HRB Ratings System - Not exactly taking off just yet...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts Not one win today. Another day like this tomorrow and I'm going to have make it a paper trial for now:eyes Just cannot understand the mire it's going through at the moment. It is by far and away the worst by a country mile that the system would have performed in over 2 and a half years.:sad I know I keep saying this over and over and over again but it's the truth:$

Re: HRB Ratings System - Advice needed Hmmm, well it seems that I missed a 15/8 winner and in fact included 2 horses that by the time they went off didn't qualify. For anybody who is looking I wonder if I may ask some advice. Because at the moment I can't check as to whether something is a qualifier just before the race I have two options: 1) I either place them all and hope any non qualifiers that lose are balanced out by those non qualifiers that win. And any missed qualfiers that win are balanced out by those that lose. 2) If the going on which this selection is based has changed overnight or leading up to the race I avoid the selection and move on to the next. Basically the speed estimation ratings are so badly affected by the going at times that it could almost be random. Without those speed estimate ratings the expected s/r goes down from 37.30% to around just over 30% and there appears to be no way I can replicate this based on factors not given to change. So....I open up the floor:unsure

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts 14:30 Brighton - Saharan Royal - placed -2.00:( 14:50 Newcastle - Needwood Lad @ 3.20 - won +4.18:) 16:20 Newcastle - Calcutta Cup - lost -2.00:( 16:30 Brighton - Ogre @ 4.75 - won +7.13:) 17:25 Gowran Park - Born To Be King @ 1.57 - won +1.08:) 17:45 Sligo - Dubitante - placed -2.00:( 19:20 Kempton - Andhaar - placed -2.00:( 19:25 Gowran Park - Reload - lost -2.00:( 19:55 Gowran Park - Beat The Rain - placed -2.00:( 20:05 Yarmouth - Askar Tau @ 1.40 - won +76p:) 4-6 (40.00%) & +1.15 today 23-45 (33.82%) & +4.07 overall

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts Well after yesterday I've got to be pleased with anything I can get but all told it was a disappointing night with only the short prices managing to win. On the other side of the coin I managed to place 8/10 horses today and made profit of over 9pts (including Dubitante which was 3.85 just to place) so I would be a fool not to include these from now on.

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts Thanks to Betfair SP I managed to get some better odds yesterday which helped counter changes with qualifiers. Turns out Calcutta Cup, Reload & Beat The Rain were not in fact qualifiers by the end. By the same turn of events I did manage to pick up all the winners and also missed out on Bijou Dan which was a qualifier and couldn't even place. I feel the place bets will help to counter this for now. In the long run however, horesracebase.com do plan to try and include a facility where going can be changed on racecards in order that selections can be checked at the last minute. In short the postings here should, over time, begin to resemble more closely the actual system qualifiers anybody would see if backchecking these:ok

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts 15:00 Brighton - Cavendish Road @ 3.15/1.93 - won +4.09:)/+1.77:) 15:10 Haydock - Hunt The Bottle - lost -2.00:(/-2.00:( 15:30 Brighton - Glencal - lost -2.00:(/-2.00:( 16:20 Yarmouth - Rampant Ronnie - lost -2.00:(/-2.00:( 17:10 Sligo - Ashka @ 3.81/1.43 - placed -2.00:(/+82p:) 17:30 Tipperary - Sugar Free @ 1.73/1.11 - won +1.39:)/+20p:) 18:25 Bath - Rioliina @ 4.68/1.58 - won +7.00:)/+1.10:) 18:45 Sligo - Theocritus @ 4.20/1.13 - placed -2.00:(/+25p:) 18:50 Sandown - Dreamwalk - lost -2.00:(/-2.00:( 19:00 Bath - Frame And Cover - lost -2.00:(/-2.00:( 19:05 Tipperary - Westphalia @ 2.22/1.33 - won +2.32:)/+63p:) That's typical - I include placings in my postings for the first time and ensure a losing day:eyes Win bets 4-7 (36.36%) & +80p today 27-52 (34.18%) & +4.87 overall Place bets 6-5 (54.55%) & -5.23 to start

Re: HRB Ratings System - Horses to Back +17.59pts Well after I saw quite a few winners go romping in early yesterday on almost selections I naturally began to think that changes in the going could have mean that these became qualifiers I missed out on. As it happens they weren't qualifiers and neither were the 2 winners Cavendish Road & Westphalia as well as Hunt The Bottle which lost. So all being said the system continues to struggle and can hopefully expect a major upturn very shortly:hope