Redcar 4th September

Haven't played on the turf much in recent days due to the going changes. Been concentrating on the A/W and as I've onky had 1/2 meetings to look at I've been going racing a lot more - I cannot go when I cover a few meetings (most of the year) so it makes a nice change. Only thing is I don't get time to post. Will be chancing the turf again tomorrow so let's hope I can find a winner or two. 2.00 Now I don't have many bets in nurseries, they aren't really my thing but there is a value bet in this particular 2yo handicap. Becausewecan made an encouraging debut back in June when a neck 2nd to Sweet Smile on soft ground (the winner re-opposes here off 2lb worse terms). I had a word (which I ignored) for Becausewecan NTO but he trailed in last of 7. It looked a confusing effort but evidence since has suggested that the g/f ground may've been the reason behind such a poor effort. It was back to form for his 3rd start (on heavy ground) when 3rd to Playfellow at Haydock (beaten 6.75l but clear of remainder). The winner was impressive earlier today at Lingfield and the 4th won a nursery off 64 yesterday. Was a little disappointing LTO when making his nursery debut (8l 5th of 10) but that was on slightly quicker going (officially good). Ground is definitely key to him with his two soft ground runs far superior to his other two runs and he looks fairly treated on those decent runs off a mark of 72. Well drawn too and although it won't be my biggest bet of the day looks like he'll be a value bet if the ground stays on the easy side - currenly 21 on betfair. Becausewecan 50% of stake EW 20/1 gen

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.