What gives you the most satisfaction?

1. Winning real money OR 2. Solving the race puzzle? I would have said winning money is the only thing that matters but I now get such satisfaction by sussing out the race....deciding how they will run, who will run to form, winner, etc. Comments?

Re: What gives you the most satisfaction? 2 It's always been 2 for me. People (my dad basically) cannot understand it and they blame that mentality on why it took me so long to get the game right (after my teenage achievements we expected me to be a millionaire at this game by 21 - it wasn to be :loon). Tonight is a prime example. I'm over the moon. I was doing a fortune yet got out of it with one of my bets of the day Brave Hawk. Now I haven't won much on the day at all - but managing a profit under the circumstances (results/ridies) today is something that's pleased me. More than it would another day when making the same profit - if that makes sense. I don't even recall my biggest win, I think it was when Mr Monet won at Ascot a few years ago. Not 100%. It means little as it wasn't my biggest fancy, it was just a strong fancy of mine that day and I had a lot of money/was betting bigger at that stage. However I recall every pleasing result, the big priced winners, the T/C's etc. Therefore, it's obviously the sense of achievement that is important to me. In the 'Who are we' thread, by best racing memories are nowhere near my biggest wins - they are the wins seen as most difficult. Vanity, definitely my favourite sin.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.