games are deemed 3-0 wins to opponents - have these teams gone into administration?
Well, that I actually don`t know much about. Maybe Rumlesen or Jonne will be able to fill you in on that issue...

Hi All, I am looking for a site to provide me with the current seasons fixtures, and also the last 5/6 seasons worth of results. Thats all I need, no corner, shots on target or scorer information. Just the fixture date and result. Preferebly a site that allows me to download into excel. Thanks in advance Edited to add - I should state I am after the Swedish 1st and 2nd divisions.

Hi All, I am looking for a site to provide me with the current seasons fixtures, and also the last 5/6 seasons worth of results. Thats all I need, no corner, shots on target or scorer information. Just the fixture date and result. Preferebly a site that allows me to download into excel. Thanks in advance Edited to add - I should state I am after the Swedish 1st and 2nd divisions.
Use the links above, and you will find what you are looking for...:ok