** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My selections.

Guest Nick Phillips

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Apache Point wins at 8/1 Our bet returns a profit of 10.5 points. Tomorrows selection is in 3.35 at Lingfield and is Czarina Waltz to place. 11 points staked at a minimum of 1.50 for another horse that will not be far off winning the race, and should make the frame quite easily given recent performances. Good Luck Nick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, Well another winning selection today ends this run with a twelve point profit, which is at last the right direction. Long may it continue!!! Thursdays pick is 8 points to win on Ishandraz 3.45 Newton Abbot. Dropping several grades and having done well recently this Pipe/McCoy horse is fully expected to go very close indeed. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, Quick message today, Ishandraz failing dismally loses us 8 points at the start of this run Tomorrows selection is 4 pts to place on Shava 5.05 Ayr. Expect around 1.70 on Betfair. Good Luck Nick

Guest cjamars

Re: New run of bets Hi Nick Not sure if you have the time / interest but your thread would be easier to follow if you kept some sort of running total of bets , strike rate , profit (loss) , etc. I'm probably a bit slow though :o

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hello All, Sorry to be later than normal with todays selections, trust you will all get on today!! Well Shava let us down again to put us 12 points down on this run. Todays final selection for run number 7 is a 1.5 pt e/w double on Bali Royal 3.25 Musselburgh and Colway Ritz 3.45 Catterick at SP. Both these horses have good chances and should both place, and with a bit of luck the win double should come in to rescue most of the points lost in this run. The start of run number eight sees us switch to the football, and two matches which are bound to be competitive and should produce an winner of just over Evens when combined. Go to Scotland 3.00pm KO and select Rangers to win the Scottish Cup Final, and double with Bayern Munich to win the German Cup Final KO 6.30 pm. This double pays 2.07 with William Hill, unless you find better. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Cjamars Thanks for your comments, as far as strike rate etc go I shall have to work out how that stands. The bottom line is that since I started the site and making my selections I have made a profit of 97 points to date on completed runs ( in less than 2 months). If you want to see any more about the selections then PM me and I can give you the address. Thanks Nick

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: New run of bets Agree with CJ there, especially as you are trying to attract punters to your service. It's essential information for anyone considering signing up and I doubt if many will go throught the thread and do the work themselves. Rather than have punters ask for the web address, could you publish the summary data here?

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, Well the horses let us down but the football came in today, which means a profit of 5 points on the day. Selection for 1/6 - 12 pts Football Win double K.O. 5pm Barcelona and Feyenoord. 2.13 with BlueSq & William Hill. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. STATISTICS TO DATE - TWO MONTHS SELECTIONS AS ADVISED ON SITE. Number of Selections - 69 Winners - 33 Strike Rate 47.8% Profit advised month one 71.6 pts Profit advised month two 11.73 pts. It has been acknowledged previously in this thread that declaring a price for the Place Only selections has been based on what I either got or expected to achieve. Where that has been reduced due to withdrawals etc, then so have the profits declared. I have tried to be as close to what was available as possible. Due to the system used on the site, a run of bets is made to maximise any potential profit from a winning run occuring, and also to minimise the effect of any losing runs. Anything else you would like to know then please post here!! Thanks for you suggestions everyone. Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well a strange result for Feyenoord given league form but these things happen in the Cup I suppose so a loss of 12 points on the day. Monday sees a 4.30pm KO in the Finnish league and the selection is Haka to beat Lahti. 6 points placed at presently 1.50 with William Hill. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well todays winner Haka was 1.50 when I advised but I am aware that by lunchtime it had slipped to 1.36 so will return the profit made at that price, allowing for the fact that hopefully you were on early enough - Profit of 2.16 declared. Tomorrows selection is Miss Cool to win in the 2.30 at Newton Abbott. First time over jumps rather than hurdles, but surely A P McCoy would not make the trip for ( as I can see on Racing Post) one race, if it were not worth it!!! Have 4 points at 6/5 although better may be available on Betfair. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well Miss Cool let us and just about everyone else down yesterday as an unplaced favourite, so a loss of 4 points. 4/6 Bet One - 4.45 Newcastle - Major Attraction to place. 4.5 points staked. I expect we will get around 1.50 for the place on this. Bet Two - 9.10 Beverley - Penny Cross to place. Stake 6.5 points if Major Attraction places, 3 points if it doesn`t. This should be nearer evens for the place I should hope. Hope that is clear, best of luck!!! Nick.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well one let us down and another goes in today, both at shorter prices than anticipated. Major Attraction unplaced at odds of 1.40 Penny Cross wins at 4/1, but got 1.58 about the place, unless YOU did better!! Tomorrows final selection in this run :- 4 point treble on 3.05 Chepstow Isengard, 8.40 Uttoxeter Maiden Voyage, 9.10 Uttoxeter Samsaam. I will now be away for a few days so the next advised selections will be for SUNDAY 8th July, look out for them the night before as per usual. All the best Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. One non runner and the other two winning gave a profit of 9.82 points as SP. See you Sunday!!!

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Well a nice double to finish our last run returned us a slight profit for the run. 8/6 - A bit of a rejig going on on the site so bear with me whilst I update it. Sundays selection is three 2 point doubles and one 2 point treble in the Argentinian First Division on Velez Sarsfield, Boca Juniors and River Plate all to win.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Whoops, didn`t realise Velez were kicking off just after midnight so the selection is changed to an 8 point double on River Plate and Boca Juniors Cheers Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well a nice return on Sunday with River Plate and Boca Juniors both winning, at Evens with William Hill, unless you did any better!! Lucky in a way I got Velez Sarsfield`s KO wrong, they lost 1-0!!! Tomorrows selection is in the 2.15 at Newton Abbott and is 12 points on Saorsie to place. We should hopefully get around 1.80 for this , due to the hot favourite artificially extending the price of this previous Course and Distance winner. Best of Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well a great winner today, not only doing what we wanted which was to place, but it actually won the race at 8/1. I saw a minimum of 2.20 available whenever I looked, and I certainly got better so i hope you did. 14.4 points profit declared. Tomorrows selection is again in the place only market, on another Course and Distance winner, which actually won this race last year - 3.30 Redcar Summer Shades - 20 points to place. Have some win if you want to but the official bet is the place selection. As i write it is anticipated the selection will be around the 5/1 mark so hopefully Evens for the place will be available, if not better. Do your best and good luck. Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well another one goes in with Summer Shades coming second at 6/1, and therefore a slightly better than expected return for the place. So a price of 2.1 and 22 points profit declared, unless you did better!!! With this sort of bet I try to pick the odds but obviously this is only a guide the night before and hopefully I will underestimate most of the time - so do your best!! So we stand at a declared profit of 44.40 points for this run - just what it is all about. The final selection for this run is yet again on the place only market, but gives us four chances of scooping the jackpot for this run. 32 points to place on Peartree House in the 3.50 at Beverley. This is already on Betfair at 2.10 so I would expect it to be higher by the off, given the odds quoted elsewhere I would expect to be getting upwards of 2.50 by the off - again do your best. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hello everyone, Well a tremendous run is brought to the end by Peartree House placing as required and at a declared price of 2.10, again I and I hope many of you did better. So this run finishes 79 points in profit, just what this is all about. Tomorrows selection is 8 points to place on 3.25 Yarmouth Baytown Shamrock. The booking of Kieran Fallon on a horse that has placed in its last three races is of note. Prices up tonight range from 5/2 to 6/1 so a touch difficult to anticipate the price, but hopefully if it is at the upper reaches than we may get Evens Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Well a loss today of 8 points gets our present run off to a bad start. Tomorrow we have two selections. BET ONE - 4 points to place on 2.10 york charlie parkes, looks like we should be able to go for 3.50ish, based on prices as I speak. BET TWO - 2 points + half your total return if charlie parkes places, on a win double of 4.15 sandown pantone and 8.30 goodwood unscrupulous at SP. Cheers Nick PS - ANY FEEDBACK ANYONE!!!

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Well todays selections let us down to bring the run to an end with a loss of 14 points. We are still however 66 points up for the month. Selections for tomorrow are :- 14/6 BET ONE - 8 points to win Maiden Voyage 3.35 Hexham at SP - Should get more than EVENS. 14/6 BET TWO - 4 points US Major League Soccer K.O. 9pm Chicago Fire to beat Metro Stars, presently 5.00 with William Hill.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, So far today Maiden Voyage has won at Evens as predicted - profit 8 points. Chicago play tonight. Tomorrows Selection 2.00pm KO GMT Denmark 1st Division Farum to beat AAb - 2.20 with William Hill - 4 points staked. All the best Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well Farum let us down for a loss of 4 points but Saturday night Chicago Fire came up trumps and won 3-2 giving us a profit of 16 points. Selection for tomorrow is football again - Sweden KO 6.00pm GMT - Elfsborg to win at 2.40 with William hill - 18 points staked. Elfsborg are away against the bottom of the table who have only won 1 out of 9 and lost their last three at home, we should really take advantage of this poor form I hope!! NO BET FOR TUESDAY - I will next advise for Wednesday 18th June. Good luck

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Well after my personal performance at Royal Ascot today I shall steer well clear of a horse pick for the final selection of this run - don`t worry, I didn`t advise anything - just didn`t pick anything for myself either. Elfsborg drew 1-1 on monday night giving us a loss of 18 points. The selection for tomorrow is in the Danish Superligaen, kicking off at 6pm GMT, and the pick is Odense to beat Silkeborg at 1.70 odds with William Hill. 9 points staked.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: ...steak and sauce ;-] Hi Deadcert, As far as the stakes go any "run" that I have will lose a maximum of 15 points. Any winners that I have add value to the following bets in a run, so effectively you are betting with the bookies money at the end if a good run occurs. As far as what bank to have then it depends on how much you could afford to lose given a long losing run. 100 points would protect you for a losing spell of 6 runs without a single winner. But given we are working at an intended price of Evens then that would be a pretty bad run indeed - 24 losers at evens although possible would be very unlikely - indeed for the two completed months so far we have made a profit of 71 and 11 points respectively, with this month running at approximately 50 points profit to date. You would really need to see the site to decide how much bank you needed, but I would be confident that 100 points would be more than enough insurance given results to date. As this is done over the Internet, there are many sources of information for football all over the world, and this is really not a problem. Although obscure to some it is a simple task to find tables, results, form and fixtures - I have these all bookmarked on my own PC. I advise bets on leagues covered by William Hill for two reasons. Firstly they are well known, secondly people will be happy to bet with them and not worry about them disappearing. Although I am aware there may be better prices elsewhere, this is a sound footing for the time being, and not everywhere does singles on all games. Hope that answers your queries and PM me if you want the address of the site. Cheers Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

My Selections Hi there, Odense win a thriller 4-3 to return a 6.3 point profit and therefore a profit declared on this run of 8.3 points Tomorrows selection is Wendy`s Girl to place in 3.30 Southwell.5/1 in Racingpost so hopefully around the Evens mark for the place. 8 points staked and good luck!!

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hi there, Wendy`s Girl unplaced for the first bet of this run means we lose 8 points. Tomorrows selection is definately out of the ordinary but hopefully my explanation will answer why. This horse has been picked on this site before in a similar race at the same track and came third - placed as expected in an Each Way advice. It is a course and distance winner - and indeed is the only course winner in the race. If you ignore a poor run last time it has placed in 6 of its last 8 races.I would love it to do so again. Selection for 20/6 therefore is 4 points on Taranaki to place in the 5.30 at Ascot - presently at 8.20 on Betfair - but I would hope we get bigger than that. Excuse me for the build up if it fails - but nothing else springs out at me for tomorrow and this seems too good an opportunity to miss. Best of Luck Nick.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: My selections. Hello all, Well thanks to Taranaki for making me look silly - didn`t get a run however so the 17th place it got was a little harsh, but there we go. Back to normal service hopefully today. Selection One is a 1.5 point each way double on two horses tonight to finish off our latest run. 6.50 Lingfield Barrantes and 9.30 Wolverhampton Claptrap. Both have good chances and hopefully we will go close with this and recoup most of our losses on this run. Selection Two starts our next run and is an 8 point treble on todays football. Go to William Hill and pick Argentina - Lanus to beat Huracan (price 1.53), Brazil - Sao Paulo to beat Goais(1.30) and Intertoto Cup - OFK Belgrade to beat Trans Narva. This combination gives us a 6/4 winner if they all go in. Best of luck Nick