Madness Loses The Plotto! *(A Novelty GH)*

madnesstiger

Madness... LOSES THE PLOTTO! The story began yesterday evening as I decided to place £84 on Zenit to beat Man United in the UEFA Super Cup @ 6.4. They duly obliged and set me on my way to the 2nd big win of the evening, in the ATP US Open in the tennis. A lay of Marat Safin @ 1.54 (£220 liability) when 1 set up against Tommy Robredo took a fortunate turn as Robredo took the match 3:1 in a stop-start match due to rain delays. By the early hours of this morning I had made around £825 profit from the initial outlay. As I was close to trading out the tennis bet early, I see the situation as if I have won an extra £200 by letting the bet run. So, with thanks to an impressive Russian football performance, and another case of Safin 'losing it' in the tennis, I present to you, the reader, probably the daftest GH seen in a long time! I have put £100 of the withdrawal to one side for a set of garden furniture, which leaves me with £100 for today's GH, which will work as follows...

1. Purchase £100 worth of National Lottery scratchcards. In order of preference... blue/green £100k followed by £250k black. I chose these as they have most remaining top prizes (worth winning) from the current batch of game cards available. As shown here.
  2. Unless I win big from the scratchcards (very unlikely!), all the winnings from these cards will be used to buy Lucky Dip tickets for tonight's Rollover UK Lotto draw. I would be expecting around 20 tickets, but who knows, could be more, could be less!

Simple as that really! I was going to 'wheel' a set of numbers, but due to time restrictions, I will just go ahead with Lucky Dips. Unfortunately I wont be able to update this thread with photos of proof as such throughout the day, but hopefully you will take my word for it as to how the 'experiment' goes. As I just mentioned, I am taking this GH as a bit of fun, and as an experiment, if you will, as to just how much you can expect to win from a sample of £100 worth of scratchcards! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME UNLESS YOU ARE INSANE!! It is purely down to the fortunate events from last night that I can try this, and is not something I will make a habit of. If nothing else, please view this as 'curiosity put into practise'. I am expecting to update the thread later today by informing you that I have nothing left of the £100 outlay. However, watch this space! MT :ok

Re: Madness Loses The Plotto! *(A Novelty GH)*

as an experiment, if you will, as to just how much you can expect to win from a sample of £100 worth of scratchcards!
In sweden we have a very popular scratchcard called "Triss" ("Trips"). Cost is £2 and you could win up to 1.000.000 SEK (~£80.000) :) You could also win a "monthly prize" of upto £4.000, every month for 25 years! :loon On the back of the card there is a "prize table" which shows you how many win cards there is, for example one 1.000.000 SEK prize for every 2.000.000 cards :eyes Do your scratch cards have anything similar so that you know in advance how much you stand to win, statistically?

Re: Madness Loses The Plotto! *(A Novelty GH)* You mad man !!! I did a thing other night , never happened b4 and totally gutted me !! Had £400 in Betfair and i like my cricket , but never traded on it , and decided to give it a go . Live game Worcester playing Somerset . Kept backing and laying at just the right times or therabouts to get roughly £800 green on both teams , amazing i thought !! Worcester needed 5 runs off the last ball to win , so im thinking 6 and i win , and anything less and i win , cant lose . Batter hits a paddle across the field , fielder fumbles it and it goes for 4 , fecking tie !! Never crossed my mind to cover the tie , as it was in a seperate market !! All bets voided !! Spent 8 hours trading a game anbd won feckall !! Good luck with the cards

Re: Madness Loses The Plotto! *(A Novelty GH)* OK, I'm back! Thanks for the replies and comments on this pointless little excercise! First things first... I came away from the event with a big fat £0! Although this was expected from the start. :) I decided to try this for a few reasons, and have satisfied my curiosities (and any urge ever to want to buy a scratch card again!) in one harmless swoop. I have learnt from today that...

• The woman's face and comments in the supermarket were priceless when I calmly asked for 'a hundred of them please', whilst simultaniously pointing at the blue & green £100K cards.
  • The scratchcards used in this experiment came in packs of 120 from the cashiers office.
  • It took myself and my girlfriend almost 30mins to scratch off all 100 cards.
  • The highest prize on 1 card was £25, the next highest was £7, and numerous other £2 and £1 prizes totalling £52 winnings from 100x£1 cards.
  • The odds of approx 1 in 56 for acheiving a 3-number payout in the Lotto were true to form, as I managed not a single winning line from my 52 tickets!
  • The Lotto really is a mugs game, and there is no way a profit can skillfully be made by buying bulk packs of scratchcards.

This was purely a one-off test, and I thought it added a bit of fun into the weekly Lotto experience. Although it turned out to be an expected waste of £100, I can now say I've tried it and hope that we can all conclude that the Lotto (or it's associated scratchcards) should only be played for fun and with money you can afford to lose. It has not put me off playing the Lotto full-stop, and I remain interested in playing around with the previous draw stats and grouping numbers into 'wheels' for future ventures, but as for the scratchcards - I'll stay well away from them thanks! Overall, I hope this little write up comes in useful for a coffee-break read, or reference of any kind for lottery geeks. I'm glad it's made a few of you giggle, and I can happily say I've enjoyed the experience. MT :ok PS: If anyone is interested in playing the lottery either alone, or as part of a syndicate, maybe you would care to read my thread on one of the lotto forums which explains how I used to select numbers to use when playing the UK Lotto. It was written some 18-months ago, but may be of use to the right people. Cheers guys.

Re: Madness Loses The Plotto! *(A Novelty GH)*

In sweden we have a very popular scratchcard called "Triss" ("Trips"). Cost is £2 and you could win up to 1.000.000 SEK (~£80.000) :) You could also win a "monthly prize" of upto £4.000, every month for 25 years! :loon On the back of the card there is a "prize table" which shows you how many win cards there is, for example one 1.000.000 SEK prize for every 2.000.000 cards :eyes Do your scratch cards have anything similar so that you know in advance how much you stand to win, statistically?
Hi HLV, Our cards in the UK give the approx odds of winning a prize (1 in 4.90 for the cards I used in this thread), and online there are info sheets showing how many of each prize are out there to be won for each card (see links in first post above). We currently have a card available for £2 a go, which awards the lucky winners with £1,000 per week for a year (£52,000) which sounds similar to the card you explained above. MT :ok