** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System

Guest Punter66

Guest Sherman Blue

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Punter good to see you've been taking advantage of the ManU prices which are on their way in. I remember back in the year Keegan blew it at Newcastle I managed to get the Mancs at 12/1 which was one to tell the grandkids ! Couple of other early doors thoughts for you.. Reading are a great bet in CCCCC still at 10's. They have been up there for the last 3 years and just need a bit of luck to tip them over the edge, with the league being fairly open this year think they could take advantage. Wigan also obviously appeal with the best strike pairing in the league... If your looking for a team playing under par right now I'd look at Forest... bear with me on this one ... At the start of the season a couple of mates who are Forest were very confident that they'd be challenging , key injuries (Dawson in particular) are hurting them right now but I do feel once they can field a consistent team they should be up there. 80/1 right now with Hills Moving to 2 - I like Wycombe at 8's and wouldn't ignore Grimsby at 25's .. they have a great record in this league and are always seem to be up there when it comes to the crunch. Good luck with the system - the key to this IMO is getting on a team when they are going through a bad spell. Chelsea,Wigan,Luton are sides worth jumping on once they've have a couple of bad results and the prices go out a bit.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Punter66

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Thanks Sherman, I still can’t split the big three for the EPL title at the moment so I’m glad I’ve been taking those big Utd prices. That was a good pick taking the 12-1 Sherman, I had a good whack on them at 7-1 to win the CL the season they did the treble, I was confident from early November that they’d do it. For as much as they have dominated over the past decade they have had some generous prices offered on them at times. As for this season Arsenal look fantastic and going forward and are going to give a fair few teams a good hammering but the Champions League will be their priority and I wonder if that will a good or bad thing for their chances of retaining the EPL title. They face Man Utd away this month and at present time I don’t think they will win the game. It will also be interesting to see if anymore in house falling out gets reported. Still the very slightest of favourites for me at the moment though. Man Utd are starting to look the part more now and have too many players that need double marking, they will be more solid at the back with Ferdinand and Carroll in the team too, I also really like their chances of winning the CL again :sad 9-1 seems very generous. I like the fact that nobody can seem to be able to score against Chelsea at the moment too and from what I have seen Drogba seems to be getting better and better each game so all in all I believe this will be the best finish to an EPL season ever. I am about one third of the way into this system and this is how many times I’ve backed the three so far… Arsenal x 9 Man Utd x 7 Chelsea x 6 I still have no idea who the winner of The Championship will be, it certainly wont be Forest though, they will probably improve and then sell Reid, King etc. I totally agree with Wigan having the best strike partnership in the league and I will be having more on them, definitely open to views on this league though for sure. I guess the only team I am really confident of at the moment is Carlisle and so far have backed them more times than any other team. I went to watch Hereford today, teams are coming to Edgar street and shutting up shop, Hereford just can’t break teams down at home, they look good away from home still but are nowhere as good at home at present time. Top three teams covered in the Conference so far .. Carlisle x 10 Hereford x 5 Barnet x 4 Thanks for your interest anyway Sherman, you’re Chelsea aren’t you ? good luck for the rest of the season :ok except for tomorrow ;)

Guest Punter66

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 27: Arsenal 1/2, Ipswich 5/1, Brentford 12/1, Bristol R 9/1, Carlisle 2/1 Max return possible = 7,746.90 Bet 28: Chelsea 2/1, Ipswich 5/1, Brentford 12/1, Darlington 22/1, Carlisle 2/1 Max return possible = 34,440.50

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Punter66

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 29: Chelsea 2/1, W.Ham 7/2, Luton 11/8, Swansea 7/1 , Barnet 4/1 Max return possible = 2,837.60 Bet 30: Arsenal 1/2, W.Ham 7/2, Luton 11/8, Darlington 16/1, Barnet 4/1 Max return possible = 3,090.14 As from bet 31 onwards I’m adjusting the staking slightly, from now on the bet will be a 0.10 super yankee + an extra 5 x 0.10 four folds , the 1.90 accumulator remains the same as does the total stake. I’m also switching from Ladbrokes to Bet365 now, hopefully I will have my other accounts available again soon also. Anybody got any strong fancies for any of the leagues? I’d be interested to hear views from anybody who goes regularly to watch their team in any of the leagues that I am backing from. :cheers

Guest Punter66

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 31: Arsenal 2/5, Wigan 9/4, Luton 7/4, Northampton 8/1, Barnet 9/4 Max return possible = 921.92 Bet 32: Arsenal 2/5, Sunderland 8/1, Brentford 12/1, Northampton 8/1, Barnet 9/4 Max return possible = 11,160.40

Guest Punter66

Re: Punter's 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 33: Liverpool 50/1, Wigan 6/4, Hull 11/2, Bristol R 6/1, Barnet 7/4 Max return possible = 36,117.35 Bet 34: Arsenal 4/7, Wigan 6/4, Hull 11/2, Bristol R 6/1, Carlisle 7/4 Max return possible = 1,212.74

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Nothing to do with the system this bet i'm just proofing the ante post bet if you like, its a daft one but we're all entitled one of those once in a blue moon aren't we. Liverpool to win the Prem £20 @ 50/1 Bet365 Had to be done, i can get back to Arsenal, Manchester Utd or Chelsea now.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Just had another non system ante post bet, Bristol City have beaten Tranmere 4-0 at home tonight and have moved up to 7th, 11 points behind Luton. Most bookies have cut the odds on City, Blue Sq are going 6's but i dont think anybody can be working at Bet365 tonight because they are unaltered at 11's and are still going a 1/4 odds, places 1,2,3. Looks like a great e.w bet considering only 17 games from the 46 have been played and they are only 5 pts behind 2nd place Hull and 3rd place Tranmere. Their recent form is 3 wins and 4 draws from their last 7 games. City face Wrexham away in their next league game and on present form look favs for at very least an away point, they also face Luton at home next month. I've had a fiver e.w tonight at 11's, i'd be suprised if that price is available tommorow morning.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bristol city now in to 8’s with 365 :D I’d say I’m about half way through this system now Iwgtbt1 (good luck with your 2.5 goals system btw), here’s the teams that I’ve backed so far, please bare in mind that I started backing teams 6 weeks before the start of the season, hence some poor choices. Prem: 15 x Arsenal 11 x Chelsea 7 x Man Utd 4 x Liverpool 1x Newcastle Championship: 7 x Wigan 5 x Ipswich, Sheff Utd, West ham 3 x Reading, Wolves, Sunderland 2 x Millwall 1 x Coventry, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Leicester Div 1: 11 x Luton 6 x Tranmere, Hull 5 x Bristol C, Sheff W 4 x Brentford 1 x Oldham Div 2: 5 x Cheltenham, Swansea, Yeovil 4 x Wycombe, Northampton 3 x Bristol R, Shrewsbury 2 x Boston, Grimsby, Darlington, Mansfield 1 x Oxford Conference: 16 x Carlisle 10 x Barnet 5 x Hereford 3 x Acc Stan 2 x Morecambe 1 x Aldershot 38 bets so far, £190 staked (plus £35 in non system ante post bets). At present I’m pretty sure that I haven’t got the accumulator up yet and have probably already lost at least half of what I have staked but providing I can find the five winners in the same bet before the end of January then I’m sure I will show a profit. Like I said in my opening post I wont be too disappointed at a bit of a loss as I’m using this system as a trial for next season, I have already decided in a few changes for next season, starting later in the season will be one of them plus a couple of staking adjustments and maybe only going trebles and upwards but I will know more when I analyse this at the end of the season. I'm not really sure of which bet no's are most likely to come in, this one would be nice... Bet 36: Chelsea 11/10, Ipswich 15/2, Luton 5/2, Swansea 7/1, Carlisle 7/4 Max return possible = 3,239.20 Chelsea are now 10/11, Ipswich 4/1, Luton 7/4, Swansea 11/2, Carlisle 6/4, with the same firm, only time will tell :)

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 47: Chelsea 4/7, Sunderland 10/3, Hull 10/3, Yeovil 10/3, Barnet 4/6 Max return possible = 548.32 Bet 48: Man Utd 8/1, Wigan 11/8, Hull 10/3, Darlington 9/1, Barnet 4/6 Max return possible = 3,684.13 Bets placed with S.James Will do an update on teams backed next week.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Just found this thread makes good reading how the different fancies have changed and you have one with Chelsea,Ipswich,tranmere,Scunthorpe and Barnet in at about a combined 175/1..now it pays about 30/1.. things could change though and i guess only one would cover for the amount that didnt come in.. if you get a profit from this at the end of the year then ill certainly be looking at doing somehting like this next season :nana :cow :nana good luck and the less said about my correct score "system" the better:cry

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Christianu have you given up on that correct score system already :spank I think your league one loving is probably a better idea though :ok Bet 49: Chelsea 4/9, Wigan 7/4, Hull 2/1, Yeovil 11/4, Barnet 4/9 Max return possible =174.04 Bet 50: Chelsea 4/9, Sunderland 3/1, Hull 2/1, Scunthorpe 6/4, Barnet 4/9 Max return possible =169.24 Here’s an update on teams backed Prem Chelsea x 18 Arsenal x 17 Man Utd x 10 Liverpool x 4 Newcastle x 1 Championship Sunderland, Wigan x 9 Ipswich x 7 Sheff Utd x 6 West Ham x 5 Reading x 4 Wolves x 3 Millwall x 2 Coventry, Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Derby x 1 Div 1 Luton x 13 Hull, Tranmere x 10 Bristol City, Sheff Wed x 5 Brentford x 4 Bournmouth x 2 Oldham x 1 Div 2 Scunthorpe, Yeovil x 7 Cheltenham, Darlington, Swansea x 5 Northampton, Wycombe x 4 Bristol R, Shrewsbury x 3 Boston, Grimsby, Mansfield x 2 Oxford x 1 Conf Barnet, Carlisle x 18 Hereford x 7 Acc’ Stan’ x 3 Morecambe x 2 Aldershot, Dag + Red x 1 Total Staked so far = 250.00 30 more bets to go. I’m changing the Staking again from bet 51 onwards, I’m dropping doubles so its only trebles and up. New staking will be 10 x 10 Trebles, 5 x 30 four folds and a 2.50 Accumulator. Staking will change to just four folds and an accy at a later time and then just to an accy eventually. Any views on teams I should back, ways I should perm or staking?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System I think the system is dying on its arse to be honest Lubet but i'll keep going with it :lol It may leave me with a couple of cover bets to play with at the end of the season but i think i'm going to struggle to show any profit now. I agree with what you say about Sturrock and i will be backing both the Sheffield teams before to long, if Wednesday win at Bournmouth this weekend i'll put them in bets 57 and 58. Thanks for your thoughts Lubet :ok

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System I did consider it at the begining of the season Iain but the thought of it being a two horse race and short odds put me off the idea. I didnt want to take the risk of either team having won the league by the end of November either. I agree with what you say about it going down to the wire this season now though.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 59: Chelsea 1/9, Wigan 2/1, Sheff Wed 8/1, Yeovil 4/5, Barnet 1/7 Max return possible = 218.24 Bet 60: Chelsea 1/9, Wigan 2/1, Hull 2/1, Swansea 9/2, Barnet 1/7 Max return possible = 217.49 Chelsea and Barnet aren't helping me much :( or are they?? Realised tonight that i havent been including any returned stakes to the max returns possible from Bet365 bets either. I'll keep it like that and adjust at the end of the season. I'm changing the staking again from bet 61 onwards, i'm now dropping trebles so staking will be 5 x 0.40 four timers and a 3.00 Accumulator. Total stake remains at 5.00 per bet.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Im not sure if im right here Punter 66, but if your doing alternate bets with the biggest stake on the accumulator in the view of getting one up, wont all the accumulators you dont get up wipe out the money made from that original one? I would of thought it would be better to leave accumualtors out?? Just my thoughts! Good luck mate!

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System I can only get one accy up Chris' but i may have repeat bets soon. I was hoping to get an accy up before the odds shortened to what they are now, profit looks unlikely now though, especially as Chelsea and Barnet look certainties at 1/9 and 1/7. Every bet has cost me 5.00 so i've staked 300.00 so far, i will probably have somewhere around 75 - 80 bets so total staked will be 350.00 - 400.00. Any accy that returns under that i will have to repeat maybe more than once. If i dont get an accy up i can expect a big loss, if i do get one up then singles, doubles, trebles and one or two four timers will help top it up, albeit by a very small amount. This bet could be my best hope now.. Bet 47: Chelsea 4/7, Sunderland 10/3, Hull 10/3, Yeovil 10/3, Barnet 4/6 Max return possible = 548.32 I'm going to keep going with it though to see if there is anything i can learn from it for next season though, ie giving it a big miss :lol