** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ascot Saturday 26/7/08

In the 3.40 Mark Johnston 3yo is an interesting runner in UNDERWORLD 33's has been impressive sofar will have to improve but ca and stable starting to hit form and a lively outsider is GALLANTRY at 66's with ground and distance ideal. Last years 4.55 winner MIDDLEMARCH will go close again was 33's last year likely to be half that this time but well worth an e/w imo.

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/8/08

SportHorse Racing
Event305 Ascot
SelectionNavajo Jo (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date26/07/2008
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 11.00 (Back)
Reasoningwon well last time, the form has been franked with the 2nd 3rd and 4th all winning since. The handicap mark he has been granted looks a fair one.

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/8/08 Ascot (Racing looks good here) 2.00 Wildcat Wizard could be a winner here as her form looks really strong, Has won both his races in Class 3 and seems to be getting faster the more he runs, Doctor Craine is another one who could improve and also won his last 2 outings, has risen in the weights but could improve past this. Advice Wildcat Wizard 1 Point Win Doctor Craine 1 Point Win. 2.35 April Pride has question marks over this trip (Seems to prefer 5f) and her best form was a Class 1 event where she came 2nd, up by 1lb should run a big race if improving up to 6f, Danidh Dubai could also be a danger especially on her 3rd in Class 1 last time out, Carrying same weight and could make the frame again. Advice April Pride 1 Point E/W Danidh Dubai 1 Point E/W or 1 Point Win depending on price. 3.05 A Few here with good chances, Fathsta best performance seem to be last time out when 4th at Newmarket (Ran On) now 4lbs better off, Yamal who should be supported before the off, Won his last race in Class 4 going up in class now but down by nearly a stone, Always A Rock looks a good price at around 7/1 Won his last race 1 week ago in Class 2 and is now carrying the same weight so should make his presence felt. Advice Fathsta 1 Point E/W Yamal 1 Point E/W or 1 Point Win depending on price. Always A Rock 1 Point E/W or 1 Point Win depending on price. 3.40 Lovelace is at the top of the weights but that shouldnt put punters off as she is only up 2lb on her win 2 weeks ago, Jedburgh should be a popular E/W selection bearing in mind that the John Dunlop charge has won off 9-8 before on G&D and class and is now over a stone in at the weights, Underworld could be another to run a big race and is also a sone in hand on her 2nd in the same class last month, Slugger O'Toole who won a Class 2 race in may and is also nicely weighted (5lbs down on that form). Advice Lovelace 1 Point E/W or 1 Point Win depending on price. Slugger O'Toole 1 Point E/W Underworld 1 Point E/W Jedburgh 1 Point E/W. 4.20 Youmzain could beat Duke Of Marmalade and upset the O'brien team, Youmzain will be hoping they all go guns blazing and could put a late swoop in to collar the possibly tiring Duke. Advice Youmzain 1 Point Win. 4.55 Secret Night looks good in this big Handicap and has ran a 2nd in Class 1 a couple of years back and on that form is now 3lbs down also weight should not be a issue, Middlemarch could run a big race too and has place prospects but would need to find a bit of improvement. Advice Secret Night 1 Point E/W Middlemarch 1 Point E/W. 5.30 In the Finale Silver Wind could be a good prospect and looks to be weighted to place on his best form, Fathermost looks to be the biggest danger on his last 2 runs and has won carrying big weights now coming back down to a handy mark. Advice Silver Wind 1 Point E/W Fathermost 1 Point Win or 1 Point E/W depending on price.

SportHorse Racing
Event340 Ascot
SelectionMastership (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date26/07/2008
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 11.00 (Back)
ReasoningYou generally want to be drawn very high or very low here so connections of Mastership will be pleased with stall 1. Caught the eye last time in the Bunbury Cup, finishing 4th. Bumped at the start, he was ready to make a challenge in the final furlong but got checked by the eventual winner He stayed on well after that and can get compensation here.

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/7/08 Talking Hands Ascot 2.00 I really like Doctor Crane but I'm hoping a few will take each other on up front, possibly go off too fast and set the race up for Jamie Spencer adopting his usual hold up tactics on Talking Hands. He rode the horse last time out at this course and won over 6f but with something to spare and I don't think the extra furlong will be a problem. Ground is a slight concern as it won on good to soft but untried on good to firm so unsure what to expect. It was staying on over 6f on good ground on its debut and I can see Jamie swooping late to get up on the line today. Bet to nothing if it places as it will be stake returned. Suggested Bet: 5pts EW Talking Hands 5-1 Skybet (1/4 odds 1st 2)

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/7/08 Ask 4.20 Ascot Does not have any proven Group 1 form except a 4th in the Leger from a few years ago although Red Rocks was one from that race that has boosted the form and it recently beat Curlin. Ask would possibly have liked a bit of cut in the ground although it did put in a fine performance in Canda on firm ground when it was just held up too long and was unfortunate not to win. You can never write old Stoutey off in these races despite the blistering form of O'Brien this year. Duke Of Marmalade has been put up as Barry's Bismarck, possibly for stamina doubts but I also question some of the recent form. It didn't beat much at the Curragh (except Finsceal Beo) and Red Rock Canyon was only about 6l behind and that is 250-1 today. The form from France is ok but it was only a small field with a few worthwhile rivals. Ask got within 6L of Duke Of Marmalade last time out and I expect the extra 2f will help it get closer, if not in front of it. Often finishes its races strongly which is why i'd prefer it to Youmzain. That one has a great turn of foot but idles in front at times and almost has to have the perfect ride to get it up on the line. Very capable jockey on board Ask in Ryan Moore and maybe a Group 1 win will put a smile on his face. As long as he keeps it up in contention with about 2f to go it has an excellent chance and 14-1 is too big to ignore. BetDirect go 1/4 odds 1st 3 rather than 1/5 odds like many others. Suggested Bet: 5pts EW Ask 14-1 Bet Direct (1/4 odds 1st 3)

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/7/08 2.35 Danidh Dubai 6/1 spo 7.5 pts e.w Nice second start when won a fair maiden, a few winners from that and second was secodn at royal asc in listed race. Then ran in albany and stayed on really well that day to be third and ahead of rivals from today, channon has a fair line with his 2 year old fillies and interestingly has chosen this one for this race. 3.05 Perfect Stride 5/2 var bog 15 pts lot of hype about this one. Actually achieved little, one maiden win and then lost when 1/4, however the fact it was put into the guineas speaks volumes from such connections, blew up that day really before the race and probably not helped by having to wait an age to race due to new approach. however clearly well thought of and potentially maybe blowing mark out of the water today. 3.40 Redford 7/1 sj bog 10 pts e.w Loads I fancy for this but I have been very taken with the style that this one has been travelling in its races. Won well in a decent race at don and on the back of that was fav at asc. where it travelled like the winner on the far side before suddenly dropping out as soon as it hit the front, did something similar at newc lto except this time it didnt drop out and won. seemingly needs to be put on the line late so element of risk with it but I just feel he is really going the right way, spencer spoke so highly of it after it won lto and clear chance in competitve race. 4.20 Duke of Marmalade 10/11 var 35 pts Liked this horse last year when a combination of some pain in his shins and possibly the wrong trip meant he couldnt quite be a world beater even if he was a quality consistent sort. howver this season has emerged as a winner, 3 group 1s all of them showing real quality and lto was just awesome, looked a world beater. Pedigree may have trip doubts but i dont have that on the style he runs, looks like he needs a trip to bring his best, already done 11f so just needs the extra furlong i personally think he will get it and if he does he will be so hard to beat. If anything lto over 10f it was stamina that won him the race, pressing had him for a split second. Youmzain is a class act too but he is not his normal price, he seems a lot to fall into place for him which he may not get here and also I feel he is the type to put a bad run in somewhere along the line. Papal Bull's talent is a dark horse that may threaten the frame but personally Im all for the DOM win.

Re: Ascot Saturday 26/7/08

Talking Hands Ascot 2.00 I really like Doctor Crane but I'm hoping a few will take each other on up front, possibly go off too fast and set the race up for Jamie Spencer adopting his usual hold up tactics on Talking Hands. He rode the horse last time out at this course and won over 6f but with something to spare and I don't think the extra furlong will be a problem. Ground is a slight concern as it won on good to soft but untried on good to firm so unsure what to expect. It was staying on over 6f on good ground on its debut and I can see Jamie swooping late to get up on the line today. Bet to nothing if it places as it will be stake returned. Suggested Bet: 5pts EW Talking Hands 5-1 Skybet (1/4 odds 1st 2)
:cow 1st winner of the day, say what you like about Spencer but that was a great ride, got his run blocked, didn't panic, went again for the gap and just got up on the line, many other jocks would have given up when it was blocked. Great ride, great result.

Well done Phil. Always nice to get a good price winner in the first!
Cheers mate, also picked winner of 1st at York but didn't back it. :wall My brother had 10 on it at 7's and my mate backed it who is at York races.

Ascot (Racing looks good here) 5.30 In the Finale Silver Wind could be a good prospect and looks to be weighted to place on his best form, Fathermost looks to be the biggest danger on his last 2 runs and has won carrying big weights now coming back down to a handy mark. Advice Silver Wind 1 Point E/W Fathermost 1 Point Win or 1 Point E/W depending on price.
I said it before and il say it again....U sir are a legend! :nana:clap:nana

Did you get on it Punty????
Sure did 30's on betfair and 6.5 for the place...what is it with u and the last race in your selections....im still spending the 90/1 winner u gave me a few weeks back haha...Top stuff..keep it up.. .:clap and thank you again:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy