** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System

Guest Punter66

Guest Punter66

Pay in May System Real money. Bet Type: An Ante Post system from now until May Bet Stake: 1 x 0.10 Lucky 31 with 1.90 Accumulator. Total stake = 5.00 Aim: Each week from now until around April I will be placing at least 1 but more probably 2 bets, trying to pick the outright winners from the EPL, CCC, CCD1, CCD2 and the Conference. I aim to cover somewhere between 70 and 80 different perms staking 350.00 - 400.00. Its going to be a boring one until after Xmas but I’m going to give this a go because I want all my returns in one go, a seasons worth of betting with a pay day in May. Its going to be a bastard having my money tied up for so long too and I’m not sure what I can expect in returns, depends on what time of the season I get all the 5 up I guess, if I get all 5 up at all that is. Any doubles and trebles etc will add up though and I wouldn’t be too disappointed if I only get 80% of my stake back. Guidelines: I have a few guidelines on the selection process but I’m not 100% sure about them 1. Back any team I fancy from now until the end of November 2. From December onwards I can only back teams that are in the top 3 3. No repeat perms until March and only then to a maximum of three times. Unfortunately my finances are in a mess and I wont be able to use any of my 15 online accounts for the foreseeable future. I’m going to be stuck with Ladbrokes skinny shop prices for the majority of the season, you don’t have to tell me what that could cost me in returns :( This is a new way of betting for me this season so can anybody see any flaws or give any advice before I go ahead with it? Cheers Punter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ONEDUNME

Yes

can anybody see any flaws or give any advice before I go ahead with it?
Yes, just one minor flaw Punter.....
I wouldn’t be too disappointed if I only get 80% of my stake back.
You pessimistic bugger:lol Aren't you supposed to start these things off with a bit more enthusiasm and aim for a 200% profit or something? :lol Seriously though, my only doubt would be weighting so much of the stake on the accumulator. Obviously it will be nice if/when it comes up but it may never come up. Doesn't the lucky 31 have an accumulator included anyway? In which case, £2 on the accumulator and £3 on all the others seems a bit disproportionate to me. Or is that the point of your system? Whatever - I'll make a note to check back and I'll be following it with real cash when it starts. At least for the first six weeks or so:lol Good luck:ok

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System laugh.gif Yes, just a minor flaw!

Quote:

Unfortunately my finances are in a mess

No sh*t, with strategies like this. embarassed.gif My advice - Don't bother. Or alternatively send me your £5.00 a week and at the end of the season I'll send you back a cheque for 85%, that way you definitely won't be disappointed, in fact you'd be happy cos you've made more than your anticipated 80%! thinkerg.gif

Guest Punter66

Pay in May System :lol I didnt mean to sound pessimistic ODM, what i am trying to say is that if i dont get the five up then i think this is the return i should expect back, i would have had a seasons gambling and even if i lose i will still have a pay out come May. Hodgey, thanks for the slating :lol

No sh*t, with strategies like this.
My advice - Don't bother
You could of at least given me a reason why you think its doomed for failure.

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Thanks DBDF, I will definately look into that if i manage to get back on track with my banking, its looking grim for now though. Regarding Onedunme's point about the staking being disproportionate, it is because my main target is the accumulator, the Lucky 31 is to just for a bit of cover, i'm sure i will get plenty of singles, doubles, trebles and maybe a few 4 timers up, just depends on what prices i get them at and at what time of the season. I think i will get the accy up, probably wont be until March time maybe when some will be odds on. You never know though, i estimate about 50 perms up before Xmas, that would mean some decent prices if i am lucky enough to land one. Anyway, popped into Laddies on my way home tonight and placed my first bets. Bet 1: Man Utd 5/2, Leeds 9/1, Sheff W 10/1, Chelt' 25/1, Carl's 4/1. Max return Possible = 104,717.70 Bet 2: Liverpool 14/1, Wolves 9/2, Hull 8/1, Shrewsbury 25/1, Carl's 4/1. Max return Possible = 200,255.40

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System A couple of seasons back Figaro in the RFO tried to land the English leagues fourtimer, no doubles or trebles just the fourfold by perming 2 or 3 from each division at various stages of the season. This was based on someone who worked in the city doing this the season before & who had supposedly made around a 50% profit on his investments. I can't recall if he was sucessful or not, but I thought it sounded quite good & so I had a go but decided to leave out the Premier league & go for the treble. I started with a bank of £250 & each bet I placed would return at least £500, some slightly more by rounding up to the nearest pound. From the end of September to early January I placed altogether 18 trebles totaling £131. By this point in the season I was confident that I had the two lower leagues covered, however division 1 had become a two horse race between Leicester & Portsmouth & I had been waiting for the Pompey wheels to fall off. By the time it became clear that this wasn't going to happen it was too late, the price on Portsmouth & those in contention in the lower leagues were too short for me to cover in trebles with the £119 left in my bank & clear at least the £500 I was after. I decided to call a halt & ride it out, there was a brief glimmer of hope when Sheffield Wednesday won at Fratton Park in April but when Leicester went down 2-1 to Sheffield Utd my goose was cooked. My early bets had been between £2 & £5 at decent odds, as the teams in contention become clearer the odds dropped & my last three bets were at £23, £25 & £27. I realise that in backing your choices in lucky 31's you will hope to collect many times over on singles & doubles etc but hitting the fivetimer will need more than a little luck & I would agree that the extra £1.90 per bet on the acca is too much. Fine if you hit the target with an early bet at good odds but in March & April when the prices are skinny but 2 or 3 teams may still be in the hunt will it be worth it? I wish you good luck, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Punter just a thought or two on your first bets. I work with a couple of lads who follow Wednesday & at best they can see only mid-table mediocrity, both think Turner won't see Xmas in charge. As you may gather from my username my team is the once mighty whites, I would not back them with free money, indeed if we win the league I'll :spank in Woolworths window. Senor Benitez has much work to do at Anfield & it will take more than one season to do it. Cheers, Rio.

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System

Quote:

can anybody see any flaws or give any advice

Sorry mate, didn't realise I had to give reasons as well. Anyhow, seeing as you ask. I wouldn't bother for two main reasons: 1) You don't even think you can be successful, else you wouldn't even be contemplating -20% as a good season's 'gambling'. And 2) You have 15 bookmaker accounts but are going to use the one with possibly the worst prices around. I know you put:

Quote:

you don’t have to tell me what that could cost me in returns

but I feel I do have to tell you, cos taking best prices would make a hell of a difference. You might just even get back your whole 100%. wink.gif I wish you luck....smile.gif

Guest DannyCash

Ladbrokes Yes, I agree - if you are restricted to "cash" betting only, I would attempt to find alternative bookmakers for the best prices, unless you live in an area where there is only one single Ladbrokes betting shop in a ten mile radius? Good luck, by the way, I shall be monitoring with interest. Danny

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Thanks for your comments Rio and for wishing me luck, Regarding your first post.. I know what you are saying about the 1.90 being to much and the chances are if i'm to hit the 5 up then the prices are not likely to be very good cause i probably wont get the 5 until towards the end of the season anyway. However my current situation is that i work for a living, have mrs, kids, mortgage etc, we get by on our wages but thats all we do, my drive is the worst for about ten mile, my house would'nt look out of place in Basra right now :lol and it needs a small five figure sum spent on it just to get up to scratch with the rest of the area, there is also no chance of a family holiday again this year. What i'm saying is the 1.90 buys the dream, its a small amount to pay for what could turn out to be a 4 or 5 figure sum, i know its not likely, but its possible. With views on the selections... its still July, there's no form to go on, transfers will be coming thick and fast soon so the way i shall pick them for now will probably be based on.. EPL I know we all seem to think that it will go to one of the main 3 but i'd be a fool to ignore Liverpool with this system, at 14's i'm having some and taking it from there. CCC I'm guessing this could be the most difficult league to pick the winner from so for now its going to be based on relegated teams (not to much on Leicester for now though), teams with a big fan base and teams that finished reasonably well last season, still doesnt narrow it down much does it :lol . I know it must be hard to be optimistic being a Leeds fan right now but i certainly wont rule them out, (btw i wouldn't bat an eyelid if somebody shot that cnut Ribsdale, the man should be banned from football completely). They will have a good following home and away, that greedy cnut Viduka has gone, so has Harte and there isnt to many of the old boys left, its a newish team and i have a sneaky feeling they might just get a little help from referee's this season, just like Leicester did when then went back up, if i were you i'd back your penalty taker to score a few times this season. CCD1 Hull have made a decent signing or two so far and could get a good start with a large following, do they have a new manager yet? If they dont i doubt it will be a nobody after Taylor, as for Wednesday another big fan base and if they could get a good start who knows, i dont think Turner has long left either and think he will be gone sooner rather than later. I do like Hull at the moment though. CCD2 Northampton are fav's but i will have to keep an eye on what ooberdave has to say about them, almost anybody can win this league, but for this week i will take Cheltenham and Shrewsbury both at 25's, i know they have both pinched a very good player from Hereford and we'll see how they start. NC I expect i will be going to watch Hereford a few times this season "COME ON YOOOOOOO WHITES" :beer and will hopefully find this league the easiest to cover the winner from. Anyway good luck with Leeds and keep the profit going in your Multiple betting system :cheers Thanks and points taken Hodgey, i do think i can make it successful and think its going to show profit, i was just looking at it from what i think could be the worst return and i wish i had use of those accounts but without borrowing i dont and laddies is the only local bookie shop. :( :cheers

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Thanks Danny Did two more today as I need 8, sometimes 10 of these bets per month. Will not be doing more than two a week from now on. Bet 3: Arsenal 6-5, Sheff Utd 16-1, Hull 8-1, Cheltenham 25-1, Accrington Stanley 16-1 Max Return Possible = 309670.18 Bet 4: Chelsea 2-1, Notts F 14-1, Oldham 33-1, Wycombe 12-1, Morecambe 10-1 Max Return Possible = 453062.00

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bets 3 and 4, Max Return Possible should read 250,000.00. Bet 5: Liverpool 14-1, Derby 50-1, Tranmere 7-1, Cheltenham 25-1, Hereford 5-1. Max Return Possible = 250,000.00 Bet 6: Man Utd 5-2, Wolves 9-2, Hull 8-1, Shrewsbury 25-1, Aldershot 10-1. Max Return Possible = 103,620.95

Guest DannyCash

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Can I recommend you back Leicester to win Division 1? They are my personal fancy to win the title next year. Danny

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Hi Danny, After today's signings of Keown and Connelly i'd have to agree with you there. I said in an earlier post that i wouldn't be backing them to much too early on but i believe these are 2 positive signings by the Foxes today and they are in for bet 7 next week. They will have to go in with either Arsenal or Chelsea though, who would you rather Danny? I already dislike backing in this bloody league, so many possibles, i should of dropped it and put the Scots Div 3 in instead. Brentford in CCD1 will also be in one bet next week, they have made some reasonable signings lately. Can Kluivert put Newcastle in the title race? More than likely not but i wouldn't want them to make to many more signings like that. :cheers

Guest ONEDUNME

To Danny and Punter Could you both tell me where you live please? After both tipping Leicester it's obvious that the sun has gotten to your brains this week and I think I need to be looking at booking a holiday somewhere near where you live before the summer months are gone. I dont want to upset Matt but Leicester have as much chance of winning the league as Michael Jackson has of getting the BNP's babysitter of the year award.

Guest Punter66

ONEDUNME :lol :lol Typical, he pops up in here tells us we're not right in the head for picking Leicester and then fcuks off without telling us who's going to win it :lol And there was me expecting abuse for throwing in Sheff utd last week :lol Another great day for you on the GG's ODM, a few bookies must be taking interest in you by now. Managed to get me a massive 51p ew :\ on ..Let It Be @12-1 on the way home from work myself, would of been a bit more but i had to have that extra bacon sandwich at lunch time :( You make it look easy, long may the profit continue :ok Anyways, If it isnt going to be Leicester, who's going to win the Championship then?

Re: ONEDUNME

After both tipping Leicester it's obvious that the sun has gotten to your brains this week and I think I need to be looking at booking a holiday somewhere near where you live before the summer months are gone.
:lol Very sarcastic......:lol

Guest ONEDUNME

Re: ONEDUNME :rollin @ Punter Of course, you have a valid point. If I'm going to ridicule your selection, the least I can do is put up a few selections of my own for ridicule. Im hardly sticking my neck out by saying that Im backing Wolves to win it but, if you want to take the piss, a little bit of my each way money will be going on Reading (at about 20/1 - they were just bubbling under the play off zone for a large part of last season) and a little bit on Ipswich (just because they owe me some money from last season:D ) Good luck to you both if you decide to stick with Leicester (You'll need it).:ok

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System I think Wolves have a good chance of winning it too ODM, i would like to see the Camara situation sorted out before i back them to much though. Reading, i wouldn't be surprised if they were the shock team in the division either, they have a good ground and set up down there and i'll be backing them before the the start of the season. Ipswich just dont appeal to me at the moment, i'm going to wait untill at least October to see how they fair before possibly backing them, i think i'm right in saying they are in financial trouble too. It is difficult this league pre season to pick from, i can only rule out about a quarter of the 24 teams so far. :\

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 7: Arsenal 5/4, Leicester 7/1, Brentford 22/1, Shrewsbury 25/1, Carlisle 7/2. Max return possible = 102,456.80 Bet 8: Chelsea 7/4, W.ham 5/1, Hull 8/1, Cheltenham 25/1, Carlisle 7/2 Max return possible = 36,909.58 Had me a wee bet for some Scottish interest too, not included in the system though . Partick 5/2, Falkirk 5/1.. Morton 5/2, Ayr 9/2.. Gretna 11/10 1.25 Combination Accumulator. Teams backed by the end of July EPL……………………..CCC………………….CCD1.………... Arsenal x 2.…………….Wolves x 2.…… . Hull x 4....... Chelsea x 2.…….………Leeds x 1.…………Sheff W x 1. Liverpool x 2.…………..Derby x 1.…………Oldham x 1.. Man Utd x 2.……..……Leicester x 1.…….Tranmere x 1 ……………………......……W.Ham x 1…………Brentford x 1 …………………......………Notts F x 1.…………………………….. ……………………......……Sheff Utd x 1.………………………….. CCD2.…………………..NC……………………. Cheltenham x 4.……….Carlisle x 4.…………… Shrewsbury x 3.……….Acc Stan x 1.………… Wycombe x 1.………...Morecambe x 1.……… ……………………….........Hereford x 1.………… ……………………….........Aldershot x 1.………..

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 9: Chelsea 7/4, Reading 18/1, Bristol city 5/1, Oxford 14/1, Carlisle 7/2 Max return possible = 44,826.28 Bet 10: Liverpool 14/1, Sheffield Utd 12/1, Bristol city 5/1, Wycombe 14/1, Accrington S. 16/1. Max return possible = 250,000.00

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 11: Arsenal 5/4, Coventry 14/1, Sheff Wed 14/1, Cheltenham 25/1, Carlisle 7/2. Max return possible = 124,894.47 Bet 12: Newcastle 66/1, West Ham 6/1, Bristol city 5/1, Northampton 7/2, Morecambe 10/1. Max return possible = 250,000.00

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 13: Chelsea 7/4, Wigan 4/1, Sheff Wed 10/1, Grimsby 20/1, Dag + Red 16/1. Max return possible = 113,284.78 Bet 14: Arsenal 6/5, Wigan 4/1, Sheff Wed 10/1, Grimsby 20/1, Hereford 5/1 Max return possible = 32,515.46

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 15: Arsenal 10/11, Sheff Utd 16/1, Sheff Wed 8/1, Yeovil 8/1, Hereford 7/2 Max return possible = 25,356.30 Bet 16: Man Utd 7/2, Wolves 7/1, Tranmere 6/1, Yeovil 8/1, Hereford 7/2 Max return possible = 21,569.30

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 17: Man Utd 7/1, Sheff’ Utd 10/1, Luton 6/1, Boston 25/1, Carlisle 3/1 Max return possible = 133,385.50 Bet 18: Chelsea 15/8, Sheff’ Utd 10/1, Luton 6/1, Boston 25/1, Carlisle 3/1 Max return possible = 48,765.60

Guest Punter66

Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 19: Arsenal 8/13, Millwall 16/1, Bristol City 8/1, Mansfield 9/1, Barnet 5/1 Max return possible = 31,800.36 Bet 20: Man Utd 7/1, Millwall 16/1, Bristol City 8/1, Mansfield 9/1, Barnet 5/1 Max return possible = 152,009.90

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 21: Arsenal 1/2, Wigan 11/4 , Luton 4/1, Wycombe 6/1, Barnet 4/1 Max return possible = 2212.21 Bet 22: Arsenal 1/2, West Ham 9/2, Tranmere 5/1, Wycombe 6/1, Barnet 4/1 Max return possible = 3837.65

Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 23: Chelsea 2/1, Sunderland 7/1, Luton 3/1, Swansea 16/1, Accrington S 6/1 Max return possible = 24,297.50 Bet 24: Man Utd 7/1, Sunderland 7/1, Luton 3/1, Swansea 16/1, Hereford 4/1 Max return possible = 45,727.90

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Punter66

Re: Punters 'PAY IN MAY' System Bet 25: Arsenal 8/13, Reading 10/1, Tranmere 9/2, Yeovil 11/4, Carlisle 5/2 Max return possible = 2,873.11 Bet 26: Man Utd 5/1, Reading 10/1, Tranmere 9/2, Northampton 10/1, Carlisle 5/2 Max return possible = 29,501.75