** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week.....

Re: York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week..... The 2YO 'Sales' Race is being run at Newmarket on Friday The Ebor is going to Newbury on Friday and renamed as the Newburgh Handicap......... The Great Voltigeur is moving to Goodwood on Saturday.......... They hope to find a place for the Gimcrack..........( why not Beverley, they have a 2 day meeting this weekend !)

Re: York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week..... Can not see the point of more drainage work at York. This is meant to be the height of summer after all. We won't get so much rain most years. This course is called the KnavesMIRE for a very good reason. I can see the York PR people have let racegoers down by not fully informing them of the problems. However, this is an act of "god". So what if we lose a meeting once every 15 years or so. The best races can be run elsewhere anyway. More drainage work can make going too firm when there is not much rain around. And runs the risk of changing draw advantages too. York is usually a fair course in that respect. I feel sorry for those who have booked hotels etc. but we all know the hazards, this type of thing can happen. Ginge

Re: York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week.....

Can not see the point of more drainage work at York. This is meant to be the height of summer after all. We won't get so much rain most years. This course is called the KnavesMIRE for a very good reason. I can see the York PR people have let racegoers down by not fully informing them of the problems. However, this is an act of "god". So what if we lose a meeting once every 15 years or so. The best races can be run elsewhere anyway. More drainage work can make going too firm when there is not much rain around. And runs the risk of changing draw advantages too. York is usually a fair course in that respect. I feel sorry for those who have booked hotels etc. but we all know the hazards, this type of thing can happen. Ginge
Like you say the PR is the problem. A pal of mine lives very close to the course and he told me late on Monday night that there was no chance of racing this week. They could've stopped a lot of people travelling.

Re: York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week..... Have they re-opened the races ? I see that Bankable is in the International now..........it wasn't before..... Or maybe they've just printed the five day decs or something......... Confusing...........

Re: York 19/8/08 -ABANDONED - For the whole week.....

Have they re-opened the races ? I see that Bankable is in the International now..........it wasn't before..... Or maybe they've just printed the five day decs or something......... Confusing...........
International being run on Sat at Newmarket