**Poker Monday 16th June**

GaF

**Poker Monday 16th June**  

1. 1.

Re: **Poker Monday 16th June**

i have a funny feeling people won't worry about their bpp points if they have just won $14k :D
GaF not worry about BPP points' date=' come on get real![/quote'] I know what you're saying guys, but I still have to know how I'm going to deal with it if (when) it happens......

Re: **Poker Monday 16th June** If the game finishes, then chip stacks are usually removed straight away. If it ends automatically, I could just award, say a 5th place to everyone in the top 20 :unsure

If the game finishes, then chip stacks are usually removed straight away. If it ends automatically, I could just award, say a 5th place to everyone in the top 20 :unsure
If you can't get a track of the chipstacks, then wouldn't it be fairer to award them with the number of points that the person finishing in 10.5th place (add up 10th and 11th and divide by 2) would have received? It won't affect me, I think, as I went on to the Lad's lobby very late last night, full of food and too much drink, and thought I'd got enough points - but I didn't :$

If you can't get a track of the chipstacks, then wouldn't it be fairer to award them with the number of points that the person finishing in 10.5th place (add up 10th and 11th and divide by 2) would have received? It won't affect me, I think, as I went on to the Lad's lobby very late last night, full of food and too much drink, and thought I'd got enough points - but I didn't :$
My "logic" behind choosing 5th was that BPP points are logarythmic - so they're not straight line, but escalating - I thought 10.5th would underestimate someones expected value (in terms of BPP points) - but I'm not certain :unsure Also - with the goal just to "survive" and not to accumulate chips - even using chip counts is probably unrepresentative....

My "logic" behind choosing 5th was that BPP points are logarythmic - so they're not straight line, but escalating - I thought 10.5th would underestimate someones expected value (in terms of BPP points) - but I'm not certain :unsure Also - with the goal just to "survive" and not to accumulate chips - even using chip counts is probably unrepresentative....
I appreciate the logic behind you arriving at your suggestion, but my way is definitely fairer. Just suppose we have 10 x PL people in the final 20 (unlikely, I admit, and it would be fan-diddly-tastic), how could you give them all the equivalent of 5th place? If play continues, and the 20 left in just treat it as an all-in fest, because it doesn't matter whether they finish 1st or 20th, then the PL survivors can just sit back quietly, watch the carnage and pick up extra BPP points, as the icing on a very large cake.

Why dont you just make the PokerKings game the focus' date=' and for those who wish to play the laddies do so ?[/quote'] I think the laddies game will have more participants, and it's the bigger game.... We're halfway through the month, so a league game as focus isn't the best....

If play continues' date=' then it's easy and lobby position is what counts :ok (it's the way we've always done it and it's the same for everyone)[/quote'] So will all 20 be in 1st position? (I love these hypothetical discussions) ;)

I think the laddies game will have more participants, and it's the bigger game.... We're halfway through the month, so a league game as focus isn't the best....
But will It ? unless players got there raked hands on Saturday, they are not invited to play. laddiessm1.jpg laddiessm1.d78a6ab22e.jpg

But will It ? unless players got there raked hands on Saturday' date=' they are not invited to play.[/quote'] Yes - I expect most PLrs to have got their RH on Saturday - we advertised the need for them loudly enough :loon

Yes - I expect most PLrs to have got their RH on Saturday - we advertised the need for them loudly enough :loon
Yes but you could have texted me, MSN'd me and Pm'd me as well because I forgot :wall

My "logic" behind choosing 5th was that BPP points are logarythmic - so they're not straight line' date=' but escalating - I thought 10.5th would underestimate someones expected value (in terms of BPP points) - but I'm not certain :unsure[/quote'] 8.30436th place. :ok

Re: **Poker Monday 16th June** Assuming 6000 entrants and 20 seats that are all to intensive purposes =first place, why not divide 6000 by 20(slapdash?) and give out points accordingly. So if you finish in 2000 place that is the same as 100th in a 300 runner field. Hope the maths is O.K. Would hate to see someone blow their chances of a W.S.O.P seat playing for a win when blinded by the possiblity of a few extra BPP points