Tom Dascombe..

Whats everyone's opinions of him? I personally think he is one of the best trainers in the game. He is only young but his strike rate is incredible seeing as he only has a small string. His horses wouldnt know how to run a bad race. He gets nowhere near the financial backing of the top trainers but is starting to prove himself and I think he has the ability to be a major name in future years. I always back Dascombe's horses because I know they will be fit and ill get a run for my money. Interviewed on attheraces yesterday, he said his horses hadnt hit tip gear so far this season, yet he has fired 19 winners (correct me if im wrong). Saville's Delight has run 17 for Dascombe, and been placed in at least 14 of them. Sawwaah was just as consistent for Dascombe, before moving on to a different stable (Carroll's I think) and has been running shockers so it goes to show that this young trainer can get the best out of horses. Sorry, just thought he deserved some credit. :dude P.S. Caprio runs for Dascombe (3.00 Brighton) and yes, ill be on at 11/4 :)

Re: Tom Dascombe.. Whupunter, Totally agree with you, Dascombe is one of the best trainers around, doing great things with the quality of racehorse he gets. For punters strike rates are very important. Have thought for some time Dascombe and Beckett are two trainers heading for better things. His horses chances are often under estimated by punters and bookmakers. Using unfashionable jockeys helps in that respect. Had a fine tutor in Martin Pipe. Ginge

Re: Tom Dascombe..

Yes I rate him. I think the best new trainer is by far Jim Best Although I wasn't 100% sure if he could do it with flat horses (I was wrong to doubt), not forgetting his brother Tom who works alongside him. Over the sticks, Charlie Longsdon is the best up and coming trainer.
What is wrong with me? Am agreeing with everybody today? The Prince William lookalike is indeed one of the best around, can see him taking over at Seven Barrows when his old boss calls it a day. He came to one of our West Berkshire Racing Club meetings and was very interesting. Ginge