** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My selections.

Guest Nick Phillips

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: good stuff Result Border Tale wins at 5/2 but we got 1.75 for the place on Betfair. So a profit of 16.36 points on the day. Watch out later for tomorrows selection

Guest cjamars

Re: good stuff Nice tipping Nick. Etiquette around here usually means you put your prices up in advance ;) . How are you arriving at your selections. As it is it seems to be more a staking plan??

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: good stuff Good point cjamars, but given the market it is a bit difficult to price up although I did expect over Evens for the selection, ended up getting 1.75. Tomorrows selection is Sullane Storm 2.45 hereford to place 7 points staked and I would expect again to get over Evens for this. My selections are made as part of a staking plan as you rightly summize, this is explained more on the site but I generally try to get four "Evens" or better winning bets in a run to maximise the profits made in a set period. Thanks Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: .. Thanks for that, glad you made some profit. Unfortunately I don`t think I can put my address on here as it will be seen as free advertising, unless an admin can confirm otherwise. In the meantime keep checking back and I shall continue putting the selections up as often as possible, as I beleive ultimately I can reveal my address in the future, unless you find me beforehand through another route. Cheers Nick

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: .. Nick, use Ezboard private messaging to pass your details to anyone who asks for them. You have it turned on, just invite them to contact you via the system. You are correct, if your proofing to Joe goes well you will, if you wish, have a link here provided you post one to the PL on your site. In addition, you will have a link in your sig. if desired.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: .. Thanks for that admin:D Todays bet lost with Sullane Storm unplaced. Tomorrows bet is 20 points on Juventus to beat Real Madrid, presently around 6/4 on betfair. So if anyone does want the site contact me as indicated and I shall pass on the name. Thanks Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: .. Juventus win 3-1 so a profit of 29 points on the night and 64 points on the run which finishes with that bet. New run bet advised shortly!!!

Guest Nick Phillips

New run of bets 15th May - Horse/Football Double - 2.10 Perth Slooghy to win doubled with Finland 4.30 pm KO - HJK to beat Jokerit - 8 points staked. Should manage to get over Evens for the double, as is the double if placed on Betfair given odds available. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Slooghy N/R and HJK drew 1-1 = Loss 8 points 16th May 3.45 Yarmouth Bint Royal to place - 4 points staked. Should get the best part of evens about this one on Betfair. Cheers Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Bint Royal placed. I got 1.80 so profit of 3 points declared. Saturdays bet is an interesting one. Football Serie A - K.O. 2.00 pm GMT - Inter to beat Modena. Bundesliga K.0. 2.30pm GMT - Stuttgart to beat Bayern Munich. Both selections are battling to gain a Champions League place and their opposition both have effectively nothing to play for. Modena are safe enough in Serie A not to get dragged into the relegation zone, and Inter will be looking to bounce back from their mid week Champions League exit, by ensuring their place for next year. Munich have won the Bundesliga and although strong at home, Stuttgart again have everything to play for and are fancied to give the home team a tough time. Stake 4 points on Inter at 2.70, 2 points on Stuttgart at 4.20 and 1 point on the double, prices as with William Hill. If you do better elsewhere then well done!!!

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, 17th May Football - RESULT - Inter won, Stuttgart lost - Profit of 3.80 points. 17th May Evening Racing - 11 points on Uncle Bert to place 8.15 Sedgefield.Expected to get around 2.25 on Betfair. Good Luck. Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Uncle Bert manages to come fifth of six after two non runners make it a six horse race Not good and a loss of 11 points Look later for tomorrows selection Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets State of play for the month to date is 42 points up. Added to the 71 points made in month one not so bad!!! Run of bets number four for the month. Selection One :- 18th May Football treble K.O.2.00pm - Sevilla (Spain La Liga),Fc Koln and Freiburg (German 2nd Div) all to win. 4 points staked. Sevilla are at home to Vallecano who are bottom of the league and preparing themselves for relegation, having done very little away all season. Koln and Freiburg are battling it out for the Bundesliga 2 title and both have rarely slipped up at home all season. So the treble is definately on given form. Treble pays just over 3/1 with William Hill, who seem to be one of the few mainline bookies that cover the German second division.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets 18th May Results - Football - Sevilla,Fc Koln and Freiburg to win. 4 point treble.- RESULT - Sevilla drew(2 up with 5 mins left!!!),Koln lost(man sent off) Freiburg won. LOSS 4 points. No excuses but a touch unfortunate, as Koln were winning when they had the man go off as well. Selection No.2 - 19th May PART ONE - 4.15 Bath - 4 points Cressex Katie to place with Betfair.Presently odds around 1.65, should get bigger by the off. Selection No.3 - 19th May PART TWO - Given above wins carry forward stake and return to 6.00pm KO Sweden Allveskan - Hammarby to win. Presently odds around 1.70. Good Luck Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Selection No.2 - 19th May PART ONE - 4.15 Bath - 4 points Cressex Katie to place - RESULT - Placed at 1.85 - Profit 3.13 points Selection No.3 - 19th May PART TWO - Given above wins carry forward stake and return to 6.00pm KO Sweden Allveskan - Hammarby to win - RESULT - Drew 1-1 Loss 7.13 points Selection No.4 - 20th May - 5.10 Beverley - Banningham Blaze to place. 4 points staked at odds of 2.70 expected. Cheers Nick

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: New run of bets I know it's difficult when using exchanges Nick, but it will not be counted as proofing if you after-time prices. Best to quote the price available at the time of posting provided that price is available to a decent amount of money.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Fair point, but with respect I would rather estimate below the actual price than above, as if I said 3.00 and got 1.85 I would look daft and could declare bigger profits than could have been achieved. Unless you are braver than me and betting a large sum on the selections, the 0.25 of a point should not have a great effect. Thanks though for your comments I shall bear it in mind. Selection No.4 - 20th May - 5.10 Beverley - Banningham Blaze to place. 4 points staked - RESULT - LOSS 4 points. Selection No.5 - 21st May Racing Win Double at Kelso 2.30 Mr Sneaky Boo and 3.00 Kelso Hirapour. 2 points staked at SP. Cheers Nick

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: New run of bets Are you then recording the results based on the price you give with the tip rather than the sometimes better prices actually obtained? If that is the case that is fair enough.

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets For the place only market selections I have returned on the price I have obtained in the main admittedly,given that I have provided via my email a guide to the price to go for, but have on several occasions reduced this to what was generally available before the off. The double lost so a loss of 14 points on this run takes us down to 28 points profit for the month. RUN NUMBER FIVE Selection No.1 - 8 points 3.40 Newcastle Fabulous Jet to win at SP. Thanks Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, Well we knew todays selection would be hot, but at 4/6 in the Racing Post the night before I did not expect the price to collapse as it did to 2/11 !!! However that still gives a return which is better than nothing and sets us off on this next run. Profit of 1.45 points declared. Tomorrows selections 3.25 Wolverhampton Noble Locks to place 4 points. Off a course and distance which favours for a very consistent sort.Aim to get at least 1.90 on Betfair although it may be higher hopefully. 3.55 Wolverhampton Bint Royal to win 4 points. Again a consistent type that was nearly advised to place on its last run which it duly did, and has to be fancied in this one.Anything more than 2/1 to be aimed for. All the best Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Blimey!! Nobel Locks comes fourth when we needed third, and Bint Royal is beaten half a length into second!!! Loss of eight points. Saturdays selections so far :- Clarinch Claymore to place 1.5 points at Evens available. 4 points Ac Milan to win 2.00pm KO. 2.37 William Hill There may be more tomorrow night Cheers Nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Results so far. clarinch claymore unplaced and milan lost as they put out the under12`s!!!!

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Monaco / Sochaux win profit 2.52 points. Selection No.7 - 25th May Sunday Football - 6 Doubles and 4 Trebles to win of 1/2 a point on rosenborg 1.53/ajax 1.50/feyenoord 1.50/jokerit 2.25 with William Hill. Total Stake 5 points. START OF RUN NUMBER SIX - 8 points on +2.5 goals in the playoff between Cardiff & QPR. 2.02 wih Betfair. Good Luck nick

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets End of run number five saw a loss of 13.40 points taking the month down to a profit overall of 14.73 for the month So far this new run +2.5 goals on Cardiff QPR lost 8 points +2.5 goals on Wolves Sheff won 4 points

Guest Nick Phillips

Re: New run of bets Hi there, Well a winner today with the Wolves / Sheffied game returning us a four point profit on the bet advised. 27/5 2.45 Redcar 6 points to place on Apache Point. 9/1 in the Racing Post forecast for a Course and Distance Winner so I would hope to get on that basis at least 2.75 for the place unless it comes in sharply tomorrow. Good Luck Nick.