Sat 11/10/08 - Best Bet of the Day

3.15 Musselburgh Tombi is a horse I've backed previously this season with success, as he won during May when I was at York. Howard Johnson's gelding has held his form well since with another decent effort at York and then a fair second behind the useful Godolphin runner Il Warrd last time out in a listed race at Redcar. He has proven he has the ability to go well at this level and although he has been racing over further, he ran well over the minimum trip at York last season when only beaten by 1.75 lengths. Many have claims in this open looking sprint, but at 14/1 Ladbrokes, I think he is worth a speculative Ew bet. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Sat 11/10/08 - Best Bet of the Day 325 Bangor : Quail EW I like this bet if the Racing Post F/C betting is anything like accurate, currently showing 6/1 and just about the same on BF. A definite improver, travelled well on his debut and just tired in the closing stages against two fairly decent novices. The only danger in my eyes is obviously the fav but cant be backed at such short odds, was modest most of last year and then improved no end but also pulled up in a race and then was a beaten fav back in May, first run after a break may be the time to catch him cold and could be a spring horse anyway so I wouldnt be surprised to see Quail give him a real race of it. A bet to nothing, just cant see this being out the frame (famous last words!)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.