Best Bet of the Day - Wed 6th August

4.30 Brighton: Lancaster Lad Couple of wins in sellers in June and July over 1m trip including over course & distance. Easy to forgive latest run over 7f at Lingfield and last months flop over C&D when proven cheekpieces were left off. With cheekpieces reapplied, Steve Drowne in the saddle (1 win from 1 on this animal) and return to 1m as a previous course winner gives him every chance today. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Wed 6th August 4.00 Brighton - Ivory Lace EW Like the look of this one Looking at it's record it's what I think of as a Goodwood-Lingfield(Turf)-Brighton horse........best suited to those undulating, bendy kind of tracks that don't suit every horse. Sure suits this one as it's win record shows. One thing about these courses is that they favour the higher weighted horses in handicaps. I think this is because, on the whole, the nature of the track means that the 'pack' run at a slower pace than they would on a flat track - this allows the better class horses within the handicap to use their speed at the business end of the race. Ivory Lace is topweight........rated 80, so it just gets in to this 0-80 contest after having to run in higher class races when it's mark was over 80 As I'd expect with a G-L(T)-B horse this one wins when it is at the top of the handicap - it's last 5 handicap wins have been when it is carrying 9-6 or more. Slight worry that it's never won at 8F........but it was running on well last time at Goodwood and I think it will get the trip OK 16 runners.........bet ya bottom dollar something will come out to deny us 4 places........those bookies will be frantically ringing around the trainers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.