Best bet of the day 31/07

Last day of the month Selections here please Goodwood 2.50 G3 sprint I may be talking out of turn but Dandy Man must be a good thing here. Ignore the fact that the mighty Godolphin now train the horse ! however its a G1 performer in a G3 race against a number of handicappers who are listed class at best. Fat Boy looks the danger on form but the drop back to 5f after running almost solely at 6f/7f is a strange one. DMan ran to a 1L defeat in the kings Stand from an unfavourable draw, however I couldnt see any of this field within 5L of the winner that day. Ladbrokes go 11/4. That looks a bit big IMO. I thought this would be a 2/1 shot at best.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 415 Stratford : Lord Baskerville EW Cant knock the fav Kings Head, tipped it last time when they withdrew it but looks like being very short in the market. At bigger odds I like Lord Baskerville although I agree its not very well handicapped at present but you can completely ignore its last two runs since his rise so it might not look as impossible at first sight. He ran on Soft ground at MR which was never going to suit and didnt stay over further before that, back to 2 miles, a track he likes, the ground perfect, we will see for sure if he needs to come down the rating a few marks after this, at 14/1 looks worth a little wager EW. Good luck with those chasing the title!

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 16.40 - Goodwood - Tawaash EW (10/1 Ladbrokes, 4 places 1/4 odds) Backed this horse when winning well in a maiden at Lingfield in this thread and have been keepeing an eye on since. Always though could run well at this level and today has conditions in place to run well. Trainer on form, has ideal draw and runs on the ground. Also think 7F is ideal. Won 2/3 at 7F and ran well LTO in a big field class 2 handicap to place in third.The run before that saw him run in 10th in a group 3 race, but was not too far off the pace and was respectable. One of only 2 horses in the field to have a group entry and I expect a bold show from the high draw.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 Good 2.50 Masta Plasta 1pt win Pace pace and more pace. One of the speediest types around and in great form atm, won big york handicap, showed blinding speed in the dash at epsom, if drawn better may not have been caught that day, raced well abroad against horses who proved ability in group races afterwards and showed more blinding speed at the curragh lto when winning, clearly now in the sort of top juvenile form he was in that saw him win at the royal meet a few years back and could be tricky to catch from wide and possibly ideal draw from whats been shown this week. A drop of rain wouldnt be a huge problem at all. Dandy Man feared most but he has questions to answer now, unlucky 3 years on the trot at asc. maybe but he often fails to win races after that and also there is the question of stable form.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07

16.40 - Goodwood - Tawaash EW (10/1 Ladbrokes, 4 places 1/4 odds) Backed this horse when winning well in a maiden at Lingfield in this thread and have been keepeing an eye on since. Always though could run well at this level and today has conditions in place to run well. Trainer on form, has ideal draw and runs on the ground. Also think 7F is ideal. Won 2/3 at 7F and ran well LTO in a big field class 2 handicap to place in third.The run before that saw him run in 10th in a group 3 race, but was not too far off the pace and was respectable. One of only 2 horses in the field to have a group entry and I expect a bold show from the high draw.
Sorry. this is a WIN bet for this thread - being last day of the month and all ;)

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 2.50 Goodwood: Moorhouse Lad Won this event well last year and has ideal draw today one from rail to put in another bold effort. Finished a way behind Dandy Man at Ascot LTO when also drawn on wrong side but that was his first run of the season and looking back over his form he appears to need that run to put him straight - therefore has to be a chance he could put in a better show against that rival today which should put him right there. Ryan Moore is one from two on the selection and has a solid record for the stable so Moorhouse Lad has every chance of repeating last year's success today. Has course form too which is always a bonus at Goodwood. Would normally be an each way selection but as it is last day of month will go all out for glory with a win bet!! WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07

415 Stratford : Lord Baskerville EW Cant knock the fav Kings Head, tipped it last time when they withdrew it but looks like being very short in the market. At bigger odds I like Lord Baskerville although I agree its not very well handicapped at present but you can completely ignore its last two runs since his rise so it might not look as impossible at first sight. He ran on Soft ground at MR which was never going to suit and didnt stay over further before that, back to 2 miles, a track he likes, the ground perfect, we will see for sure if he needs to come down the rating a few marks after this, at 14/1 looks worth a little wager EW. Good luck with those chasing the title!
Ran into a place for you, nice one :clap

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 8.50 Musselburgh. Smiddy Hill. 0.5 points each way. Dropped to a mark says a win is more than possible, and with having the chance to impriove a little after the last run, the odds are looking big. Trip and ground not a problem, so off a low mark of 48, this course and distance winner looks very appetising.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/07 Now I suppose I could copy Falbravs selection to ensure he can't win the comp on the last day but that would be rather cheeky wouldn't it :lol I'll try run it to the wire instead as I wanna play fair......... 7.30 Sandown The Witch Doctor -didn't get a clear run here LTO and runs off the same mark over CD again. Was closely matched with Adversity at Windsor back in April and that rival has just won off 83 at Chester. Light From Mars, who he was 1.5 lengths behind on his last run, was rated 80, so I think Jeremy Noseda's horse has a chance here running off 79.