** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mr I's Tennis System

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fin090

Re: .. Man they're some gutsy bets, Mr I. The only one I'd have confidence in is Massu but now I've said that it will be the other 2 that are winners and not Massu.

Guest davidcampbell

... sorry mr i, i can see how you have misconstrued that, that wasnt how it was meant. i was :rollin at your "before this thread i didnt know what it was" comment re yield. i thought it was funny. sorry:o

Guest DoctorOfDanger

Re: ... I'm with you on the Schuettler bet but not the other two. I actually think there is value on Henman and Nalbandian

Re: ... Another losing day. Just can't seem to get it right this tournament. SANTORO v Nalbandian @ 4.60 Canbet 1.39pts >: LOST loss 1.39pts MASSU v Henman @ 2.00 WillHill 5pts >: LOST loss 5pts SCHUETTLER v Hewitt @ 2.62 Bet365 3.09pts :) WON profit 5pts Daily loss = 1.39pts Starting bank = 100pts Current bank = 132.61pts Profit = 32.61pts W/L = 42/52 Total staked = 406.04pts Yield = 8.03%

Guest Fin090

Re: ... Unlucky mate, thought Massu would do the biz against Henman (who along with Zimonjic dumped Massu and Gonzalez out of the doubles too). I know you don't like odds on picks but how about SAFIN 2-0 v Martin, it's 8/13 @ bet365 and I'm sure you can find better else where. Safin has met Martin 5 times and won all 5, 4 of which were in straight sets.

Re: ... I have decided to add a new dimension to the system, and that is to bet that a match will go to 3 sets i.e. back both guys to win 2-1. I think this will only happen rarely tho. Nalbandian v Coria 3 SETS @ 2.31 Bet365 3.82pts (Bandy 2-1 @ 5.5 1.61pts, Coria 2-1 @ 4.00 2.21pts) Henman v Scheuttler 3 SETS @ 2.12 Bet365 4.47pts (Tim 2-1 @ 4.0 2.37pts, Sch 2-1 @ 4.5 2.1pts) Hope that makes sence! No proper bets for tomorrow!!:lol

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Mr I's Tennis System Good luck with that Mr I. Agree that Coria and Shuettler will be taken to 3 sets so have gone with Safin 2-0 @ 4/7 Moya 2-0 @ 8/13 Coria 2-1 @ 3/1 Shuettler 2-1 @ 3/1 All at 365 for a small stakes acca. :ok Always wondered why tennis coverage was low on the 'Other Sports' forum and just realised you were in here :o

Guest fender2004

Re: ... Mr intensity you usually come over to the horseracing/greyhound forum to take the mick. So I decided to visit your playground. And you know this system you've got here is actually very good. I noticed at one point you were up to over 150 pts, which is an excellent turnover for a 100 pt bank. I am sorry to see you've dropped back down. I don't know much about how you bet. Maybe you'd take the time to explain it in more detail to me ? But I think if you're a little bit more selective about what you bet on. You are on to a real winner here. Kindest regards fender...

Re: ... :lol Hi fender, sorry about all that, I'll let your posted results prove me wrong :ok .

I don't know much about how you bet. Maybe you'd take the time to explain it in more detail to me ?
First of all the system is not mechanical so quite a bit is down to my feeling/knowledge :lol of the game. I can give out a couple of ideas tho; Firstly, I try to pick one or two guys who have impressed me during qualifying or who I fancy to have a good week. I will then try to follow them through the draw, betting on them on most occasions except when I really don't see them winning or the odds are prohibative. As an example, last week my man was Haas, it was perfect as he went all the way and won the tournament. This week it was Benneteau, unfortunately it didn't work as he went out in the 1st round to Hewitt. The other idea is my new one, I think that if I find a match where I feel the players are playing a pretty similar level and past H2H shows close matches (I may bet without H2H) then I can assume about a 50% chance of it going to 3 sets (crude I know). Therefore, if I can get over evens then thats VALUE.
But I think if you're a little bit more selective about what you bet on.
I don't agree with this. I am going for a high turnover of the bank so need a lot of bets. I recall you saying you wanted at least a trebling of the bank in a year??? This is very tough. However, I reckon I can turnover 4000pts in a season, so with a 5% yield I would have 300pts in a year ;) . **** it, 8% and I would have 420pts :lol . Any more questions please ask.

Guest fender2004

Re: ... Thankyou for explaining that in more detail for me Mr Intensity. I know its hard to treble a betting bank in a year. When I first began using my Timeline system 9 months ago, my staking was very undisciplined,And I was risking as much as 40% at a time on trap 3 or 4. luckily for me they didn't let me down and for the first 7 months my betting bank grew by an average of 49% a month. As a result I was able to turn £200 into nearly £4,700 over that period. As you know I use a progressive staking plan, which coupled with a high strike rate made this possible. I wouldn't take such risks now. I now risk an average of 6% of my bank on any one betting run of 7 bets. And try to achieve a monthly growth of about 8%. if I am able to achieve this then by the end of the year, my current total of £4,860 will grow to approximately 9,000 and I will be very happy with that. If itcontinues like that throughout 2005 it will grow to approximately £22,000 which represents an annual growth of about 140% and I will be more than satisfied with that. Kindest regards Fender.

Guest CJ Mars

Re: ... The only thing I like more than systems (in gambling terms anyway :lol ) is staking plans. My ideal goal is to double my bank in a given year. I’ve never come close mind although last year was good and this year has started well. Took me a long time to realize but what’s really helped me this year has been a move away from level stakes punting. While its true that a staking plan can never in the long run turn a losing system profitable a winning system’s returns can only be improved by a better staking plan such as Kelly / fixed profits or so on. Not a fan of progressive staking but again with a winning system that too will return $$.

Guest fender2004

Re: ... Absolutely CJ, I think Mr Intensity's system would benifit from even a very slight progressive staking plan. As I followed his bets I can see a very good strike rate. At the moment he's going up & down. But if he even increased by 20% each betting day. When he hits the winners they'll not only make him profit, but recover more of the pts lost from the previous losers. What is the point of having an excellent system like this and not making the most of it? As an experiment I am going to go through his bets, and work a slight progressive plan against them. And let him know where he would now stand in terms of pts. I know he'll probably be totally against this, but it will be interesting. The guys strike rate is exceptional, and he should still be around the 150pt mark even with his recent losing run...

Guest DoctorOfDanger

Re: ... Mr. I there is plenty of information here in this section (or in another site I could name :lol ) on the merits and demerits of a progressive plan. In short don't - they don't work. Any plan can be tweaked to show marvellous results on a particular subset of data - but will it always work? There are 4 things that should determine the size of your stake: 1) The 'edge' you have on an individual bet 2) The odds available for that bet 3) The size of your betting bank 4) Your personal pain threshold for risk/reward balance I really don't have the energy right now to go into a lengthy denunciation of what fender posted, but have a search in the archives and you'll find it.