** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Advice Needed Please

Guest tsikitsiki

Guest tsikitsiki

Can someone please provide me with some advice - As someone who places a few big accy's every week, I dont seem to ever win anything (I can imagine some of you now murmering ....no sh**). However, I seem to get approx 70-80 percent of my picks correct and am normally let down by the odd few. Surely there is some ways to turn this into profit. I have included a typical form after the event - could anyone advise how I could have maximised the profit here - bearing in mind the accy would have paid £1500. 1 31/01/2004 Liverpool v Everton (Full Time Result) Liverpool 8/11 Lost 2 31/01/2004 Crystal Palace v Wimbledon (Full Time Result) Crystal Palace 4/7 Won 3 31/01/2004 West Ham v Rotherham (Full Time Result) West Ham 8/15 Won 6 01/02/2004 FC Zwolle v FC Utrecht (Full Time Result) FC Utrecht 10/11 Lost 7 01/02/2004 St.-Truidense v Anderlecht (Full Time Result) Anderlecht 8/13 Won 8 31/01/2004 Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayern Munich (Full Time Result) Bayern Munich 8/13 Lost 9 31/01/2004 VfB Stuttgart v Hansa Rostock (Full Time Result) VfB Stuttgart 8/15 Won 10 31/01/2004 Werder Bremen v Hertha Berlin (Full Time Result) Werder Bremen 4/7 Won 11 31/01/2004 Stafford Rangers v Canvey Island (Full Time Result) Canvey Island 10/11 Won 12 31/01/2004 Auxerre v Bordeaux (Full Time Result) Auxerre 5/6 Won 13 31/01/2004 West Brom v Watford (Full Time Result) West Brom 8/15 Won 14 31/01/2004 Hamilton v East Fife (Full Time Result) Hamilton 4/5 Won 2 games void Hope someone is able to advise as although I do the accy's for a bit of fun, it seems that I as well chucking a tenner down the drain every week and not bother wasting my time. Cheers chaps. PS - apart from my non-sense in fixed odds betting, I do find this a good place to get my info - just wish I used it better Tsikitsikiyoyo

Guest DoctorOfDanger

Re: Advice Needed Please

Hope someone is able to advise as although I do the accy's for a bit of fun, it seems that I as well chucking a tenner down the drain every week and not bother wasting my time.
Never a truer word. The point is that accys fail because when you take that many 'hot favourites' together and need all of them to win, the law of averages conspires against you. If you want to treat it as a lottery style bit of fun then fine, but if you really feel you are chucking it away then stay clear of the accys and look for value in singles or at most doubles.

Guest DannyCash

Re: Advice Needed Please Ok, I hope you don't mind my views on this mate. Firstly if you are going to do 12-fold accumulators, chances are you are going to win about 1 bet every season, probably none. If you can live in the hope that a single winner will outway all your losses then fine, I have no argument with this as long as you can handle losing most weeks thinking "If only such-and-such won" - I know I couldn't. I would personally whittle down your selections to about 3 or 4 strong picks and do singles and doubles but raise the stakes a bit. Looking at your last 12 results there you had 9 from 12 which is a good strike rate. If you can keep it up you will make a profit long term. You made 2.9 points profit from an outlay of 12 points sticking to singles which is a profit nonetheless!! At £5 a bet thats almost £15 profit, which is more than you threw away on the accumlator! Good luck, whichever way you go Danny

Guest raylin47

accas Although I don't go for accas One permutation that worked for me was select 15 teams and group them into 3 groups of five =10 bets or 16 teams grouped into 4 groups any three groups from four =4 bets

Guest Irish TW

Advice Needed Please remember when you bet accys on say 12 teams you are only getting about half (I'd guess ;) ) the true odds by the time the bookies overround has been multiplied 12 times.

Guest Whopper73

Re: Advice Needed Please accies..........arrrgggghhhh...........nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:loon :banghead seriously, take the great advice given here and stick to doubles and singles!

Re: Advice Needed Please Whopper, I second that! I have lost count of the number of times I have been let down with accys. Back in the day when I first started betting you could never beat a good accy on a Saturday. You would stand to win something stupid like 3grand, but did it ever happen...no!!!! Punters Lounge is a great place to pick up tips and advice, everybody who is new to the lounge should listen to what is said here. There are some seriously knowledgable guys around, they know what they are talking about. Tsikitsiki, I would listen to these guys. Forget about the 15team accys and stick to doubles...it may not be anywhere near as exciting but you WILL win more often. I rarely even put on trebles nowadays, I have been stung too often! You seem to have a good strike-rate here mate, stick to singles and doubles and I am sure you will make a bit of cash! Alexmac :drums

Guest Oddsfellow

Advice Needed Please If you want to back so many selections and have such a high strike rate then singles must be the answer. If not i would consider using Lucky 15's were one winner pays treble the odds and with your strike rate returns should be good.