** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Chamions League Grouo Winners

island

I've been betting on th CL group winners (successfully :)) for the last 2 years. I'm doing the same bet this year as well. Here are my predictions Chelsea Arsenal Man Utd Inter Barcellona The other groups are more complex and complicated...:unsure In the Liverpool's group I see Ath Madrid as possible surprise and Bayern as favourire in his group . However I woul avoid Real/Juventus grp Anybody doing the same bet?

Re: Chamions League Grouo Winners quite good picks mate , but maybe ridiculusly I am not sure about barca , of course they are having the group with 3 clubs which are 2/3 levels wore than barca , but really barca in actuall season is another team that they were 2/3 years ealier....they are building complitli new team and I want to say only just be careful to bet on Barca ......they are uncertain:ok rest picks are good , obviously real's group and also lpool's are hard and all can happen :)

Re: Chamions League Group Winners I think thats a crackin lil bet think them 5 will defo win there groups, most of the other teams sh*t thereselves when they go play the favourites for the group so will just fight it out for 2nd place, only team i can see giving someone trouble is Villareal in Man utds group as they finished 2nd in the league last season did they not? But you can get 6.90 with Skybet on those 5 :ok

Re: Chamions League Group Winners

I think thats a crackin lil bet think them 5 will defo win there groups, most of the other teams sh*t thereselves when they go play the favourites for the group so will just fight it out for 2nd place, only team i can see giving someone trouble is Villareal in Man utds group as they finished 2nd in the league last season did they not? But you can get 6.90 with Skybet on those 5 :ok
I think that these bets always Look good... in reality though quite often you will see a top team out of form be forced to settle for 2nd position in their group after shock/poor performances. These odds are very high though so I guess if this is what you like go for it (Certainly though it couldn't be trusted with more than a standard bet). I like to take a different approach to Champions league (and lets face it I hate multi's all together). I have two picks for these groups stages of the 08/09 UCL. Firstly is Liverpool to win their group @ 2.4 and the other is Zenit St Petersburg to win their group @ 5.5. Firstly punters are often wary of Liverpool especially during these group stages where seeing poor results are not uncommon however in many cases 'pool have been afforded breathing room with lesser groups at least in the eyes of the public (Players personal opinions I feel would not differ too much). In this situation Liverpool face a tough group however I really feel (despite some opinion) Liverpool are the most ready they have ever been to really shine in all competitions this season and they will be well up for toughing it out against tough opposition. I don't think anyone can disagree that Liverpool are a step up from these teams and while I have enormous respect for this entire group (Really PSV, Athletico and Marseille are some of my favourite teams in europe) I feel this will translate to the players. Another plus for Liverpool in this market is the even nature of the rest of the group, I can't help but feel that we have a good chance of seeing more draws in this group than most others... I wont go too much into why I feel that Liverpool have a better quality squad I will simply say that they look potent in attack and defensively they look solid as ever (unfortunatley as weak as ever from set peices also however this fault mainly shows in playing the top 1% of teams). Finally I will say that the 1.9-2.1 available online is very much borderline for value here (I would perahps take 2.1) the 2.4 offered by Aussie Bookie TAB was simplay too much to let go.... I have to go for now but will post back on my views of Group H...:ok