Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY

avongirl

Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY  

1. 1.

• Yes I will play this Friday 8th
    • Yes, but not this Friday
    • No thanks, I'm not kinky enough to play

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY

being able to only set 1 table is a pain:wall but other than that it went pretty well i thought
Now we have a tested format I guess we can set them up a bit earlier next time. If we had 4 who know how to do it we can alternate so we can keep up and keep the flow going. I was pleased with how smoothly the change overs went (other than setting up the tables) and everyone bought in correctly and sat out at the right time pretty much. Well done all. :clap I think I preferred that to the regular kinky games. It only cost me about $5 and I lasted all night. :loon Actually, I think I must have forgotten to do the $2 add at one of the changes because my figures don't add up. :eyes:lol I can also see that I'm crap at omaha but better at hilo - I think we need razz in there. :tongue2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Worked quite well. To retain the ''kinky'' handle I don't think we should have NLHE...that just ain't kinky is it? Including 5 card draw limit or Razz instead of the limit omaha hi/lo would allow for pot limit omaha hi/lo to come in. Then could end with no limit omaha instead of NLHE. My favourite bit was when I realised that Teaulc was getting peed off because some wouldn't fold in the stud! Problem here was the ante was too high and made folding very difficult from a pot-odds perspective. :eyes A good night. :ok

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY

Worked quite well. To retain the ''kinky'' handle I don't think we should have NLHE...that just ain't kinky is it? Including 5 card draw limit or Razz instead of the limit omaha hi/lo would allow for pot limit omaha hi/lo to come in. Then could end with no limit omaha instead of NLHE. My favourite bit was when I realised that Teaulc was getting peed off because some wouldn't fold in the stud! Problem here was the ante was too high and made folding very difficult from a pot-odds perspective. :eyes A good night. :ok
yeah the stud antes just dont seem to be realistic vs the blinds:wall you can change 1 and it alters the other ,but the antes seem to be bigger than the blinds however you do it:eyes. just checked ,however you do it the blinds are half the ante:eyesthats pretty dumb:wall like you say its pretty unfoldable because of pot odds. i thought it was the other way round on prima ,but its the same as laddies:tongue2. is this normal? i dont play much cash stud but this seems like its just not right,i like some action but that seems crazy:unsure if anyone can think of a mainstream site with private tables and all the games, and maybe has a different stud structure i'd be well chuffed coz i cant think of any:wall

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY I agree with the others, the format worked well. Ironically, Stud was the only game I won at, in spite of the ante's:unsure. I too would get rid of Hold Em, and put in another variant (if that is possible). I'm quite good at Pairs, passable at Snap, and my Gin Rummy is to die for.:loon

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY i did enjoy last night,it worked well but as Uber said no-one could lay down their hands and i forget how many times i was rivered:sad,then my KK/888 gets done by Rvrd`s AA/888 and had 2 other full houses beaten,but hey am i depressed? TOO FECKING RIGHT I AM ;);):lol:lol i look forward to the next one,well played all :clap:clap

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Thoroughly enjoyed it ( except for the last hand i played !! i didnt go off in a huff honest, the misses wanted to use the pc and threw me off it ) None of the expected chaos Thanks to everyone that organised it :clap:clap would like to be able to miss a round as before Think we should drop the NL holdem too as its not kinky enough, im up for some pot limit beat your neighbour tho

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY i enjoyed the holdem at the end ,maybe it had too much say in the outcome tho. maybe dropping it to plholdem would be better:unsure i think it run pretty well ,nearly everyone got to the holdem and i'd doubt many would go out pre pl omaha.the add ons actually added to the game really ,as the shorter stacks could sit back and wait a little:ok if we do it again ,we may as well move back to laddies if nobody objects. the stud antes work the same on either and at least you can set up 3 tables on laddies,will be much easier;)

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Yeah get rid of the holdem as I went bust in that in 2 hands and that's supposed to be my game of choice! :$ :lol Thoroughly enjoyable night as usual. :clap

i enjoyed the holdem at the end ,maybe it had too much say in the outcome tho. maybe dropping it to plholdem would be better:unsure
Exactly what I was thinking. Having made it through 3 kinky rounds, the whole outcome was decided on our standard game. The advantage with holding it on Prima is the choice of sites. I found I had about $70 in BetonBet, where I've not played since the league we had, whereas I would have needed to deposit into Laddies. I think we can get round the 1 table restriction with some pre planning of a few setting up tables, but the biggest problem was not being able to chat unless you were sat down - can you chat on Laddies, I can't remember?

yeah the stud antes just dont seem to be realistic vs the blinds:wall you can change 1 and it alters the other ,but the antes seem to be bigger than the blinds however you do it:eyes. just checked ,however you do it the blinds are half the ante:eyesthats pretty dumb:wall like you say its pretty unfoldable because of pot odds. i thought it was the other way round on prima ,but its the same as laddies:tongue2. is this normal? i dont play much cash stud but this seems like its just not right,i like some action but that seems crazy:unsure if anyone can think of a mainstream site with private tables and all the games, and maybe has a different stud structure i'd be well chuffed coz i cant think of any:wall
Just seen GaF having a conversation with MGR-Isabel about this while at the 32Red table tonight. She asked him to test out a table with her, think they played a 0.50/1.0. 7-card stud fixed limit. I think the outcome was it was still a 10c ante. Anyway, she is going to forward a complaint to their software provider. :ok

Just seen GaF having a conversation with MGR-Isabel about this while at the 32Red table tonight. She asked him to test out a table with her' date=' think they played a 0.50/1.0. 7-card stud fixed limit. I think the outcome was it was still a 10c ante. Anyway, she is going to forward a complaint to their software provider. :ok[/quote'] cool:D

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Hey guys, That's correct; I have contacted MicroGaming to see if the antes can be changed in the Private Games so that they will be more balanced with the blinds. I assume that if I can get it done you guys will be playing on 32Red solely on the Fridays! I'm not doing all this work so you can play on Ladbrokes when it's fixed (will be fixed there as well when I manage to get the change through since Ladbrokes uses the same software) ;) Haha, ok hope you're njoying the 32Red Poker Olympics and I'll see you all on the tables soon! Izz (Poker Manager at 32Red Poker)

Hey guys, That's correct; I have contacted MicroGaming to see if the antes can be changed in the Private Games so that they will be more balanced with the blinds. I assume that if I can get it done you guys will be playing on 32Red solely on the Fridays! I'm not doing all this work so you can play on Ladbrokes when it's fixed (will be fixed there as well when I manage to get the change through since Ladbrokes uses the same software) ;) Haha, ok hope you're njoying the 32Red Poker Olympics and I'll see you all on the tables soon! Izz (Poker Manger at 32Red Poker)
:welcome to PL Izzy, thanks for your help :ok

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY :welcomeizzy. well as you have been kind enough to look into our problem ,i think its only fair we should continue to play on 32red:clap:clap loving the olympic games btw:) rebuy nl omaha is a bit unusual but definately fun:loon

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Thanks ubermonkey1 (very special name;))! That's good news:) Yes, about the NL Omaha and Stud... currently looking into that and think I will change them into PL. That's obviously the regular way to do it & dunno why they were set up as NL. But I will double think that over and I'll post the results here on the forum tomorrow; if anyone has an opinion about this plz post it, ideas always welcome!

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Hey Guppie! So you are ... (am I allowed to say your Alias here?) haha I'm not sure yet, might be away for that weekend actually, so depends on that;)

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY Yes Izzy no problem with my Alias everyone here knows it anyway,like a 2nd home to me:lol. Definitely would go with Pot Limit:ok When you are making changes less rebuys would be good or if not at least 2nd chance events :) If you are away have a great time but make sure you are on the tables soon:)

Update Antes & Stud/Omaha Format Hey guys, Quick update... I now changed all the 7 Card Stud & Omaha tournaments into a PL format (rest remains as it was). As of tonight the new format is active! About the high Antes in Private Games, I had to log a Development Request with Microgaming (which I did) and since it will be a change far in the backend it will need time to be realized. There is a queue of developments and they are handled in order of importance. It is being worked on however it just takes some time so I would like to ask for your patience in this matter. Good luck in tonights games!!:poker

Re: Kinky Friday Cash Variants - BPP Focus Game Friday 8th - 4x100m SWIMMING MEDLEY thanks izzy:ok i have a couple of other queries about the private table software. maybe you could look into them if possible:notworthy 1) no 5 card draw.....again seems odd as i sometimes play the $5 draw tourney(badly:tongue2).the software is there ,so why no draw on the pt's:unsure 2)any chance of razz ,stud hilo and horse ever being added:hope. everyone keeps asking me if we can play these, but no site has them on pt's :sad 3)any chance more than 1 table could be set up per player. our original home(who i will no longer mention;))you can set up 3 which is quite handy.although we can get round it with a bit of planning ,if it could be changed it would help:D cheers for the help so far :ok