** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September.

Tippeligaen: Ålesund - Fredrikstad Last weekend I believed in Ålesund, when visiting Tromsø, to get a point or more. They stood up with solid play the 1st half, and could easily have led after the 1st half. In the 2nd Tromsø came back and made it a close win for their sake. Today, the status is not much different motivation-wise in the home team. They desperately need a win to get closer to avoid relegation. Squad-wise, striker Aarøy is suspended. For many obserevers he might be a blow for the team. Imo, it will make Ålesund change their formation and style of play some. From relying on the high-balls headed towards the 2 metre high striker, they now must choose a more speedy attacking line. A change that might do the team very well. At home is their main area to get points, knowing that they play on artificial grass which is not the best for their oppsition today. Fredikstad, which I again easily state that has overachieved this season, is mainly a team that notches most of their points when playing at home, 2-4-3 away indicates it clearly. They fight for the title with Stabæk and Tromsø, but will imo fall short in the latter part of the season. Missings today will be the as in the last match, key players like Kasey Wehrmann, Gardar Johansson, Andreas Tegstrøm and some more minor doubts. Reports says that on thursday only 14 players were training wth the squad. It looks like they will start with a newly signed ghanian Dominic Adiyah (18 ) on top with another youngster, Trulsen, on top. While they have unexpereinced players on the wings. The defensive line is however unchanged, so Ålesund will have some issues getting goals, knowing that centre-backs Piroja and Gerrbrand (Ophaug) are rated highly at this level. Even if the league table positions inclines a big difference between these teams, today the quality is much more even than stats say. Ålesund has a fair cahnce of winning this, and at least get a draw, value on the home team. Ålesund, (0), 2.14 @sbobet 4/10 (55%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. 2nd division: Ålgård - Os When it got to my attention that Ålgård will miss 8 regulars today I had to jump on this one. Rating these teams as pretty even this occurence changing the status alot. Still, the home team mad some good performances lately, beating Fyllingen and drawing against Mandalskameratene. Both important points knowing that the fight in this league to avoid relegation is very hard. Os on the other hand had a great game in their last match-up by taking down league leader Randaberg. Reports says that they played really well holding off the much stronger team. Ålgård should be a much easier opponent, even if they had a full squad ready. Both teams fight to avoid relegation, so motivation problems should not be an issue for Os today. With a win they can actually get some breathing room from the other strugglers. I had to take this offer... Os, +0.5, 1.96 @sbobet 6/10 (62%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. 2nd division: Groruddalen - Kil/Hemne This bet is mainly based on form. Both teams seems lost in the bottom of their league and wonders will have to happen if they will avoid relegation this season. The home team has lost their last 12 matches and are in terrible shape, it is no motivation to find and has lost quite a few players. Kil/Hemne on the other hand has not done much better, only one point in front of their opposition today. Still, they have played better the recent weeks. In the last three matches, one is won, they have improved in their type of play and when eading the reports from their last one it could prove to be a ok ending of their very poor season. They held Lyn 2 to a close call, by leading two times in the game. And Lyn 2 had some 1st team players with them in the match. The conclusion is that they could get their 1st away win of the season, at least they will not get a better opportunity against an abysmal Groruddalen. Kil/Hemne, +0.5, 1.90 @sbobet 4/10 (55%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. 2nd division: Strømmen - Raufoss Strømmen came out strong in the last match by beating a Sprint/Jeløy which struggle hard atm. Their new coach Thomas Berntsen has made an impact in the squad which is at the bottom of their league and fight heavily to get to a safe spot. Hence, the importance of this match. Raufoss was before the season stated as one of the biggest title contenders. The team was actually ready to play in the higher division, but financial issues made the assosiaction turn them down letting Sparta get their place. The consequences was that many players left, still if all regulars would be fit they still would have a decent chance for the title. Nowadays, they finally have the best team ready and the latest results confirms it. With wins in the last 3, and strong wins too, they have now been able to climb on the table. Playing away has been their main struggle, going 1-1-6, but when now finally all players are in shape and ready to go, I see this stat as "old news". Pretty low stakes because of the probable desperation in the home team. Raufoss, -0/0.5, 1.92 @sbobet 3/10 (54%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. There is many matches today, with some teams I see as rather big favourites. The options was good, but the asian bookies has done a good job comparing the offers (ah vs. odds), which means value is not present. Only four picks from my side mainly because of that...

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Just one match for me today that stands out from norwegian leagues, Sandefjord could be up for a victory today against a simply demolished Bryne side that has 6 consecutive losses in their last 6 games! I've started betting against them from the weekend when they were playing Songdal away, and to this day i haven't had a single doubt that they will lose, their scoring is an absolute disgrace, just a single goal in 6 weeks. Where as the home side has been riding high, won last 4 of their matches, with a goal difference of 11-1, they are simply trashing everyone that stands in their way, they even won Odd in their last game by 3-0, if they continue to play like this they could be up for league 1 next year in notime. Home win for me without a doubt. Good luck :hope

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September.

Just one match for me today that stands out from norwegian leagues' date=' [b']Sandefjord could be up for a victory today against a simply demolished Bryne side that has 6 consecutive losses in their last 6 games! I've started betting against them from the weekend when they were playing Songdal away, and to this day i haven't had a single doubt that they will lose, their scoring is an absolute disgrace, just a single goal in 6 weeks. Where as the home side has been riding high, won last 4 of their matches, with a goal difference of 11-1, they are simply trashing everyone that stands in their way, they even won Odd in their last game by 3-0, if they continue to play like this they could be up for league 1 next year in notime. Home win for me without a doubt. Good luck :hope
I do agree with you that Sandefjord should win this one, but Bryne is not a bad team on paper and they have to get a result sooner or later. Sandefjord did great against Odd, beating them cleanly, still I feel that they might get a hard fight from a desperate Bryne which has been through an internal crisis lately. Meetings with the leadership has been made and coaches has publicly gone out and said they have done a poor job. A result from Bryne today might occur. Sandefjord is big favs indeed, but at which price should you get them? Also, just to add a fact, Bryne is the home team today...:ok

I do agree with you that Sandefjord should win this one' date=' but Bryne is not a bad team on paper and they have to get a result sooner or later. Sandefjord did great against Odd, beating them cleanly, still I feel that they might get a hard fight from a desperate Bryne which has been through an internal crisis lately. Meetings with the leadership has been made and coaches has publicly gone out and said they have done a poor job. A result from Bryne today might occur. Sandefjord is big favs indeed, but at which price should you get them? Also, just to add a fact, Bryne is the home team today...:ok[/quote'] Totally agreed with you on Bryne right there, i just noted that they have been simply awful in their last games, but that ofc doesent mean they will still produce bad results, as from my own experience when a side that is on a long cold-streak like Bryne is atm they tend to end it at one point, but that often happens if the team sacks their coach or looks for points in games with teams in lower part of the table. I do belive that something might happen today, there's alwas a factor of suprise in such games, but i guess one could be pretty confident that Sanderfjord wont back up and let them get chances easily, as far as i see it, they wont go to lose or share points, but to get them. And also im simply thinking of taking medium stakes on them, nothing special :ok

Totally agreed with you on Bryne right there' date=' i just noted that they have been simply awful in their last games, but that ofc doesent mean they will still produce bad results, as from my own experience when a side that is on a long cold-streak like Bryne is atm they tend to end it at one point, but that often happens if the team sacks their coach or looks for points in games with teams in lower part of the table. I do belive that something might happen today, there's alwas a factor of suprise in such games, but i guess one could be pretty confident that Sanderfjord wont back up and let them get chances easily, as far as i see it, they wont go to lose or share points, but to get them. And also im simply thinking of taking medium stakes on them, nothing special :ok[/quote'] Some good points you have made indeed. I will pass on it myself, seeing that the value is too low for my sake, still I wish you the best of luck. Will watch this one live on telly, and hope for your part that Sandefjord pulls it through...:ok

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Byne vs Sandefjord Statistical Analysis The most in form team meets the worst form team (last 7 games). Bryne are on a horrible 6 games losing steak and during this steak they have only managed a single goal while conceding 16. Coincidentally, their losing steak started with an away loss to Sandefjord by the scoreline 1-0. Sandefjord comes into this game on the back of 4 wins in a row, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Their last victory was an impressive 3-0 trashing of league leaders Odd Greenland. Currently third place Sandefjord with 40 pts will no doubt be looking for a victory here to close up the 6 pts gap with league leaders Odd Greenland. Recommendation: Sandefjord -0.5 AH

Some good points you have made indeed. I will pass on it myself' date=' seeing that the value is too low for my sake, still I wish you the best of luck. Will watch this one live on telly, and hope for your part that Sandefjord pulls it through...:ok[/quote'] Cheers on that, best of luck to you my friend today with your bets aswell, hopefully we will snatch some good results today :ok

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Bryne 1 - 3 Sandefjord :nana :nana Well i didnt watch it myself, but i guess it was pretty easy fot the away team, scored one in first half and continued to push in second, good job indeed. As for concidering Bryne, same thing goes as i said today, they'll just have to look for points from games with lower placed teams. Cheers.

Bryne 1 - 3 Sandefjord :nana :nana Well i didnt watch it myself, but i guess it was pretty easy fot the away team, scored one in first half and continued to push in second, good job indeed. As for concidering Bryne, same thing goes as i said today, they'll just have to look for points from games with lower placed teams. Cheers.
Congrats!:ok Well, Bryne was actually quite ineffective today. Alone with the goalie and a header in the post are examples. Still, Sandefjord has found their steam and it was visible. Two teams with opposite self-esteem, the result vs. chances reflect that. Hoping for Ålesund to save the remnants of my own picks today. Both Os and Kil/Hemne disappointed heavily, especially Os by loosing 0-3 against a reserve filled Ålgård.

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. thx again mate, was thinking about Os aswell, was shocked when i saw the result myself :eek Aswell hoping for alesund to bring some sunshine today, Frederikstad are a great side without a doubt, but they are simply awful when playing away,they just managed to take 1 point against ham-kam last time when playing away, dont see them getting anything better today tbh :P GL :hope

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Aalesunds 0 - 0 Fredrikstad :\ Well tbh i wasnt expecting any of the sides to score plenty of goals today, but was a bit confused when i was watching the results on teletext today, it went first by 0-1 in middle of the game, and then 1-1 as it passed into the second half. When the game was nearing the end it stood for 0-1 again, and got 0-0 when it finished. Didn't konw what to think first, but i guess they weren't a mile long away from the actuall result, but tbh it isnt the first time that they make such silly mistakes. Was a bit dissapointed tough, Alesunds couldve used Frederikstads bad performance when playing away, looks like they will have to settle with 1 point, but in the end its the way of fotball i guess. Looking at the fixtures tomorow, i think i would come up with a couple of picks, not sure if Bodo could produce anything on home ground, altough Brann will surely cut to the chase for an upper spot as they lost against Marseille in CL ql, Strømsgodset looks like a nice selection, given their and their opponents recent form and results. Will write up tomorow with my desicions. Happy punting :dude

Byne vs Sandefjord Statistical Analysis The most in form team meets the worst form team (last 7 games). Bryne are on a horrible 6 games losing steak and during this steak they have only managed a single goal while conceding 16. Coincidentally, their losing steak started with an away loss to Sandefjord by the scoreline 1-0. Sandefjord comes into this game on the back of 4 wins in a row, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Their last victory was an impressive 3-0 trashing of league leaders Odd Greenland. Currently third place Sandefjord with 40 pts will no doubt be looking for a victory here to close up the 6 pts gap with league leaders Odd Greenland. Recommendation: Sandefjord -0.5 AH
Score Review Sandefjord is clearly the team in form, breezing 3 past the disappointing Bryne before conceding a consolation goal in the 84th min. With the victory, Sandefjord narrowed the gap at the top of the table to 3 pts and are on a 5 games winning steak. The defeat for Bryne means their horrible losing steak continues to 7 games and winless for 12 games now.

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Sandnes vs Alta Statistical Analysis First meeting between the sides this season was a slim 1-0 win for Sandnes. Yet coming into this game, Alta has a good chance of obtaining a result. Atla has picked up their game recently. They were on a 3 games unbeaten run before losing 3 in a row. Those 3 loses were 2 away games and 1 home game vs strong start. In that game against Start, they were in fact leading 1-0 at half-time before losing the match 2-1. Their last away loss were a narrow 5-4 to FK Haugesund in which they actually lead 3 times before losing the game to a 84th min goal. Their last league game was a resounding win by 4 goals to 1 at home to poor bryne. This will again add confidence and belief into the team. On the other hand, Sandnes are not playing well at the moment, obtaining only 4 pts in their last 7 games compared to alta's 10 pts. Their away performance are in fact better than their home performance as only 43% of their points obtained thus far were achieved at home. They are winless at home for 4 games now and 2 of those games are against weak teams like kongs and bryne. Therefore i fancy atla chances here, should atla avoid defeat today, they will inch towards more breathing space from the bottom pack. the worst result here for atla that i can foresee is a 1 goal victory to sandnes. The 0.75 AH is an attractive one for only half the bet will be lost if the worst scenario occurs. Recommendation: Alta +0.75 AH

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Kongsvinger vs Notodden Statistical Analysis This match is one that tests the probability of losing. Kongs the 2nd bottom team in the league with 12 pts welcomes 5th place Notodden. Kongs is on a 3 games losing steaking while Notodden is 3 games unbeaten. Kongs will still fancy their chances at home as this is where they picked up 58% of their pts this season. but with only 2 victories out of the 20 games they have played so far this season their winning percentage is a mere 10%. Notodden has lost 4/20 games but none of those come against bottom teams. They have won 2 drawn 6 and lost 2 on the road. in terms of form in the last 7 games, kongs has lost 5 games while notodden only once. with the first meeting between the sides with notodden winning 4-2 against kongs, i will fancy their chances much more than kongs. High probability of notodden not to lose at level AH. Recommendation: Notodden 0 AH

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Early toughts on today's fixtures, Strømsgodset should be able to handle the sitation at their home ground, as they get ready for a matchup with pretty weak Ham-Kam side. Strømsgodset is coming out with pretty good results lately, they have proven that they can level almost any team on their pitch, where as their oponents, by the looks of it, will be main contenders for relegation this season, they did manage to take 2 points from last 3 games while playing home, and it seems thats the only actuall place they can hope for anything. As on the other hand, they have been simply awful while playing away, their away record is 0-1-8 with a goal difference of 4-22. Added to that, i'm pretty confident that the hosts will be more then happy to put the preasure on Ham-Kam today, personally i will be going with medium stakes on this match, as perhaps i would concider taking it in a small combo with some other picks today. As far as concidering the others, im not really sure about Bodo as i said yesterday, they are playing very good at their home ground, with 6-3-0 current record. Brann, on the other hand has lost its chance in Europe, losing against Marseille in the CL ql, so as i noted they will probably charge in to take an upper spot before the season's end, as there is just a 5 point difference between 4th and 10th place in Eliteserien. They should be a bit tired from the game, and i'm kinda sure Bodo could hold on today, but wouldnt bet anything on it really, perhaps a double chance on the hosts or not to lose, good if playing combos i guess. Lyn could take a point aswell as Molde today, as Kimera stated Lyn has a pretty youngster squad wich has its talents, but there is a slight problem when playing like that in a long run, the team that engages with their younger squad and forces that strategy against everyone cant really produce superb results, atleast not in a longer run. They did show some good matches, and they surely can play nice football if its their day i guess, but Tromso might show as a bit of a big catch today. They did lose against Frederikstad away, but that was a really tough match for both sides, im kinda hoping for same result today, the teams will surely play with more caution, as the last thing they need today is to lose points. Molde might use Viking's loss against Honka in UEFA ql on thursday, ofc if they are clever enough they could even snatch a small win, but Viking will be playing agresively as they dont have anything to lose, and they surely want to escape that "bottom" part of the table. Not much opinions on League 2, Moss and Alta might go over, just looking at their recent results&form, they have a pretty big goal difference actually, 42-34(Moss) and 29:46(Alta), taken from 20 games played so far. Cheers and GL today :ok

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Stromsgodset vs Ham Kam Statistical Analysis Stromsgodset is 4th in the home table, and on a 2 games winning steak at home. They have made a strong statement this season about their performance at their fortress, recording 76% of their total pts at home. The direct opposite is Ham Kam's dismay record away from home recorded a single pt out of 27 pts. They are on a 4 games losing steak away from home. Although they have managed 2 draws in their last two games, both games were played at home which they obtained 90% of their pts. The first meeting between the sides this season ended a draw but h-h record shows that in the last 5 matches the visitors arrived at stromsgodset stadium, they end up returning in defeat. Therefore statistically this match is a one sided affair. Good value at the low handicap offered by Stromsgodset @ -0.75 AH. A quick check and there seems to be no major missings in Stromsgodset team. So a good result for the home team is very much on the cards today. Recommendation: Stromsgodset -0.75 AH

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Lyn - Tromsø Going 5-3-1 at home being a candidate for medals Lyn has again proved not to be underestimated. A full squad is ready today when they face a surprising Tromsø. After a drop in form loosing two in a row, they came back by beating a surging Lillestrøm and drawing against superb Stabæk away. This one is very important to them knowing that it is 6 pts. left for the 3rd spot which is occupied by their opposition today. A given chance to make a spring for the medals. Tromsø on the other hand has in their last matches done only what needed to get the wins. Two of the last three has been won, but their style of play is in a downfall. They scored the winning goal versus Ham Kam in overtime, lost cleanly away against Fredrikstad and in their last match-up they beat Ålesund 1-0 in an even game at home. Today, they will still be without key strikers Moldskred and Rushfeldt. There is also questionmarks about a number of players, goalie Ramovic (which is expected to leave the club), centre-back Koppinen, winger Knudsen and full-back Yndestad. I will probably see them all out there, but will they be at 100%? Lyn should win this one against a Tromsø which I think will start to struggle more at the end of the season. Lyn, -0/0.5, 2.02 @sbobet 4/10 (56%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Tippeligaen: Viking - Molde Viking hit the wall when facing lower-rated Honka in the uefa qual. earlier this week. A very poor result for this team which had high expectations before the season. That being said, their squad was marginal looking at players avaliable for the game. Now, both Kaufman and Niang is ready again and are fit to play. Out are Steenslid, Horn, Høiland and Abelsson, the 1st one being the biggest loss. Still, centre-back Steenslid season so far has been nothing to brag about and when veteran Pereira played in his position some matches ago he was a great input to an underperforming defence. The team has still a possibillity making the end of the season better than their position atm. Only four pts. up to 4th place, which should be a decent goal for the latter part of the season. At home, 4-2-3 is not the best stat, a strong win against Lyn and a draw versus Lillestrøm in the last one is the latest (a game they should have won, missing a penalty). Molde has the recent matches shown that they are a team supposed to fight for avoiding relegation. Going 0-1-3 the last four state the fact. And when knowing that they have played poorly, all losses were deserved ones, todays match should not fare any better. They have a full squad to pick from which won`t matter imo. Their key players have shown fall in form, especially in the midfield with Berg Hestad and Hoseth as their important duo. Ineffective strikers and lack of creativity from the mentioned midfielders are the main problems for Molde atm, and when facing Viking in a tough fight I can`t see them suddenly turn things around. Viking, -0.5, 1.94 @sbobet 4/10 (56%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Tippeligaen: Rosenborg - Vålerenga The home team has really picked up form lately. With three well-played matches from their side recently the "old train" has shown signs of getting back to the traditionally patterns. Rosenborg has been rated as the best team in scandinavia earlier, hit the wall, and regrouped. Thier season so far has not been the best, but it takes time to get talented youngsters to be stable and form the talent into quality. In the last three matches, the easily took down Molde (3-1), drawed against Brann (0-0) in a match they definitely should have won and hammered Djurgården in the uefa cup qual. earlier this week. It was a very fun game to watch seeing that key players like Sapara, Iversen and Skjelbreid running all over the swedes. There is no doubt that they have a squad that is in shape and ready to make a real impact towards the ending of the season. Also they recently bought back national full-back Micke Dorsin from CFR Cluj after a bad spell in Romania. He is ready to play today and might be starting. Otherwise Miller and Jamtfall is out while centre-back Lago is absent because of personal reasons. I expect them to field the same squad as on thursday, the only change might be Dorsin entering the game. Vålerenga is a team that struggle hard atm. The loss against Strømsgodset was a terrible result for them. They owned the game in possesion, but had severe problems creating chances. No wins in the last 5 is not good at all and I sense some heads to drop soon. Missings will be Berre, Roberts and Fellah, while key centre-back Wæhler is back in the squad. He will be a major reinforcement defensively, but it won`t solve the offensive issues in the team. I do think the home team will contine their in-form play and make it a home win, and it could be with high numbers too... Rosenborg, -0.5/1, 1.97 @sbobet 3/10 (54%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Adeccoleague: Start - Løv Ham The home team with a full squad ready, only youngster Vikstøl is suspended, while Løv Ham has major struggles. Recently they sold their key striker to Sandefjord, Samir Saric, and now fellow striker Ademolu is suspended. Also out is regulars like Solli, Ehiorobo, Østgaard, Havnvik and long-termer Walde. Last match they were thrashed by a surging Sandefjord and now they face yet again a superior team. They have not been playing well lately and I sense them to drop some on the table during the remainder of the season. They have signed midfielder Sivert Lund from 2nd division team Ranheim though, he is ready for this one, but is without experience at this level. It is not much to say about the home team today. With nearly all players ready to go and knowing that Odd lost against Sandefjord this midweek the 1st spot is now within reach, only 1 pt. between the two top teams atm. And when knowing that Sandefjord is coming from behind they can`t let their guard down at all. Løv Ham should not be an obstacle for them imo, especially when knowing what trouble they are in these days. Clear home win for me. Start, -1.5/2, 2.06 @sbobet 4/10 (56%)

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Strømsgodset should win their match indeed, but Ham Kam is getting more and more desperate atm. and I do think they could get a result here. And knowing that Godset will miss captain and centre-back Alexander Aas today also make me weary. He played a key role in their strong win against Vålerenga last match and provides safeness in a defence that are not the best. It will mean that they have to rearrange the defensive aspect in the team which could let Ham Kam get to easy opportunities. Still considering it though, following the market if value should occur...

Strømsgodset should win their match indeed' date=' but Ham Kam is getting more and more desperate atm. and I do think they could get a result here. And knowing that Godset will miss captain and centre-back Alexander Aas today also make me weary. He played a key role in their strong win against Vålerenga last match and provides safeness in a defence that are not the best. It will mean that they have to rearrange the defensive aspect in the team which could let Ham Kam get to easy opportunities. Still considering it though, following the market if value should occur...[/quote'] Point taken, but i guess Godset might pull it off against a pretty weak side wich will surely be looking to get atleast a draw today, also wanted to write-up about Alexander's missing today, but i guess you did it for me then ;) On the other hand, checking out all-fired up Rosenborg, they could actually be up for a pretty nice game today.

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. The same goes for the Glimt-Brann game. The home team will miss key goalie Londak today after he was injured in training some days ago. He has been a big reason why the team is placed as high as they are atm. Compare it with Godsets missing in Aas, they will miss safety and the defensive line might be somewhat uncertain. Brann on the other hand lost in the CL qual versus Marseille, but they played very well in France and could have gotten through if some luck had been on their side. A key missing for them is Karadas, which is suspended. Still, I think this could head either way even if stats say a clear home win...

Re: Norway 30th Aug - 1st of September. Well, its game on and sadly for my bet to say, Moldskred is playing for Tromsø being ready just before game-time. When I write this though centre-back Koppinen is red-carded after only 5 mins... And Ham Kam is one up atm. Big happenings indeed!