NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25

Sharks sharks_0.gif Vs Fri 7:35 PM 22 Aug 2008 Toyota Stadium roosters_0.gif Roosters
Titans titans_0.gif Vs Fri 7:35 PM 22 Aug 2008 Suncorp Stadium broncos_0.gif Broncos
Wests Tigers tigers_0.gif Vs Sat 5:30 PM 23 Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium eagles_0.gif Sea Eagles
Bulldogs bulldogs_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 PM 23 Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium eels_0.gif Eels
Knights knights_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 PM 23 Aug 2008 Energy Australia Stadium cowboys_0.gif Cowboys
Rabbitohs rabbitohs_0.gif Vs Sun 2:00 pm 24 Aug 2008 ANZ Stadium raiders_0.gif Raiders
Dragons dragons_0.gif Vs Sun 3:00 pm 24 Aug 2008 WIN Stadium warriors_0.gif Warriors
Panthers panthers_0.gif Vs Mon 7:00 pm 25 Aug 2008 CUA Stadium, Penrith storm_0.gif Storm

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 It's early days and I don't usually like to put any bets out at this time of the week, but because I will be away over the weekend here is how I see the best betting action for the NRL this week. On Saturday you have the second best pack in the comp, Manly, coming up against a small pack in the Tigers. While the Tigers pack on their day can hold their own against weaker teams, I think they will be steamrolled this week by the likes of Perry, Kite, Watmough and the rest. The Tigers can be exciting and dangerous on their day, but they will be put under enormous pressure by the Eagles and this will tell towards the end of the game. The 6.5 point line to the tigers should be more like 9.5, so back Manly to cover 6.5 at $1.91 with Centrebet. On Sunday you have the Raiders up against the Rabbitohs. Whilst the Rabbitohs were impressive last week, their general inconsistency will hurt them against a good, disciplined team like the Raiders. The Raiders halves are underrated and their centre pairing will prove to be difficult to contain. Again, the 6.5 point line here seems thin, so back Canberra to cover 6.6 at $1.91 with Centrebet. Providing it's a dry track and the ref holds a good ten metres, it might also be worth looking at the over's in points scored in this match, depending on what the bookies set it at. Good luck!

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25

I'm back...good work rleague punter for last week.....thank u for helping me out in my absence(gone to the snow)
I was wondering why it had got to thursday night and no forum. My pleasure harke just dont let it happen again bro! lol. NRL Ladder Round 23
Position ClubPWLPTS
1Storm2115634
3Sharks2114732
5Broncos2111927
7Dragons21111026
8Warriors21111026
9Panthers21101025
11Tigers21101124
13Titans21101124
15Bulldogs2151614

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 After my worst week ever i hope to get back to picking winners. I like the look of the chooks on friday night with the return of Fitzy & Myles. We all knowhe sharkies struggle to score points at the best of times and as a punter that realy worries me. Still early days so i wont lock this one in yet and might also have a punt on sharks to score 11-20 points. There are also a few games this weekend that im realy not sure about the first one been the Broncos vs Titans. At first glance i thought 11.5 may be to much start with Scotty Prince back, but then i look again and the broncos have the talent in there team to win by 30! The second game im not sure about is the Tigers/Manly game. Scott Sattler on NRL on FOX tipped the tigers pointing out that manly struggle to stop teams that spread the ball early and we all no the tigers will do that so im a bit dodgy either way although you make some good points Big Bets. The third game i'm a bit dodgy about s the kinights/Cowboys game with cowboys getting 11.5 start. Again at first glance like the titans game i think 11.5 is to much with Jonathon Thurston back but who knows.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 SHARKS vs ROOSTERS This game promises to be a cracker with these two teams boasting the likes of Gallen,Bird,Kimmorley,Anasta,O'meley,Mason,Tupou. No doubt this game will be played with a semi-final intensity as a top four spot is up for grabs. Taking a look at the two teams you would have to say they match up quite well with a few interesting contest *Mason vs Gallen *Tupou vs Bird *Anasta vs Kimmorley And here are 2 stats im adding *The Roosters have never lost 3 consecutive matches under Brad Fittler *The last 3 matches between the two sides at Toyota stadium have been decided by 6 points or less I realy think the roosters hold a hidden x-factor in there bench with the likes of Myles,Sa & the Paea brothers up agaisnt Nutley,Millington,Peek,Seu seu. Myles and Sa are both internationals and this cannot be overlooked as they will both have a heavy impact of the bench. If the chooks forwards can contain Gallen & Bird i think they can get this one but not buy to many My tip: ROOSTERS 1-12/SHARKS to score 11-20/ A little saver on draw.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Broncos vs Titans Well then after confusing myself before, i have made up my mind big time in this game! The broncos are going to be to big to strong for the Titans i think with the return of all there big guns Hunt,Hodges,Carroll. Theres 2 stats for this game that i would also like to share *The Broncos have not lost 3 consecutive matches since rd23 2007 *The Titans have not won 2 consecutive away games since rd 5 2007 I just do not think that the Titans have enough firepower to even get close for this one and i think Lockyer & co will be primed for a big game come this friday night. My tip: Broncos -11.5

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Broncos win by 13+ margin Broncos are in a must win game and even though they are 5th they are only 2 points ahead of 9th place and 3 points ahead of 13th place. Gold Coast who are 13th, know that a loss here probably rules them out of top 8 contention. The Broncos have the more potent backline especially with the return of Hunt and Hodges, while the return of Carroll in the forwards should add some starch to their defence. The South Queensland derby adds some extra spice to this clash but the Broncos do have a very good home record while the Titans do struggle away. While the packs are pretty even, the Broncos have the firepower out wide to cause alot of problems for the Titans defence and should win here. Roosters win by 1-12 margin Cronulla are 3rd while the Roosters are 4th and both teams haven't been playing the best in recent weeks. The Sharks defend well but struggle to score points while the Roosters have the ability to score points on any team when in the mood. What should hepl them to recover from their thumping by Melbourne is the return of Fitzgibbon Myles and Sa to their forward pack. The Roosters have won six of the past eight clashes between the sides, including the past five straight, while they also have won six of the past seven games at Toyota Park. Roosters to edge this but the Sharks to keep this very tight

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Manly win by 13+ margin Manly will be seething by their loss to the Rabbitohs last week and will look to take it out on a Tigers side that were comprehensively thumped by Parramatta last weekend. The problem with the Tiger sis their small pack that while nimble, they don't have the strength to hold off the larger packs like the one Manly has. Manly should steamroll over the top of them which sets it up for the likes of Stewart to dart through the holes in the defence. Parramatta -21.5 Bulldogs are gone for the year and in their last 5 games they have lost by at least 30 points. Now they meet a Parramatta side that have won their last 2 as they look to continue their run for the top 8 spot. Parramatta should cover the spread if they are serious about being a semi final side Newcastle win by 13+ margin Newcastle were on a roll until they got blasted by the Raiders but at the moment, any team would have struggled to stop them in the current form they are in. Now the Knights are at home to continue their quest for the top 8 and face the bottom placed Cowboys who continue to have quite a few players out through injury. While they have been trying to compete, but you would expect the Knights to have alot more intensity in their plays and win this one comfortably.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Blackcrow I agree with your tips tonight, Broncos 13+ and Roosters 1-12. Another stat is that the last 5 wins by the Roosters against the Sharks have been by the 1-12 margin. I'd highly suggest reviewing your Newcastle 13+ tip, Steve Simpson and Cory Paterson were ruled out of the game today. This is coming from a Newcastle fan, I don't think they can blow the Cows away without those two.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 not a nice nite for us guys..............gotta think about 2moro's game.....betting on tigers looks a doubt...not a nice weather in sydney.....so doesn't suit the game tigers are playing(throwing the ball around)...manly looks all covered in the wet.....will go with manly - the start.......

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 TIGERS(pussycats) vs MANLY Boy did the tigers make a fool of me last weekend! They were shocking vs the panthers last week making a number of schoolboy errors and defending like the cambletown under 10's team. Infact i think its a fair comment to say they played more like pussycats than tigers! Manly have lost 2 straight now and god only knows how they blew there game last sunday vs rabbitohs. They just seemed to switch off in the last 20 minutes and imo blew there chance for the minor preimership.3 stats for this game i would like to share. *The Tigers have won their last 2 matches at ANZ Stadium. They have not won 3 consecutive matches at ANZ Stadium since rd 15 2006 *Manly has not lost 3 consecutive regular season matches since rd 17 2006 *Manly has lost their last 3 matches at ANZ Stadium I think manly will put pay to that last stat this game, with wet weather expected im tipping Des Hasler will have the boys pumped up for this one putting an end to the tigers 2008 season MY TIP: MANLY -6.5 Head to Head Record

Played: 10
4Won6
Previous Meetings
42007 (Brookvale Oval)34
82007 (Leichhardt Oval)19
122006 (Brookvale Oval)16
242006 (Leichhardt Oval)18
492005 (Leichhardt Oval)24
262005 (Brookvale Oval)34
182004 (Brookvale Oval)26
302004 (Leichhardt Oval)22
302003 (Leichhardt Oval)38
382003 (Brookvale Oval)12
Biggest Win/Loss
42007 (Brookvale Oval)34
382003 (Brookvale Oval)12

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 BULLDOGS(puppies) vs EELS What can i say about the puppies another than they are an absolute joke! If i called the tigers defence last week under 10's the bulldogs must be the under 5's special needs children! Even if the line was set at -60.5 i would still take the eels just because i will not put my money anywhere near a sinking ship! Even with bad sydney weather looming im tipping the eels to massacre the hapless dogs MY TIP: EELS -19.5

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Was on Sharks and Broncos 1-12 last night. Not a pretty night. Don't really feel there is too much value in any of today's games, a lot of shorts that should win but there's nothing to be had in the margins or match odds so have gone for a couple of tryscorers - Watmough first try @ 17 and Junior Sau @ 15. Quite like Sau in particular, seeing as the Knights are 1.30 shots and he is a centre who has 4 doubles in the past 10 rounds or so. Sau odds with Betstar.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 We might be beating you in the Olympics but you Oz guys are the very best at predicting NRL games. Today I did a very big wager on Manley and Newcastle in a double giving start. Manley breezed it and Newcastle are 28pts up in the first half. Unless Queensland perform a second-half miracle it's mission completed. Week after week you guys do the business. Brilliant write-ups.

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Canberra win by 13+ margin The form team at the moment is Canberra and they are in such a mood that it is very hard to stop them. They play at a high rate of itensity that the defence does not have the time to get itself set. With the Rabbitohs having to nothing to play for, if the Raiders get an early roll on, then the Rabbitohs may give up this afternoon and hand the Raiders an easy victory. With the Raiders having won 6 of the last 8 games between the two sides, they should notch up another win here Warriors win Warriors have 6 of their last 7 games while the Dragons have only won 2 of their last 6 games. The Warriors have been impressive in recent weeks beating some of the better teams in the comp and with them needing a win here to confirm their top 8 position, they won't want to get other teams to take it at their expense. Not much between the two sides but the momentum and confidence that the Warriors are playing with now, gives them the edge in this game

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Warriors have never won away to the Dragons though, that does put me off. Much as I desperately want the Warriors to win I just can't bring myself to put money on it outright. Instead I've gone for them +6.5pts @ $1.91 This is a must win match for both teams, defeat wouldn't end play off chances for either team, but it'd put a big dent in them. Top Five are safe I think, it's 3 from 8 for the remaining places

I threw my 13+ ticket away at halftime but i will go and retrieve it from the rubbish now!
LOL! :lol I've tipped 7/7 this week and storm should give me 8/8 tomorrow you would expect, pity i didn't multi it :tongue2 I've only had two serious bets this week... Eagles/knights multi and raiders ht/ft. Got 1/2 of them so ended up even. I'm also glad there was a draw this week too :)

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 PANTHERS vs STORM This game on paper looks a one way affair but im not to sure about it. Let me just start this review with 3 stats for this game *Penrith have won their last 2 home games. They have not won 3 consecutive matches at CUA Stadium since rd 21 2006 *Penrith have won their last 2 and 4 of the 6 matches against the Storm at CUA Stadium *The Storm have not won 4 consecutive matches since rd 9. Storm were very impressive last start vs the sydney roosters totaly outclassing ther opposition in all aspects of the game and proving why they truly are the number 1 team. The panthers played the puppydogs last start and gave them a thrashing but we all no the doggies are not realy the best form guide. However 2 weeks ago panthers were smashed 74-12 by the raiders so that is a bit of a worry for them. Its do or die time for the panthers and they would need to play at 100% and have everything go there way to beat this very professional storm outfit. I don't see that happening, but i do see this one been closer than everyone thinks MY TIP: MELBOURNE 1-12 @ 3.10

It's early days and I don't usually like to put any bets out at this time of the week, but because I will be away over the weekend here is how I see the best betting action for the NRL this week. On Saturday you have the second best pack in the comp, Manly, coming up against a small pack in the Tigers. While the Tigers pack on their day can hold their own against weaker teams, I think they will be steamrolled this week by the likes of Perry, Kite, Watmough and the rest. The Tigers can be exciting and dangerous on their day, but they will be put under enormous pressure by the Eagles and this will tell towards the end of the game. The 6.5 point line to the tigers should be more like 9.5, so back Manly to cover 6.5 at $1.91 with Centrebet. On Sunday you have the Raiders up against the Rabbitohs. Whilst the Rabbitohs were impressive last week, their general inconsistency will hurt them against a good, disciplined team like the Raiders. The Raiders halves are underrated and their centre pairing will prove to be difficult to contain. Again, the 6.5 point line here seems thin, so back Canberra to cover 6.6 at $1.91 with Centrebet. Providing it's a dry track and the ref holds a good ten metres, it might also be worth looking at the over's in points scored in this match, depending on what the bookies set it at. Good luck!
Hope you guys backed both of these! A good winning weekend

Re: NRL Round 24 - August 22 - 25 Melbourne -15.5 The Storm are in great form as they gear towards the semi's and they will want to win here to remain outright in first place. Their backs have a decisive advantage over the Panthers, while their forwards more than hold their own. While the Panthers on their day can match it with most teams, the fact we have them against the best team in the comp, and also not knowing how well the Panthers will play because of their inconsistencies, means the Storm should win this decisively. Also the Storm have won the last 3 encounters between the teams