ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Can't find many prices tonight:unsure:unsure:unsure. Won't be around tomorrow morning, but might write some stuff during the day. Very quick thoughts.... Verdasco as a decent fav against Lee. Lee had a couple of runs here but they were a long time ago. Verdasco can be very good on grass, but concerned about his injury against Nadal last week. Bogdanovic against Sirianni. Boggy was awesome here last year, and coming back here I think he'll produce again. Sirianni has a good serve, and did well coming through qualifying - however, he had a couple of very tough matches in qualifying so may be a little flat. Boggy as a small fav would be decent. Bjorkman surely should be too good on grass for Kunitsyn. He's surprisingly done quite badly here going 1-3 in his 3 visits then done much better at Nottingham and Wimbledon but still fancy him. Kunitsyn has a poor 10-16 record on grass and most of those wins were in qualifying for events. He's reached the final of his last 3 tournaments on hard and clay, but Bjorkman should give him a grass court lesson. Kohlschreiber at home to get his season back on track. He's struggled recently but has done pretty well here in the past, reaching the quarters and semis in 3 attempts. Benneteau was playing really well on the clay, and he's the type of player that to me seems to need to build momentum to play well. I think he'll struggle with the transition to grass here, and Kohlschreiber should have too mcuh.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June

Good luck this week guys' date= I think I'll be writing a bit more than I did doing the French:ok
That would be great, because my tennis knowledge isn't great and with following you , you delivered me some nice winnings.:clap:clap

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Great odds for Mardy Fish in my opinion; but i found no information about vasselin in atp's official site :) If they have no information; @1.30 is great odd for Fish

Great odds for Mardy Fish in my opinion; but i found no information about vasselin in atp's official site :) If they have no information; @1.30 is great odd for Fish
Maybe you didn't find anything because the name is Roger-Vasselin?:unsure:unsure Anyway, he's 24, ranked 131, he plays most of his tennis on clay but quite a lot on indoor hard too. He got to the semis of Surbiton (grass) last week beating Clement before going down to Dancevic 6-4 7-6. Last year he qualified for Wimbledon, beat Baker and Chela in straight sets - pretty sure I backed him at a juicy price against Chela - before losing to Gasquet who was playing excellent tennis. He's certainly no mug on grass, and this could be very close. Fish's first match on grass I wouldn't fancy him at that sort of price.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Slightly tempted by Isner @ 2.42 Betfair. Anderson had a good week in Surbiton reaching the final, but that's all that is in his favour. Apart from that, this would be even money the pair. The way these two serve, wait for the tiebreaks and see who can sneak a point against serve. Isner played pretty well during the clay season, and must know that this part of the season is a great opportunity to make an impact. I fancy him to start here, and this should be a good match up for him. H2H is 1-0 to Anderson winning in a couple of tight sets in Vegas this year, but that was when Anderson was playing his best stuff. Clement @ 2.37 Stan James also looks like a reasonable dog. He's definately on the slide however he could still have a few performances left on the grass where he was excellent last year. Last year he reached the semis of Queens and final of Nottingham beating Djokovic, Karlovic, Gasquet and Bjorkman on the way which is very impressive. Seppi seems OK on grass and capable of the odd decent win, however, this being his first match and Clement playing last week in Surbiton I'm going to favour the Frenchman. MAHUT @ 1.76 Betfair. Everyone remember Mahuts brilliant form here last year and on centre court I fancy him to find some form again. Lopez is also very good on grass, but he seems to save it for Wimbledon having done nothing in his warm up tournaments. Simple as that, fancy Mahut

Maybe you didn't find anything because the name is Roger-Vasselin?:unsure:unsure Anyway, he's 24, ranked 131, he plays most of his tennis on clay but quite a lot on indoor hard too. He got to the semis of Surbiton (grass) last week beating Clement before going down to Dancevic 6-4 7-6. Last year he qualified for Wimbledon, beat Baker and Chela in straight sets - pretty sure I backed him at a juicy price against Chela - before losing to Gasquet who was playing excellent tennis. He's certainly no mug on grass, and this could be very close. Fish's first match on grass I wouldn't fancy him at that sort of price.
Thank you very much Mr.Intensity....Then i should wait for Nadal-Roddick semi-final to bet with high-stakes ;)

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Hmm, I've got 3 picks left on a small stakes fun multi (11 fold 425/1), Ancic 2-0, Suarez-Navarro 2-0 and Mahut. Any suggestions how I can cover it to guarantee some kind of return? Or should I just let it ride. The main concern is Ancic, a break down and not getting anything off Verdasco's serve so far. :sad

Hmm, I've got 3 picks left on a small stakes fun multi (11 fold 425/1), Ancic 2-0, Suarez-Navarro 2-0 and Mahut. Any suggestions how I can cover it to guarantee some kind of return? Or should I just let it ride. The main concern is Ancic, a break down and not getting anything off Verdasco's serve so far. :sad
Ancic looks OK now - started slowly yesterday too.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Cheers Mario. I've taken Lopez @ 3.55 after Mahut went a break up. Rain in Barcelona so the Suarez Navarro match is delayed luckily. I hope I don't mess this up somehow. :loon

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June My mental acca came off anyhow, very close though. I've taken Mahut @ 2.2 tomorrow. He likes this tournie as Mr.Intensity points out, he's serving well (42 aces in the last 28 service games) and has already overcome potentially tricky opposition, Lopez and Isner. Nalbandian has been having his form problems, wasn't particularly convincing against Troicki today and may have his mind on Wimbledon. So value lies with Mahut I reckon. :hope

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Looking at Karlovic - Gonzo over 24.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Obviously it's a bit high but I still think it's OK. Two breakers is 26 games and I can't see much else happening. I know they met here in 2005 and Karlovic won 6-3 7-6 but that was first round - know they've both had matches, should be in the groove on serve and it's very tough to see any breaks. If there is a break somewhere still a decent chance of 3 sets so I'm taking the over. Roddick -3.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Not a good serving performance by Fish yesterday against Guccione, but he still managed to get the win. A similar effort today and Roddick should be able to break a few times. Roddick cruised against Ginepri after losing the first set breaker - looking back Ginepri playing excellently in the first set and there wasn't much Roddick could do about it. After going 3 sets yesterday, expect Roddick to come out sharper and look to wrap this one up in 2. Gasquet @ 2.32 Betfair looks reasonable. We all know how much he was suffering during the clay season, however, having a decent break and hitting the grass should be good for him, and I expect him to have a good grass season. He was solid yesterday against Bolelli coming through 6-3 6-3 without any problems. Not sure about Ancic this week, both matches he's started slowly and come through in a couple of tight sets (Lapentti especially threw the match away while Ancic wasn't playing well). If Gasquet is sharp then he should give Ancic plently of problems at the net and I fancy him to come through - just a shame this is on court 1! Mahut @ 2.1 totesport. Really think Mahut should be fav for his. He's turned up with last years form which saw him all the way to the final and it's tough to see him losing. He's a joy to watch on grass and should be brimming with confidence and should have the crowd behind him. Nalbandian has struggled quite a bit this year and didn't look too good against Troicki. Just fancy Mahut to take this.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Kiefer - He plays well in Germany and on grass. Llodra had a tough match against Darcis who is much better on slower surfaces while Kiefer took down talented Youhzny. He says his confidence grows with every win and I fully expect him to take this match. Kohlschreiber - Beat Haas who despite being injured played well in his two Halle matches. Kohlscrieber also plays well in Germany like Kiefer. Soderling struggled against German Petzschner and beat an out of form Berdych. I see Kohlscreiber coming through here at great odds. Granollers - Small wager here on Granollers at good odds. He crushed Daniel and Monaco has not been playing well despite winning. Hes been getting broken an awful lot and anyone who can hold serve can beat him.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Gasquet - Which Gasquet will show up today? He can easily beat Nalbandian on grass as other two players were unable to break weak Nalbandian serve. Gasquet easily handled Bolleli who has decent serve and took out Ancic who is not playing well but always tough on grass.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Again Im looking at the Milan Challenger at Hartfield vs Lisnard match. Argenitinian Hartfield played a lot of matches on this red clay surface but he rarely passes 2nd round. Until now he won hard in 1st round and won the second with Fornell retiring. Lisnard passed the first 2 rounds very easy and i expect to do the same vs Hartfield. He was eliminated by Safin in Roland Garros but still won the first set. I expect him to win here and odds are just fine. 1.8 or higher.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June NADAL - KARLOVIC Congratulations senor Rafa for the masacre against robot model Roger Federer in Roland Garros final. Now welcome to the grass courts in England where you cannot expect such results like in clay. Rafa beat Bjorkman in 2nd round 6-2 6-2, and Nishikori in 3rd round 6-4 3-6 6-3 in match with too many unexpected troubles for him. It's true that Rafa played in two Wimbledon finals (2006. & 2007.) but he don't have titlle on grass yet. On the other side KArlovic is one of the best players on grass court. He beat Sirrianni in 2nd round 6-3 6-2 and Gonzalez in 3rd round 6-3 7-5. Gonzo took only 5 points on Karlovic service in that match. Sure, Rafa have much better retern than Gonzo, but also service is his weaker element. So, if Nishikori get break from Rafa, Karlovic can too, but it will be very hard challenge for Rafa to take break from Ivo. I will try Karlovic again after succesfull mission yesterday. PICK: Karlovic to win ODDS: 2.25 STAKE: 3/10

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June I'm also on Kiefer today (@1,87) Llodra wasn't playing well against Darcis. He played mediocre, but Darcis was worse. Llora had a three set points in the first set (*6-3) and Darcis managed to tie the score and then Llodra 8-6. Llodra's serve was 25% in the first 4 games and 54% in the first set. No serve - no Llodra. The Frenchman doesn not "feel" the surface yet - he needs 20 matches more on grass to suit to this surface. Kiefer is a different story than Darcis. He played against Haase and Youzhny and he won both games. He's experienced, he's at home, he's in good form. He won't screwe up all those occasions given by Llodra. Odds are good.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June SportTennis EventNadal-Karlovic SelectionKarlovic Strength10/10 Date13/06/2008 Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 2.75 (Back) Reasoning Here i am going on Karlovic as i strongly believe that Croat can beat here Nadal who played lot of matches lately especially on clay and i think he will not go here with 100% as he wants to rest little bit ahead of Wimbledon which is more important tournament for him than this one as he defended all points from last year here after match against Nishikori.Karlovic is in great form on grass especially here as his powerfull service is looking excelent and he allowed only 4 points on his service Gonzalez in previous round.That statistics and his play give me a lot of confidence ahead of this match and this odds are very good to take in this situation.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Roddick looks like being a small dog against Rafa and that's pretty generous. Roddick is the 4 time champion here and has looked OK in the limited tennis he's had this week. I'd back Nadal against him at Wimbledon, but at Queens Roddick is the man. Nadal had 3 sets against Nishikori and 3 breakers against Karlovic and as I've mentioned a few times he does seem to struggle to bring the intensity on consecutive. The matches this week and the French last week might just start to tell a little bit. Even if it doesn't Roddick has a great chance and should be a decent price. Kohlschreiber is a small dog too against Blake and I don't agree with that. I've watched Kohl a lot this week and he's playing well, coming through a really tight one against Haas and impressive against Soderling. Blake has struggled a bit, against Becker and Beck who are playing at home but are nowhere near Kohls level. Kohlschreiber won this match up in the quarters of this tournament last year in a couple of sets and expect similar here. Erakovic at around 1.83 looks pretty good. I saw Erakovic for the first time today and I was impressed. She's solid off the ground, uses her slice backhand very well to move players around and looks really well suited to grass. She moves good and serves OK and is playing with a lot of confidence and variety. She's really broken through this year and won Surbiton on grass last week dropping only 1 set and hasn't dropped a set this week. She beat Alona Bondarenko today and has a shot at sister Katerina tomorrow which should be interesting. Katerina has done well this week, but I just like what I've seen from Erakovic and favour her to come through.

Re: ATP Halle/Queens/Warsaw & WTA Barcelona/Birmingham 9th-15th June Kohlschrieber - Also on Phil hes been playing great while Blake squeeks by against little known Andreas Beck. Becks been toiling in the challengers for awhile and has some game but nowhere close to Kohlhe is on. Blake will have trouble breaking Kohl on this surface while Kohl can take advantage of the errors that Blake brings with his extremely offensive style of play. Full Stakes.