** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Steele penetration-only system

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dosheroonie

Re: 31/1/2004 Hi Macbeth I think that the returns you are achieving with this system are quite impressive, especially on the homes. I hope it continues for you. I have read Mr Steele's book and I note that he uses his system in conjunction with two other systems and even then only arrives at a selection after he has discounted any picks affected by adverse team news. Have you thought about "refining" your selections by applying any different criteria?

Thoughts Dosh I do do that refining as well, or have moved to that thro the season. The report I produce out of my database is sorted on what he has as penetration difference. I also then print the power rtaing difference, thre recnt form difference, and I have also introdcued my own indicator too. This is the delta in the raw penetration data. If you remember Steel adds a point tot he penetration result for sides who win. I accept his logic in doing this but I also like to have a feel for the 'raw' penetration figure. As you'd expect there is no huge disrepancy between the figures but occasionally it highlights a potential area to look at further. As an example tomorrow Mansfield are at Rochdale. The penetration figure is .54 in the favour of Mansfield, the power 0.8 and thre recent form 7. Mansfield look good on all indicators. My last one shows that when it comes down to raw penetration data Rochdale are better. As my results to date have shown aways to be problematic I will reject any away that has any 'bad news'. For me in the Rochdale example, the raw data is 'bad news".

7/2/04 status Homes only Staked 138 units Return 148.11 units P&L +10.11 units Yield 7.3% Win/loss 44/25 Strike rate 63.8% Average odds 1.71 Non-homes (either 2 or X2) Staked 134 units Return 121.19 units P&L -12.81 units Yield -9.6% Win/loss 35/32 Strike rate 52.2% Average odds 1.92 Overall Staked 272 units Return 269.48 units P&L -2.52 units Yield -0.9% Win/loss 79/57 Strike rate 58.1% Average odds 1.83

14/2/2004 Home double, two point stake Liverpool - Portsmouth 1.44 Canbet Wigan - Derby 1.67 Canbet Double odds 2.41 Homes, two points each Ipswich - Bradford 1.50 BlueSq Doncaster - Macclesfield 1.57 Canbet Aways, Asian handicaps, two points Watford - Preston (0) 1.93 Pinnacle Sheff Wed - Hartlepool (0) 2.2 Canbet

20/3/04 Forgot to post on here midweek when everything went amazingly well !! Three homes, two points per selection Villa 1.85 Gamebookers Kidderminster 1.8 BlueSq Peterboro 2.25 Skybet One away on the AH, two points Wigan - Coventry (+1) 1.83 Gamebookers

• 3 weeks later...