** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Slap's Cool Million Challenge

slapdash

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge

I think your exchange rates are wrong :unsure The dollar value should be larger than the Euro value.....
:$ As I was saying ... Not played that much since the last post: just 11 at €50 on Boss, of which I won 7, for a profit of €95 or $122. Current bank $394. [My exchange rate was OK. I just typed "55 euros in dollars" into Google, for some reason.]

Played five €50's and won four. Played one €100 and won. €216 = $279.16. Current bank $673. Wheeeee! In profit! :nana
I can afford a $112 Double-or-Nothing satellite to the Sunday Warmup now, so I've registered for one. Not sure if it's sensible, but it will be ineresting to see if these satellites attract people who haven't really thought about the structure. Having said that, I've been registered for 10 minutes now, and I'm still the only one! :lol

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge I was registered for that satellite for over an hour, and nobody else joined, so I gave up. Won 3, lost 4 at €50, won one at €100 on Boss, for a net profit of €6=$7.65, making my bank $681. I'm going to use $110 to play the LEOCOP $10k added Deepstack on Ladbrokes tonight. Current bank: $571. MTT entries: $110. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $600 remaining in bank.

No return from the MTT. Played nine more at €50 on Boss, and won eight, for a net profit of €305 = $395.83. Current bank: $967. MTT entries: $110. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $600 remaining in bank.
AWESOME RESULTS!!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Thanks, aldric. I think it must be time for a losing spell soon. I played six more at €50 and won three, for a net loss of €30 = $38.75. Not sure that counts as a losing spell, but it could be the tipping point. Current bank: $928. MTT entries: $110. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $600 remaining in bank.

Thanks' date=' aldric. I think it must be time for a losing spell soon.[/quote'] Me and my big mouth! :wall Played seven at €50, won two, for a net loss of €185 = $235.65. Current bank: $692. MTT entries: $110. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $600 remaining in bank.

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge When you lose, what can you attribute it to? Pushing with average hands and running into somebody with a monster? Does your money always go in pre-flop? Is it pushing and getting called by marginal hands that shouldn't be calling, but are ahead of what you're pushing?

When you lose, what can you attribute it to? Pushing with average hands and running into somebody with a monster? Does your money always go in pre-flop? Is it pushing and getting called by marginal hands that shouldn't be calling, but are ahead of what you're pushing?
Well, my long-term strike rate at this level is around 63%, so I could put a spell of seven games with only two wins down to variance. In this case, I played three games earlier this evening (lost them all) when I wasn't really concentrating as much as I should, and in two of them I let myself get too short-stacked and ended up needing to get lucky with little or no fold equity. In the other games I ran into big hands (AA and AK) a couple of times, and didn't get lucky, and once got called by a worse hand and got unlucky.

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Yeah, your strike rate has inspired all these copycat challenges ;) I meant in general when you lose them. I can't ascertain any particular leak when it comes to my bust hands, it's just a case of playing tight, without having any hands you're happy to commit with, finally ending up at 150/300 Level, with ~1100 chips, picking your time to push and getting called by somebody with 'a hand' - be it a biggish Ace, or a PP. Was just wondering, as you have played considerably more of these, whether you had identified any particular leak in your losing games, or if it is just down to what I have mentioned above :ok

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Well, sometimes I do something stupid, but in general I'm shoving a few hands per game, and sometimes I'm called, and sometimes the player who calls beats me. :D If you want to break it down, then at a rough estimate, of the times I lose without getting ridiculously short-stacked; 5% I call with a worse hand and lose. 10% I call with a better hand and lose. 20% I get called by a worse hand and lose. 50% I get called by a better hand that I wouldn't have called with and lose. 15% I get called with a better hand that I would have called with and lose. I'm not complaining about the people who call me with hands I wouldn't call with, as that's how the other players get knocked out.

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Stopped the slide ... just. Won two, lost three at €50. Won one at €100. Net profit €16 = $20.38. I was rather lucky in the €100 one. It lasted until the 300/600 level, and I was all-in and called by a bigger stack three times, once as a moderate underdog and twice as a slight favourite, and (obviously!) won them all. Current bank: $712. MTT entries: $110. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $600 remaining in bank.

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Didn't cash in the MTT, so $112 dollars down. I also played four more €50's on Boss, winning two, for a loss of €20 = $25.48. Current bank: $575. MTT entries: $425. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $700 remaining in bank.

I played (and won) a $112 double or nothing satellite on Stars for the Sunday Warm-Up' date=' which I've just started playing. I'll update the bank later.[/quote'] How did you find it played mate? Were there players not really understanding the differences in strategy as opposed to a normal STT?

How did you find it played mate? Were there players not really understanding the differences in strategy as opposed to a normal STT?
I think there were a few, yes. About half the players seemed to be playing a lot of pots as though it was "real poker" in the first few levels. Unfortunately, they just seemed to be passing the chips around the table, and nobody got eliminated early, or even very short-stacked. In the end, when it was down to seven or eight players and the blinds got high, it was played more like the coolers we know and love. At six players, I was favourite to bubble, but picked up a decent hand at the right time to double up. By the way, if you play these and win, you can't cash in for tournament dollars. You get a token that you have to use for a Sunday Warm-Up, though you can decide which week to play.

Re: Slap's Cool Million Challenge Played three @ €50 and won two, for a profit of €35 = $44.62. Think I may take a brief break, or at least cut down for a bit. The last few days I've been finding my concentration wandering. The last one of that set, I was playing a Rounders level 4 when it finished, and afterwards I honestly couldn't even remember whether I'd won the cooler, so I had to check on SharkScope! :lol Current bank: $620. MTT entries: $425. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $700 remaining in bank.

Think I may take a brief break, or at least cut down for a bit.
Yeah, I know what I said! :$ Just played 5, won 5 at €50, for a profit of €225 = $282.04. I think my enthusiasm's coming back. :D Current bank: $902. MTT entries: $425. MTT winnings: $0. Next MTT buy-in requires $700 remaining in bank.