Question?

Guest kojic2003

Guest kojic2003

Re: Question? ....but this is not what I want! :( I'm not expert for english,so maybe I explain that wrong. I want to know how can I make probability(chances) for home win,draw and away win. e.g. HOME TEAM win.....54% ......draw.....................25% ......AWAY TEAM win......21% So,can I calculate this or does I need some software for that?

Guest raylin47

Re: Question? I have the same problem ,I wonder if it depends on the type of software you are running to establish this result. If you look at liverpool v charlton today liverpool at home results are 8h 8d 1L does this mean that they have nearly a 47 % chance of a draw or approx 5% chance of losing.Or do you take Charlton data into consideration 6h 4d 7l or does it get more complicated than that?

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Question? Kojic, I know exactly what you want, that's why I moved it here. wink.gif You could use commercial software but it would involve a lot of testing to determine if the probabilites that it outputs are good enough to beat the odds. Chances are this is unlikely anyway. One way of doing it yourself is to estimate the expected scoring rate for each team in a game and use the poisson distribution to derive the match outcome probs. Another would be to devise a rating system and derive outcome probs. from the ratings difference between the teams. This involves a lot of backtesting over thousands of games to acquire the necessary information. No small task. No doubt there will be some other suggestions. You can then let us know if there is anything that particularly interests you.

Guest kojic2003

Re: Question? Thanks! I ask that because I saw some very unusualy percentages for some matches(e.g. Stockport in Friday) and I wonder how they make that.With that percentages Stockport is not favourit even he had better stats and better form.